The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If Stevie  May signs for any other Scottish club other than St Johnstone me and him are finished.
I'd even go on to say I'd hope he never fully recovers. 
Not from me and him finishing I may add.

I'll be off Scottish Football for good. Every dream of the sport since i was a wee laddy shattered.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

McDermid told us that if we wanted the manager to remain open and honest, then nothing from the Black & Gold evening should appear on social media - as this is where the weegia get their stories from these days.

Never went to the black and gold meeting for this one as the last one I went to they wasn't that open about it. The first one they had they was really open about so many stuff 

Quite a few journalist get their stories on here so they might not be so open with next black and gold ha ha.

Excellent article in the Scotsman about Pittodrie - in short, don't underestimate the power of nostalgia for football fans.

I would add that the specific location of Hibs and Hearts in Leith and Gorgie respectively is more important than the Beach is for Aberdeen as a one club city though - as all of Aberdeen is arguably a 'traditional' Aberdeen-supporting area and Aberdeenshire supplies a lot of Aberdeen fans as well. Only 55% of season ticket holders live in Aberdeen City according to the planning application for the new stadium.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aidan-smith-what-s-not-to-like-about-pittodrie-1-4345109‬

Does anyone know how long it takes for loyalty points to be updated on your account?  I was on 115 when I bought my ticket for the Stranraer match on Wednesday afternoon and I just checked today and I'm still on 115.  The website said the Stranraer game was going to worth 4 points.  I'd be annoyed if for some reason points weren't be added to my account as I missed out on tickets for Ibrox recently as I didn't meet the points threshold.  

Excellent article in the Scotsman about Pittodrie - in short, don't underestimate the power of nostalgia for football fans.
I would add that the specific location of Hibs and Hearts in Leith and Gorgie respectively is more important than the Beach is for Aberdeen as a one club city though - as all of Aberdeen is arguably a 'traditional' Aberdeen-supporting area and Aberdeenshire supplies a lot of Aberdeen fans as well. Only 55% of season ticket holders live in Aberdeen City according to the planning application for the new stadium.
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aidan-smith-what-s-not-to-like-about-pittodrie-1-4345109‬

I agree on the Leith/Hibs issue. I think as Aberdeen's support is scattered across the North East and not primarily based around the area of the stadium the specific location isn't as meaningful to Aberdeen as it may some other clubs.

I think it is sad to leave Pittodrie, and the ideal would be to redevelop the stadium if that were a realistic option but it isn't and I think everyone now just wants to see a good new stadium built.

From a personal point of view, growing up a few miles outside of Aberdeen, I would have them to have played at Kingsford when I was a loon.

14 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for loyalty points to be updated on your account?  I was on 115 when I bought my ticket for the Stranraer match on Wednesday afternoon and I just checked today and I'm still on 115.  The website said the Stranraer game was going to worth 4 points.  I'd be annoyed if for some reason points weren't be added to my account as I missed out on tickets for Ibrox recently as I didn't meet the points threshold.  

I've had to chase them up in the past to update my points total. 

I think the points have to be updated manually at the ticket office terminal rather automatically with each purchase...

Edited by Milnzo

1 hour ago, Milnzo said:

I've had to chase them up in the past to update my points total. 

I think the points have to be updated manually at the ticket office terminal rather automatically with each purchase...

Cheers, I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what the deal is.  I buy all my tickets online so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm missing a number of points from the European, League Cup and couple of away games I've been to this season now.  A bit of a joke if that is the case as there is nothing to indicate that the process is manual in any shape or form.

We could benefit from Celtic's recent tendency to loan players to teams in competition with Rangers, a la Stokes and Henderson to Hibs. Both GMS and Christie are good players, you're looking at who we lose, if Hayes goes, GMS is the better option but if we fail to retain Maddison then Christie is ideal.