The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

Nah no chance for me. Every team in the bottom 6 and a few in the top 6 needs a proven goal scorer, we don't.

We couldn't play Higdon and Thompson, and neither of them will want to be back up. Non starter, and that's before I even think about what wage he will be demanding.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah no chance for me. Every team in the bottom 6 and a few in the top 6 needs a proven goal scorer, we don't.

We couldn't play Higdon and Thompson, and neither of them will want to be back up. Non starter, and that's before I even think about what wage he will be demanding.

Aye your right. Was discussing this the other day with someone, would it work if we signed him again.

We would have no pace up front at all. When would be the last time a team used 2 big guys like that up front. Celtic with Hartson and Sutton?

Long ball after long ball, the Captain would love it! We would have to re-think our philosophy for the season at least until Thompsons legs give in, which could be this season.

That being said if we have the chance to sign him we should still go for it. Think he'll command a hefty wage though.

No chance he'd come to us, surely somewhere bigger. Aberdeen have openly said they're looking for more forwards so wouldn't put it past them. Plus, I'd assume he'd go back to Motherwell before he came to us considering how well he did up there recently.

If Higdon heads back to Scotland there is no chance he goes to St.Mirren or Dundee I reckon. Aberdeen after their failed attempt to snap up Boyd I think.

Yeah, if he comes back it'll be to Aberdeen, Dundee United or Motherwell - unless one of the big teams in the Championship throw cash at him. Won't be the likes of ourselves or Dundee.

Wouldn't say no if he came back but there's no way we could play him and Thompson as a two. Someone like Lee Miller or David Clarkson might work out better - could play them in a front two and we wouldn't be quite as concerned as before about our attacking options if Thompson is injured or suspended.

We are BADLY needing 2 centre backs (1 of good quality with experience at least) a left back or a right back for cover - A right winger although i'm hoping and praying Teale get's his boots on again - 1 or even 2 very good creative midfield players and another striker and hopefully a proven one at this level like Isma, Higdon or even a Hasselbaink.

His wiki has something about him being subbed off after one minute of his Oldham debut?

He played for 64 minutes according to the two citations for that claim.

He played for 64 minutes according to the two citations for that claim.

Indeed.

He played 3 and a bit games for Oldham after recovering from an injury.

Hardly enough game time to make sound judgement on his abilities.

I think I'd go with the judgement of him by the likes of Patrick Vieira, who watch him constantly and have offered him a two year deal, as opposed to a few ignorant halfwits from Oldham.

How many games was it before Harkins had been written off again? 4 or 5 at the start of last season?

7 before he was dropped.

I think 7 games for someone that has his experience is fair enough.

It's not as if it wasnt through a lack I effort and things weren't coming off for him. He just didnt give two fucks unfortunately!

I know for a fact he will come back and haunt us (and killie), but I just don't think a (likely) bottom 6 team can afford a player like them in their team over a season

Why do you folk always get so upset when asked a question?

Has he signed yet?

Will let you know when he has signed.

Has Ryan Stevenson and Michael Higdon signed for Dundee yet? Thought they were done deals.

Archived