Euro Election May 22nd.

My dilemma was solved, GF decided she wanted to vote for the greens so I marked my x next the the SNP. My sister and mum were going to vote, but missed out, which is probably a good thing unless you're a Lib Dem.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumours UKIP have taken Sunderland.

Just watched the UKIP bloke for Croydon on BBC. Winston Mckenzie. What an utter tool. My toes were curling. The thing is, no-one on the usual talking heads panel challenged his piss-poor performance. # dismay

Just watched the UKIP bloke for Croydon on BBC. Winston Mckenzie. What an utter tool. My toes were curling. The thing is, no-one on the usual talking heads panel challenged his piss-poor performance. # dismay

I Googled him after that, he's apparently bounced from Labour to Lib Dem, Tory and now Ukip. Who the f**k votes for these people?

I Googled him after that, he's apparently bounced from Labour to Lib Dem, Tory and now Ukip. Who the f**k votes for these people?

God only knows....but who the f**k has these imbeciles as candidates for their parties?

Any reason why we can't vote online yet in this day and age? I'm assuming it may be for security risks etc but surely has to be more secure than the 'tick off a list with no ID' method?

I'm guessing so. The cost of setting all this up would be astronomical I could imagine, a would take decades and still be a monumental f**k up. Does any country in the world have the provision for online voting?

The election coverage would be quite amusing with online voting. Instead of 36+ hours of blanket coverage, at 10.05pm David Dimbleby would simply turn to the camera and say "Well that's Labour won with a majority of 25. Goodnight".

Any reason why we can't vote online yet in this day and age? I'm assuming it may be for security risks etc but surely has to be more secure than the 'tick off a list with no ID' method?

I was a first time voter yesterday and took my driving licence along expecting to get asked for ID to go with my poll card. I wasn't. Could have easily walked up and claimed to be my flatmate who doesn't vote.

Unless they trust the guys working at the polling place to recognise people who have voted more than once.

I'm guessing so. The cost of setting all this up would be astronomical I could imagine, a would take decades and still be a monumental f**k up. Does any country in the world have the provision for online voting?

The election coverage would be quite amusing with online voting. Instead of 36+ hours of blanket coverage, at 10.05pm David Dimbleby would simply turn to the camera and say "Well that's Labour won with a majority of 25. Goodnight".

I've kinda always though, even if they don't use online voting, they could have machines at the polling place rather than pencil and paper, so you just press a button and your vote is registered.

I'd imagine they'd still find a way to make a tv show out of it though, probably by giving each area an allotted time to announce its results so the final result isn't known right away.

I missed the part when Cowdenbeath was in Iraq, not Fife.

I think people are more concerned with what party makes them better off at home than some war that happened a decade ago.

I think there are enough dead laddies from fife from Blair's wars for even the most insular brain donor to think it's relevant.

I reckon the average voter for this guy voted for him because he was called Winston, didn't know he was black and had never heard him speak. A triumph for democracy.

I seem to recall that McKenzie was with Farage the other day in Croydon when Farage was forced into retreat after people protested at his appearance. Cue McKenzie criticising the protesters and calling Croydon a "dump". Hardly surprising he never won.

Oh, here he is preparing for his interview with Sky:

https://vine.co/v/Mw7pgdmKdhb

I seem to recall that McKenzie was with Farage the other day in Croydon when Farage was forced into retreat after people protested at his appearance. Cue McKenzie criticising the protesters and calling Croydon a "dump". Hardly surprising he never won.

Oh, here he is preparing for his interview with Sky:

https://vine.co/v/Mw7pgdmKdhb

:D He looks like a mini Trevor MacDonald.

The Harmony Party was standing in the West Midlands who want "zero immigration". The candidate was this guy...

RM.jpg

:unsure2:

There was also a "transgender" candidate standing who apparently "after being raped by a man, was confident she was lesbian"

:unsure2:

Where do they find these people??

The fact that so many people are prepared to vote for such a discredited party as UKIP is testament to their disillusion with the other parties.

I despise Farrage and all he stands for and would not vote UKIP but I'm pissed off that the mainstream political parties are prepared to ignore the total failures of the EU and give us the option of voting to leave.

Nah, they'd surely turn it into an X-Factor / Eurovision-esque results show. I'd certainly watch that.

"And Glasgow East's MSP for 2012 to 2016 is..... (dramatic long pause)..... Scottish Labour's Hugh Henry"

"Thank you, Glenn. Well, that cuts the SNPs lead to 7, now lets go live to Reevel Alderson for the result in Midlothian North & Musselburgh."

The fact that so many people are prepared to vote for such a discredited party as UKIP is testament to their disillusion with the other parties.

I despise Farrage and all he stands for and would not vote UKIP but I'm pissed off that the mainstream political parties are prepared to ignore the total failures of the EU and give us the option of voting to leave.

Usual gibberish from you old man.

What exactly are you complaining about? If you want a referendum on the EU vote Conservative at the next General Election.

Usual gibberish from you old man.

What exactly are you complaining about? If you want a referendum on the EU vote Conservative at the next General Election.

I really seem to upset you which is a bit strange but nonetheless amusing.

I wouldn't vote Conservative and they're offer of an EU referendum is, I believe, false and a position they have been forced into by their support draining away to UKIP.

Estonia used online voting in 2007, they were the first to do it.

Might be talking out my arse on this one but for French elections there are eleven overseas constituencies, where émigrés who've retained their French citizenship are able to vote. I think they're allowed to vote online rather than having to go to their nearest embassy or consulate.

This some surge from the UKIP going from 0 seats to 0 seats.

They may take 1 council in england and the ukip lovers are already predicting a pact with the tories in the uk general wide election

Archived