The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart Armstrong spotted in the Paisley area. Interesting. No plane ticket in sight. Done deal IMO.

Obviously house hunting in case the Celtic deal goes through. Everyone knows that Paisley is the residential area of choice for footballers playing for the Glasgow clubs. Such a refined town with a wonderful nightlife and culture.

Astonishing bit of business by any Scottish club basically outwith Celtic. When was the last time any club outwith Celtic paid that for a player. Good that the money has stayed in Scotland and really shows Aberdeen means business!

Astonishing bit of business by any Scottish club basically outwith Celtic. When was the last time any club outwith Celtic paid that for a player. Good that the money has stayed in Scotland and really shows Aberdeen means business!

Unfortunately, it's more likely to stay in our greedy fucking BoDs pockets. It certainly won't be invested back into Scottish football, not today, not in the summer. :(

Unfortunately, it's more likely to stay in our greedy fucking BoDs pockets. It certainly won't be invested back into Scottish football, not today, not in the summer. :(

Rumours about Fyvie going to Paisley. Think that would ease the pain a bit if it transpires. I would certainly have him at Firhill in a minute!

Ah well best of luck kenny - certainly can't blame him for leaving and think it's a really good move for him at this stage in his career. A real class player and hope he goes on to have a fantastic career and fulfil all that potential.

So - what's the chances of us signing someone then? Slim to feck all I would imagine :(

Rumours about Fyvie going to Paisley. Think that would ease the pain a bit if it transpires. I would certainly have him at Firhill in a minute!

Yeah, that would help. However I wouldn't be surprised if no one else came in. Sigh.

It came from a fake Sky Sports twitter mate. There's absolutely no chance of Fyvie being a St. Mirren player, IMO.

I'd be delighted to be wrong, though. Simply isn't going to happen.

He was apparently on £6000 a week at Wigan.

He won't be coming to a Scottish club on those wages.

Where will he go then? Who's going to really give him even half of that? Nobody at all. Scotland is his next move and the lower reaches of the SPFL at that.

Fyvie would be a decent signing for you

He would be mad to think he'd get anywhere near the 6k mark again in his career though. He should start again and St Mirren is a decent enough club to do that with

Archived