The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Div on Twitter seems to be trying to justify the deal, 'St.Mirren would have got £250k compensation in the summer had McLean moved. His release clause is for more than that.'

I'd 100% want us to take the £250k in the summer as he's your club' best chance of survival if Dundee were in the same position.

Div on Twitter seems to be trying to justify the deal, 'St.Mirren would have got £250k compensation in the summer had McLean moved. His release clause is for more than that.'

I'd 100% want us to take the £250k in the summer as he's your club' best chance of survival if Dundee were in the same position.

If he's got a release clause then they don't have that choice though.

If he's got a release clause though we don't have the option of taking it or not, sadly.

Craig beat me to it.

craigkillie, on 02 Feb 2015 - 11:57, said:

If he's got a release clause then they don't have that choice though.

Whoever negotiated his contract in the first place is an absolute moron then, particularly if it's only £300k.

On a serious note, what's the financial situation at Saints like with regard to this takeover? Are the club still debt free and stable, or have things deteriorated in recent years? Are you likely to be able to use the money to replace McLean, or will it be going straight to the bank? You're still fairly strong in midfield (by bottom three standards), but this could be a big blow in terms of staying up.

Archived