Tinder

I'm a solid 7/10 but my immaturity and curtain hairstyle make me a 10. There's a reason women don't stay in relationships with me though.

Saw something online and tried it in Tinder last week. Asked a lassie to spell Me. She did, I replied you missed the 'D'. She said there's no D in me. I said maybe we could change that. Terrible, childish shite, but as of tomorrow, it will have worked.

Bumble was the best in my experience, you connect better with people I find - I doubt I could ever settle down with anyone from Tinder. It's just a less "ah want ma hole" admittance than the absolute dreg pile that was plenty of fish. That's where you go for VD's.

Also, as pointed out by Velo. I am not really fussy gender wise - if you have a dug - you're getting pumped. Dems da rules.

Edited by Derry Alli

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm a solid 7/10 but my immaturity and curtain hairstyle make me a 10. There's a reason women don't stay in relationships with me though.

Saw something online and tried it in Tinder last week. Asked a lassie to spell Me. She did, I replied you missed the 'D'. She said there's no D in me. I said maybe we could change that. Terrible, childish shite, but as of tomorrow, it will have worked.

Bumble was the vest in my experience, you connect better with people I find - I doubt I could ever settle down with anyone from Tinder. It's just a less "ah want ma hole" admittance than the absolute dreg pile that was plenty of fish. That's where you go for VD's.

Also, as pointed out by Velo. I am not really fussy gender wise - if you have a dug - you're getting pumped. Dems da rules.

Nah, take my advice, not a good look

image.jpeg.3891e89e1331adbf4cca1d9500551083.jpeg

My experience is now 10 years out of date so things might have changed since but I found the free sites (PoF, etc) a total waste of time, it was just bored mammies hooering themselves out for attention.

However, if you got yourself on a site where the women have to take a paid subscription the sucess rate improved immeasurably. Makes sense I suppose - if they're dropping £20/30/40 a month on a membership, they're not there to have endless online chatting. Make contact and if you can scrape even the narrowest 6/10 pass mark, you'd be meeting face to face within the week. And then I got to unleash the full charm on them... 

Do youse have anything that might elevate someone in your eyes? I notice that if a lassie looks nice enough and has pictures of her doing outdoors stuff, wearing specs or she writes something funny in her profile suddenly she's Michelle Pfeiffer.

I mind seeing a lass on hinge and thought she was pretty ordinary looking until I saw a picture of her reading a book and it was as if I'd just been injected with oxytocin 😍.

On the other hand if she has pictures with those animal ear filters or an inane profile (love a laugh, enjoy travelling etc) or if she identifies as a dog mum (mostly if it's a shitey wee yap of a dug) then that will trigger an immediate left swipe 

28 minutes ago, velo army said:

Do youse have anything that might elevate someone in your eyes? I notice that if a lassie looks nice enough and has pictures of her doing outdoors stuff, wearing specs or she writes something funny in her profile suddenly she's Michelle Pfeiffer.

I mind seeing a lass on hinge and thought she was pretty ordinary looking until I saw a picture of her reading a book and it was as if I'd just been injected with oxytocin 😍.

On the other hand if she has pictures with those animal ear filters or an inane profile (love a laugh, enjoy travelling etc) or if she identifies as a dog mum (mostly if it's a shitey wee yap of a dug) then that will trigger an immediate left swipe 

Any sort of workwear did it for me back in the day. Whether a suit, a boiler suit or any sort of uniform.

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I’ve had a bizarrely good* success rate with sending birds “Country Roads” they reply “take me home” and I respond with something like “If you want? I was at least gonna suggest dinner and a few drinks first…”. 

Works fairly well for me and my fellow P&B singletons are welcome to try it

*Good in terms of getting my hole 

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Yeah, may well be plagiarised but there was a decent looking woman with something like "Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Full, valid UK driving licence and access to my own car for commuting". Basically shitposting on her dating profile as if it was linkedin, which tickled me.

Never matched with her sadly. 😔

Re: earlier dug comments - i technically have two, do i get pumped twice?

7 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tend to find if you’ve been chatting to someone for long enough then just asking them “fancy going out for drinks/dinner/coffee” usually works. Gets easier the more you do it though and you can kinda feel the vibe better

Knowing when to ask is a fine art though.  I was getting on amazingly with a (very attractive) lady so I asked her out on my 4th message.  Got pretty short shrift.  Other times I've left it for over a week and they've lost interest.  Yet other times I've left it so long I've been asked out by them.

I've been on Match and eHarmony so if my current tryst doesn't work out I'll try Bumble.  Don't have the photos or date of birth for Tinder.

I managed sign up for six months of match. Think lady payments gone. Thought I'd clicked a month so wasn't till noticed coming out bank again. Can't comment on it as I've hardly been on.

My friend met her now husband on Bumble.

I've not been on any kind of hook up/dating sites in a year. Absolutely zero interest in dating ir even the pre amble for caual sex.

57 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I managed sign up for six months of match. Think lady payments gone. Thought I'd clicked a month so wasn't till noticed coming out bank again. Can't comment on it as I've hardly been on.

My friend met her now husband on Bumble.

I've not been on any kind of hook up/dating sites in a year. Absolutely zero interest in dating ir even the pre amble for caual sex.

Aye I got stung by Bumble like that too. I'd been paying them for months after I  quit and had paid them not far off £300. With these sites it seems that after you cancel you have to stop the payment through your bank.

Bandits.

Hinge is definitely the best, if you can look past pretty much everybody saying their perfect Sunday is "going for a walk, then having a roast dinner hehe" you generally get a decent idea of the person going by their 'prompts'.

Of course, you'll never be able to know if their ex boyfriend will break in and steal your trainers, but such is life.

• 9 months later...

Anyone else found love on one of these sites?

I was making no progress on eharmony and Match, but then met up with someone with my 2nd conversation on Bumble, now we're 7 months down.  She's fúcking awesome. 😍

The irony is that I'd just paid for a lifetime membership, anticipating years of dating purgatory.  Best £150 I've ever spend though. 

14 minutes ago, Gnash said:

I was making no progress on eharmony and Match, but then met up with someone with my 2nd conversation on Bumble, now we're 7 months down.  She's fúcking awesome. 😍

The irony is that I'd just paid for a lifetime membership, anticipating years of dating purgatory.  Best £150 I've ever spend though. 

Slabberdash?

16 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Met my ex on Tinder, we went out for nearly 2 years. I know loads of people who’ve got married and had kids from meeting on these apps though.

I’ve shagged a fair few lassies from Tinder and Hinge. Absolutely despise Bumble so don’t bother with it :lol:

Had a fair few nutters over the years though, got catfished a belter off a lass from Paisley. There was a good 7 stone minimum between her pictures and her in person.