Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

Agree completely with Clancy. Sammon is the prime example to look at - both are big, strong and athletic with limited technical ability. A run of games and the right luck and who knows?

We don't, at the moment, seem to have the sort of midfield and full backs that allowed Sammon the opportunities he made the most of in the first half of 2010/11.

Maybe Clingan can be key, but I'm unsure.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree about Sammon, but the difference being that Sammon was in the gym every chance he could to bulk up and get fitter, stayed longer at training for extra drills with Mixu.

If he joins then i'll certainly give him a chance, Jackson irvine certainly proved me wrong last season. No reason this guy can't aswell.

He does have the ability to be a good player, although he hasn't played any pre-season games for us yet. I agree that every player deserves a chance, although he sounds like a signing AJ would have made this time last year. I hope everything works out for him and he proves me wrong.

Magennis really would have benefitted from Aberdeen sending him out on loan to a Scottish Championship or League 1 club earlier in his career. He's got all the physical attributes to be a reasonably effective Premiership forward, but he never really had the football intelligence that comes with regular games. I do think there's a player in there somewhere, but I'm not sure if it's too late to find it.

He's been playing regularly for a decent League 1 team in England, but League 1 is shit so there's not much to judge him on. Let's hope he has improved in the 4 years since he was at St Johnstone.

He's would have only been 18 so you would imagine there was room for improvement.

Archived