New handsets 2016

Mik

On 11/07/2017 at 15:59, paisleysaints said:

I've already had one of the Xperia phones never changed through the years probably just stick and go with the XZ.

I've just took delivery of an XZ premium. Very impressed so far, it's ridiculously quick. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Xz Premium for a while now and just can't get used to it. It's impossible to use one handed, and it's just too bulky and the corners too pointy for me. 

Hoping for the S8 price to drop soon with the Note coming out. 

I think the Lenovo phones Are meant to be the best for battery life, no idea of they have any smaller offerings though as it's the p2 I had been looking at. 

I got the s8 and have to say it's bloody good to hold a phone comfortably again. I've got my Xperia xz premium on eBay with no idea how much im gonna lose out on but I just couldn't use a phone that big. I just kept telling myself id get used to it as id previously had a Note phone but the pointy corners done it for me. Shame as it's a cracking phone otherwise.

On 06/09/2017 at 12:09, jam20 said:

I think my z5 compact is coming to the end of it's lifespan. 

Is it the battery? Mine had a bad spell a while ago at draining quickly but it seems ok again now. Pain in the arse that you can't just buy a new one without taking the whole phone apart. When it does die I'll probably go for the latest Sony again, well happy with it.

On 06/09/2017 at 22:52, Iminavest said:

Been looking at possibly picking up a Z5c, how is it?

From the above posts I'd be wary unless it's fairly new. It's a great phone and the battery life is really good, but might reduce after a couple of years. Easily fits into a front jeans pocket but big and clear enough for most stuff.

I've been using the Xz Premium for a while now and just can't get used to it. It's impossible to use one handed, and it's just too bulky and the corners too pointy for me. 
Hoping for the S8 price to drop soon with the Note coming out. 

Im loving my XZ Premium. Just couldn't get used to the piece of glass that was the S8.

34 minutes ago, jam20 said:

It is indeed, just seems to be draining fairly quickly.

That's promising, I will mabye stick with it a bit longer and see if it gets back to normal.

On that note how often do you find yourself reaching for the charger?

Every two or three days if I'm not using it much. If I'm on it all the time less than a day come to think of it, I've got used to carrying a pocket battery pack thing around. Maybe it is slowly dying. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41228126

"A 64 gigabyte capacity model will cost $999 (£999 in the UK) when it goes on sale on 3 November. A 256GB version will be priced at $1,149 (£1,149 in the UK).

By contrast, Samsung is charging $930 (£869 in the UK) for its new Note 8 phone, which has 64GB of storage."

In regards to the Apple X, which is basically their competition against the Note 8. 

Shits getting stupid now, phones are far too expensive for what they are, a fucking grand for a new phone? get fucked. My plan is to let this contract im on finish, then switch to a sim only plan. I got impatient last time when it came to getting a new phone which was stupid as f**k to do and i ended up with a shit contract.

All these new features seem like a load of guff to me. Face unlocking for your phone? Who cares. Invent a battery that gives you more than 1 day of use and I'll get excited.

It's the sheep who queue overnight outside Apple shops to be first to get their hands on overpriced shit that gets me seething!!!

It's the sheep who queue overnight outside Apple shops to be first to get their hands on overpriced shit that gets me seething!!!

Fannies like this you mean

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/mobile-phones/man-lines-up-outside-apple-store-10-days-early-for-iphone-x-device-release-delayed-until-november-3/news-story/697cae4e8a1fe0283ff71a1fd3bb6fd7

• 1 month later...