Alistair McCoist

Has there been any chants against the manager yet, fb?

no chants as such , but there was various booing and general moaning towards ally and the players from the stands particulalrly after the 3rd goal on Monday night. I think moshni ended up growling and snapping back towards some fans who were shouting at him in the main stand as he left the pitch at half time which resulted in the whole west enclosure telling him what they thought of him and where to go according to a mate who sits in that part of the ground. booed off at half time and full time and although not joining in I thought it was fully justified and can fully understand peoples reason for choosing to do so. I preffered to just go down the huge seething ball of mess route of shouting angrily, loudly and randumly whatever came into my head.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a poll on FF showing 87% of Rangers fans feel he should not be in charge come our next game, the reality is most Rangers fans have huge respect for McCoist for his service as a player and his (rightly or wrongly) conduct during 2012, fans of other clubs may not agree with the latter part but it is what it is. Most fans would want him to do the right thing and let someone else come in that actually has a clue about managing a football team, they will show their displeasure by booing etc, I now sit in the East Enclosure and some of the guys there give him absolute pelters for 90 minutes (some 80) all of which are in his earshot but unified chanting will probably not happen due to respect thing. Did Danny have mass chants against him? I certainly cannot recall any.

No not at all, although similarly he took a lot of verbals from yer typical angry fans and possibly a few "you don't know what you're doing" type chants, but nothing sustained or vitriolic, especially after our form picked up.

For different reasons( him actually winning something as a manager ;)) there was also a lot of underlying respect for Danny despite our poor league form. And correct me if I'm wrong but there does seem to be growing number of Rangers fans aware and concerned over McCoist's off field behaviour over the last couple of years.

and if No8 is correct, he doesn't do the tactics.

I am only posting what McCoist mate told me. I also hear they don't practice set pieces but i am sure that comes as no surprise to anybody that has seen our set pieces

No not at all, although similarly he took a lot of verbals from yer typical angry fans and possibly a few "you don't know what you're doing" type chants, but nothing sustained or vitriolic, especially after our form picked up.

For different reasons( him actually winning something as a manager ;)) there was also a lot of underlying respect for Danny despite our poor league form. And correct me if I'm wrong but there does seem to be growing number of Rangers fans aware and concerned over McCoist's off field behaviour over the last couple of years.

Whats he been up to?

The only negative story i can remember was when the sunday mail claimed that his slipway on loch fyne(?) was a threat to national security.

rangers have on paper the stronger squad, with a decent manager who would bring in discipline, tactics, organisation and genrate a bit of fear into the players that performances such as Monday night will not be toleraated we would probably win the laugue reasoanbly comftarbly however hold on to McCoist and this is not going to happen we will be lucky to make the play offs.

In all honesty, from what I have seen this season Hearts are well ahead of Rangers. A change of manager might help, but the average age of that squad and the money they are on will make it very very difficult for anyone to turn it around quickly.

In all honesty, from what I have seen this season Hearts are well ahead of Rangers. A change of manager might help, but the average age of that squad and the money they are on will make it very very difficult for anyone to turn it around quickly.

agreed hearts are certainly in better shape at the moment , but with the players at our disposal then on paper they should not be. a change of manager could bring that through , i just dont think McCoisy will.

agreed hearts are certainly in better shape at the moment , but with the players at our disposal then on paper they should not be. a change of manager could bring that through , i just dont think McCoisy will.

On paper I agree, but the game is played on grass. Hearts are actually doing exactly what Rangers should have a few years ago. They took their dumps last season and got pumped while blooding a team of youngsters. The youngsters have now grown up a bit and can handle themselves, and they have brought in wisely in positions that experience is needed. They also have a manager who seems to know what he is doing, and above him in Levein they have someone who, while a disaster as national boss, knows what is needed in Scotland and knows the league inside out.

On paper I agree, but the game is played on grass. Hearts are actually doing exactly what Rangers should have a few years ago. They took their dumps last season and got pumped while blooding a team of youngsters. The youngsters have now grown up a bit and can handle themselves, and they have brought in wisely in positions that experience is needed. They also have a manager who seems to know what he is doing, and above him in Levein they have someone who, while a disaster as national boss, knows what is needed in Scotland and knows the league inside out.

I could not agree more and have infact on the bralt made comments from late 2012 early 2103 that we have set about our recovery the complete wrong way, Hearts have a decent young squad, and in the current situation will win this league. I am saying for rangers to have a chance to get this team to perform to the best of its abilities and stand a chance of winning the league then a new manager is required. ,

I could not agree more and have infact on the bralt made comments from late 2012 early 2103 that we have set about our recovery the complete wrong way, Hearts have a decent young squad, and in the current situation will win this league. I am saying for rangers to have a chance to get this team to perform to the best of its abilities and stand a chance of winning the league then a new manager is required. ,

Hard to disagree. Just can't see McCoist walking, and not sure who would fancy replacing him in the current circumstances.

Hard to disagree. Just can't see McCoist walking, and not sure who would fancy replacing him in the current circumstances.

He wont walk , I dunno if it is stubborness, pride or the fat pay cheque -although I can place my bets- but something inside McCoist will not allow himself to leave. he either knows this is not working or is genuinley too stupid to reliase.

McCoist won't walk away barring Rangers failing to get promoted. He knows he's at a signficant advantage in budgetary terms (for the time being) and in terms of depth. I'm not really clued up on their team, but if Hearts had injury problems would they still be as strong? Aside from that, the wages alone are enough to keep him toiling where he is. He'll happily play off the "I've gone through hell with this club" routine following the liquidation.

If Rangers do go up, they'll be found out quickly. For the most part, when they've played any of the larger teams in Scotland they've been found out as being utter shite. Celtic will utterly maim them at the first opportunity to do so.

Does anyone believe McCoist will get another gig as a football manager if/when he leaves Ibrox?

Well, how many other teams across the world buy success in their league, all so they can get knocked out early of a continental competition they will never get success in?

I actually think McCoist might leave at some point.

If they drop many more points, I can envisage some mutually agreed moving upstairs, enabling his wealth in shares to be realised as things unfold in whatever direction.

He's retained his job for as long as he's been useful in terms of endorsing regimes and ensuring support. I don't believe anyone on the planet actually thinks he's good at this.

That value now surely receding and cannot continue indefinitely.

Even he must surely see how the wind now blows. He's not stupid enough to resist a face saving way out, when it's presented, I'd imagine.

Ally's options ?

For Ally, to get the sack or forced to step down from management, then financially he has the club by the throat because the club can't pay him his severance pay and can then pursue to get a seat in the BoD trough with another demented contract to the board where the board can't sack him there without a hefty recompense. At this point offer him shares in the company increasing his stake in the company instead of money and offer a healthy BoD salary plus bonuses, benefits & expenses etc and every time the ST's are due for renewal or another share issue he gets polished up and woos the fans into parting with their cash and Ally still gets a cut from the cash.

If thrown out on his arse he'll quickly turn against his beloved club selling his stories to the highest bidder at how corrupt the club is cashing it in big time, the club quickly goes down the shitter but Ally gets his wedge from the media and his book about his struggles against the spivs is released within a fortnight of getting the sack increasing his wealth substantially as he gets money both from the media publishing excerpts from the book and the stupid fans buy the book by the warehouse load and find out the P&D's actually got it spot on from the word go.

Or he actually does show some face and admits it's all been too much for him and someone better at managing a club that is Rangers is allowed to take the reigns, highly unlikely though.

McCoist can't, and probably won't leave. It's career suicide at this stage. If he walks out now, he's admitting that's he's not up to the job of getting a club with (almost certainly) the second highest budget in Scotland out of it's second tier, having enjoyed even greater financial advantages in his previous two seasons, against largely part-time footballers. If he somehow limps to the title, he can at least claim he did all he could and hope prospective employers aren't bothered about the profligacy involved in defeating posties and plumbers for the best part of three years.

He also surely knows that he won't get any sort of decent gig anywhere else, so I wouldn't really blame him for sticking it out at Ibrox. He's incompetent, and he knows he's incompetent, which is probably why he's quick to shift the focus onto certain players after a bad result.

Hopefully he stays, it's pretty amusing to watch.

Archived