The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just clocked Fifespud's sig. What a disaster of a poster.

Is that actually true? That is pretty damning if true. Imagine being so riled that you not only stopped using your season ticket but actually sent it back to the club in a fit of pique, then to use his wife's ticket? Really? I suppose it answered the question of how he sealed the letter sending back the season ticket, and that would be with his salty tears to dampen the envelope glue, but it opens up so many other questions. Such as does he normally go to the games with his wife, and if so was she told she couldn't as he was using it, or did he sulk in the corner until his wife gave up and just handed it to him.

The use of "nominally my wife" is also intriguing. Is he suggesting that he looks up this person as a wife but she isn't in fact his or is it that he just calls her "my wife" rather than her given name. It's amazing how badly the Dundee fans use the English language. They just throw in words and grammar as if they know what they are doing, the analogy being like a toddler trying to fit the wrong shape in one of those multishape learning toys, putting it into place and just hoping it fits.

Finally, and an even more worrying question would be why does this Fifespud lad care about the other person's kids? He keeps on mentioning them. Is there some sort of paternity suit going on?

If this thread has cleared anything up it's that Dundee fans are absolute fucking roasters.
Honestly if you don't feed the trolls, they die. Stop getting hooked ya fannies and stick to the topic! :)
The trolls are making a monumental c**t of themselves, which is quite funny.

Why did St Mirren let Harkins go if he was just going to waltz into another rival team? Seems utter madness and bad management. They did the same with Mair. If they were to release Harkins the sensible solution would be to ensure there was a clause in his release that meant he couldn't sign for a team in the same league.

All they have done is paid Harkins to allow him to play for Dundee, and as he'll get paid there too it's like he's being paid twice. That's some reward for a player who was so bad he had to be loaned out.

Casual Bystander, on 30 Jun 2014 - 10:01, said:

Harkins to Dundee? Well he's certainly shown he can cut it in the top division by his excellent performances at Kilmarnock and St Mirren.

Casual Bystander, on 30 Jun 2014 - 10:16, said:

Why did St Mirren let Harkins go if he was just going to waltz into another rival team? Seems utter madness and bad management. They did the same with Mair. If they were to release Harkins the sensible solution would be to ensure there was a clause in his release that meant he couldn't sign for a team in the same league.

Surely it shouldn't matter, if like you said on the Dundee thread you don't believe he can cut it. That is unless, you just like to go round each team thread trying to pester each set of fans?

All they have done is paid Harkins to allow him to play for Dundee, and as he'll get paid there too it's like he's being paid twice. That's some reward for a player who was so bad he had to be loaned out.

Why would we do that? Harkins playing for another team in this league is good for us, he's that bad.

I was scared he was going to go to England, I'm delighted he's signed for Dundee.

Do u know for certain that Harkins got paid to leave?

Tbh I'm not bothered in the slightest he's off to a rival club. The guy is a fucking waster and will only handicap any team that he's in.

Mair was madness to give away, both in terms of the team he went to and the need for cover in that position. Didn't matter anyway.

I suspect Harkins would tell you to shove any clause stating he couldn't sign for another Premiership team and stay hanging around Saints. Nobody knows apart from the club and Harkins as to his deal to go was either.

Sure he'll look like Maradona when he plays us and probably score for fun, but he isn't consistently good enough at Premiership level. The goal at Ross County summed Harkins up to be honest.

Whether it's a good attribute or not, Hartley signing Harkins shows a certain arrogance after St Mirren struggling to accommodate him and McGowan in the same team. I think a lot of folk called it when Harkins moved to Paisley last summer, so it'll be interesting to see what Hartley does differently with them. As Lex has pointed out in the past, St Mirren lost five of the six games (one draw) that they started together but I suppose there has to be an argument that Lennon didn't give it much time. I suppose that's hard when you are sitting with two points at the end of September though.

Whether it's a good attribute or not, Hartley signing Harkins shows a certain arrogance after St Mirren struggling to accommodate him and McGowan in the same team. I think a lot of folk called it when Harkins moved to Paisley last summer, so it'll be interesting to see what Hartley does differently with them. As Lex has pointed out in the past, St Mirren lost five of the six games (one draw) that they started together but I suppose there has to be an argument that Lennon didn't give it much time. I suppose that's hard when you are sitting with two points at the end of September though.

Aye DL was a baw hair away from getting sacked. He had to change it up.

It is either arrogance or ignorance. We shall find out.

One thing that stands out for me with Dundee's signings is the lack of pace.

Aye DL was a baw hair away from getting sacked. He had to change it up.

It is either arrogance or ignorance. We shall find out.

One thing that stands out for me with Dundee's signings is the lack of pace.

Roberts is rapid and we already have Boyle who is quick also,McGinn is no slug either.

Archived