Alistair McCoist

It's amazing that in his career he has learned so little. Given the budget, even that shouldn't matter. He obviously can't recognise any degree of quality. He has signed the wrong players since day one.

Does he even have a scouting system? It's like a child playing Football Manager for the first time.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a shame - I would like to have witnessed the Rangers media angst as they tried to decide what to do. :D

As said, probably the endorsement of some of these guys is a reason to vote yes in itself :)

Seems to be all change over on meeja now re Souper. The knives are out and the wolves are baying. Red cards are being mentioned and even orchestrated chanting! I do hope he stays though.

It's quite a complicated situation for McCoist, I imagine. He's making a pile of money out of Rangers and (IIRC) has a reasonable shareholding in the club. He's taken them to 2 promotions. Unless they go into administration or liquidation again they'll surely be good enough to finish in the playoffs even if they don't win the league, meaning that the potential for the vital promotion will remain alive until May. Winning SFL3 and SPFL1 gained him no real credit and they've screwed-up countless cup runs. His recruitment and tactical skill has seemed shambolic. He may struggle to get another decent managers job. All of those are reasons to stay and try and stick-it-out. Only a healthy pay-off and a return to media work would seem attractive reasons to go.

Whenever I hear a bit on the news leading with "Ally McCoist" there's always a brief moment of panic that the follow-up will be "has been sacked/relieved/fired out of a cannon."

I don't think there's any doubt at all that he'll never get another management job again though.

Hope he gets a stand named after him, before they set the place on fire.

"Whit did ye get for yer birthday Billy?"

"Mi da got wis twa tickets in the Fat Sally stand, bit eh dinae want te go any mair. Sixteen fuckin season in this division an wi still canae get promoted"

"Never mind pal, see their daen another and o them share issue thingies"

He is probably in Rowan Alexander territory. No-one else will touch him after this performance. He gained no credit form winning the previous divisions and has been unable to tackle teams that are vaguely organised.

Didn't Rowan manage a cup final appearance?

Archived