Partick Thistle General Chatter: 2014/15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a similar experience against the Saintees. Two muted cheers on the walk up south drive.

Asked a steward if we were two down. He said aye. Still went in. Final score 0-4 :(

The 3-3 vs Gretna was a cracker as I did stay till the end unlike of couple of my mates that left early.

I remember getting into that game about four or fives minutes after kick off and discovering the boys were two goals down. Shudder.

Welsh playing for the development team right now, first time he's played a game since 1st December last year. Not sure he's a first pick if everyone is fully fit but nice to have a bit more depth to the squad if he can get back to full fitness.

Welsh playing for the development team right now, first time he's played a game since 1st December last year. Not sure he's a first pick if everyone is fully fit but nice to have a bit more depth to the squad if he can get back to full fitness.

Great news.

Pleased to hear Welsh is getting close to recovery.

Regarding parking - I tend to get a space on Northpark Street, if you get to Firhill about 1 hour before kick-off there's almost always at least one space there. It can be a pain in the arse leaving, though.

Last time around I parked on the street at the demolition site, opposite the housing offices (not sure of the street name) - found it a bit easier to get moving than trying to turn right onto Maryhill Road, which can be a fucking nightmare between all the fans crossing the road, there being a fairly big queue of cars if you're not out of Firhill quickly enough and folk not letting you out or, worse, blocking the junction, often by forming a queue to turn right into that road when there's quite clearly a big sign saying NO RIGHT TURN.

Thought it would have made sense to sign him then loan him back to us. Surely starting for us every week is going to help his development more than sitting in the reserves.

In terms of Taylor, hopefully we won't need him as big Nate will be banging in the goals.

Think there's zero chance of Taylor coming back this season unless one of Doolan or Eccleston gets crocked, we're probably also going t have to make a call on Duggan by January.

ATS - obviously would be welcome back but would there be any point in Wigan sending him back to a level they already know he's good at? I assume he's not been near a squad apart from starting the Carling Cup game where they got beat by a lower league team?

There was also another centre-back who I'm guessing is a trialist. Looked fairly young and I've never seen him before in the Development games. The usual Dev centre-backs Lindsay and Henry were included too as well as Wilson, Keenan, Colina and McDaid.

Trialist was Belgian defender Frederic Frans. Could be signing allegedly, apparently, so I hear.

Archived