Kilmarnock Transfer Summer 2014

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's would have only been 18 so you would imagine there was room for improvement.

Yeah I hope so. I'm quite happy having read up on him. He was popular with the Crawley fans and was linked with a bunch of fairly decent Championship clubs this summer (Brighton, Derby, Charlton, Wolves). The three-year deal suggests we think he might have some sell-on value, but it will no doubt have our usual get-out clauses too.

Saints had him on loan from Bolton a few years ago.I hope he's improved as his only start was at Hamilton and he was subbed at half time,as he was so out of his depth.

Yeah he was played at right back I'm sure, and looked completely out his depth. Couldn't control the ball, was ponderous on it when he eventually did master it and was a bit naive with his tackling, playing him at centre half would have been a travesty. Pretty sure he got booked aswell for a pointlessly rash lunge.

It was in 2009/2010 though, so he's likely unrecognisable from those days and will be more disciplined. Feel its only right we call him shite in the hope it jinxes him into being a great player for Killie though, seeing as craigkillie done that for us with O'Halloran...

Relatively pleased with that considering the names being linked with him earlier in the summer. As craigkillie says, I imagine we see some sort of sell-on value in him so lets all hope he lives up to it.

As an aside, I just watched the interview with him on the 'fishal site, and he comes across really well. The most interesting part was when he spoke about the manager wanting to play football the right way, and that the chairman sold him on the future direction of the club. Listen, I want to like Allan Johnston, and if he gets us playing a more attractive style then he'll win himself more time. I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that had we finished where we did last term but played a game that was easier on the eye then AJ wouldn't be getting half the stick he does.

Really looking forward to Annan next weekend to see for myself if there's a change in focus. Hope so.

Oh, and Graham Carey is training with us. If we signed him and McAllister then we'd have a pretty strong battle for the left-back slot finally. Always like Carey so hopefully we can utilise his excellent delivery.

Locke mentioned to the Herald that we're close to a few more signings, and one is still with a club. Jackson Irvine I imagine.

Oh, and Graham Carey is training with us. If we signed him and McAllister then we'd have a pretty strong battle for the left-back slot finally. Always like Carey so hopefully we can utilise his excellent delivery.

Locke mentioned to the Herald that we're close to a few more signings, and one is still with a club. Jackson Irvine I imagine.

Carey is more of a midfielder. He can cover at left back but not his strongest position. He's a decent player only thing which let him down at St. Mirren was his attitude, he didn't get on with Danny... U can kinda see his point I suppose.

Carey is more of a midfielder. He can cover at left back but not his strongest position. He's a decent player only thing which let him down at St. Mirren was his attitude, he didn't get on with Danny... U can kinda see his point I suppose.

Again I imagine this will be why he's being looked at. Provides cover and competition.

Think Miller will be a good signing, never heard of Connolly until yesterday but sounds like he has potential to be an excellent signing. Not convinced about the others signed or apparently on trial. Hopefully another 3 or 4 signings of a similar quality to Miller/Connolly in next week.

I'm happy with Carey training with us, be a good-quality signing. Would like to see us sign Jackson Irvine so long as he plays in the role he did at Easter Road in the last game of the season in May.

The most interesting part was when he spoke about the manager wanting to play football the right way...

This would be the same manager which was playing the game wrongly according to Eremenko. So who do you believe? Some random youth player who has been bumping around the bottom leagues in England or one with extensive knowledge of the game over many countries.

Archived