New handsets 2016

Mik

Weirdly enough I was looking at that today.

Is it coming to the UK? Couldn't see a realise date for it.

Looks to blow any other phone out the water with the price/value of it

I was fairly sure it said on their website that it was released in the UK on the 1st of March.  Can't say I've see anything else about it.  Phone looks incredible!

Please find this information for me!

Looks like they are sticking to China and branching out to India with this device but rumours of Europe seem to be false.  gutted as i love the look (and price!)

Hopefully arrives soon, in the meantime I think I will go for z5 compact as price has dropped, anyone got any experience with it?

Just seen this on a blog that had written about it being launched in Poland -

"Xiaomi has been in touch with Android Authority to inform us that the e-commerce site promoting the Mi 5 launch in Poland is not a real Xiaomi site, and that no official plans have yet been announced for a European launch of the Xiaomi Mi 5. We’ll update this article with more details as they become available."

Balls.

Gonna go for the Samsung Galaxy S6. Pissed off with EE for their shite retention efforts. Anybody ever used mobiles.co.uk before? Reliable?

It's a difficult one really. It's likely that the vast majority of people will not have any problems and so say these types of site are fine but almost every single person who's ever had a problem seems to agree that these just not interested at that point and it's a miserable after sales experience.

I've just recently got the s6 edge where I managed to get Three retentions to match the best deal on buymobiles.co.uk at the time which was pretty surprising.

Edited by #Gary

Gonna go for the Samsung Galaxy S6. Pissed off with EE for their shite retention efforts. Anybody ever used mobiles.co.uk before? Reliable?

Have decided to ignore this and go for the LG G5.  All ordered and arriving on the 1st of April - all for £23.20 a month :thumsup2

Ordered the z5 compact today. Amazon selling it for £299 and everywhere else has it around the £370 mark!

Are you sure it's the z5 and not the z3? I thought I'd found the same bargain until I double checked.

Here's the link 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Compact-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Version/dp/B014P2283U

FYI Minertaur click on German Version and back to UK version and price jumps to £299 for some reason!!

Very peculiar.  Looks like a cracking phone so you've gotten a bargain there.

Not strictly a 2016 handset, but I've ordered myself a Lumia 950, upgrading from my 925. I was torn between the 950 and the 950 XL but I think overall the 5.7" screen of the XL would have been a bit too much. Excited to give it a shot.

Here's the link 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Compact-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Version/dp/B014P2283U

FYI Minertaur click on German Version and back to UK version and price jumps to £299 for some reason!!

I'd recommend you think about getting one of these, the phone is great but has a weird slippery feel that you don't get if you put it in a case. I got the dark brown one, perfect fit, easy to use and looks retro chic, like a Victorian gentleman's pocket diary. There are many other cases available should you prefer other epochs.  ;)

Have decided to ignore this and go for the LG G5.  All ordered and arriving on the 1st of April - all for £23.20 a month :thumsup2

All confirmed with Vodafone last week as arriving today :)

Text this morning says they'll send it when they have stock and to expect a reply with 2-3 days. :(

After an angry phone call I'm now proud to say that the phone will be with me possibly around the 6th.....maybe  :green

Edited by The Minertaur

• 2 weeks later...

So my LG G5 arrived on Saturday and have hardly put it down since it arrived.  Changed from an old Nokia Lumia so it's fair to say that there's been some adjusting to do but in a good way.

First impressions are positive.  Loving the camera, especially the wide angle one.  This camera has a 135 degree view so is totally unique from anything else I've ever seen on a phone!  Screen is pretty good and the processor is superb.  Not had any lag issues at all so far and have been downloading apps galore.  Fingerprint sensor on the back is perfect and works first time 9 times out of 10.

Battery life has seen me get through a day without needing to top up (7:30-23:00) which is miles better than anything I've had before but probably still lagging behind others.  Even still the charge is incredible - basically from 10% to 100% in less than an hour!

Would recommend it as a stand alone phone to anybody. The detachable bottom I removed once just to see how easy it was - took a bit of work but imagine next time it'll be easy enough.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up anow S7 edge last week. After having an iPhone with low storage for two years it's brilliant to be away from it.

Great screen on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got the iPhone special edition? From what I can gather it has nearly all the technical spec of the most recent iPhone 6 (whatever version of that we're now on) but is the size of the 5. Never had one before so thinking of giving it a try.

Also, how do you go about cancelling your contract without getting charged? I usually leave whoever my provider is when my contract ends but always seem to get charged an extra month so presumably I'm doing it wrong! It's due to expire on June 16th so is there a notice period I need to give?

Has anyone got the iPhone special edition? From what I can gather it has nearly all the technical spec of the most recent iPhone 6 (whatever version of that we're now on) but is the size of the 5. Never had one before so thinking of giving it a try.

Also, how do you go about cancelling your contract without getting charged? I usually leave whoever my provider is when my contract ends but always seem to get charged an extra month so presumably I'm doing it wrong! It's due to expire on June 16th so is there a notice period I need to give?

I think Mrs X has the 6SE, or it might be someone at work!

Notice period should be in your contract somewhere but if you pay monthly giving one months notice should be sufficient.

I think Mrs X has the 6SE, or it might be someone at work!

Notice period should be in your contract somewhere but if you pay monthly giving one months notice should be sufficient.

So if I phone them on Monday (May 16th) for my PAC code then don't use it until June 16th I should be OK?

So if I phone them on Monday (May 16th) for my PAC code then don't use it until June 16th I should be OK?

Depends on your contract really. If you're paying a month in arrears you'll always have final bill after you've cancelled, maybe thats where the "extra" month is coming from. I took that to mean paying an extra month than you should but maybe you're just paying the final month in arrears??

If thats the case it shouldnt matter if you use it or not. You'll get a final bill for the last months line rental anyway