The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just popped by to have a wee gander on anything about Cammy Smith as we allegedly are interested in him. But noticed the comments on McLean. Teale moved McLean from a defensive/middle midfielder to someone playing far further forward just behind the main striker and for those few months McLean was playing the best football of his career activating his transfer. For me that is by far McLean's best position if you want the best out of him. He is wasted playing deep in my opinion.

Don't really know where I stand on Christie coming on loan.

If it is with view of signing him next season then I'm all for that but if it is not the I don't like the idea of helping Celtic develop a player to play in their first team next season when we could be one of the teams that challenge them in the league next season. Also we can't play him against Celtic so another negative for me especially if we get them in the Scottish cup. I'm really not a fan of the loan short-term system as we had more failures than successes under McInnes.

I think with Hearts problems at the moment we should really finish 3rd in the league so that means we qualify for european football again so is this signing necessary that it could hinder the kids like Wright and Ross coming through? 

Maybe Kenny McLean needs to be pushed as he was dreadful at the start of the season but since the start of November his form has been fantastic and had kept Maddison out of the team while going on a great run of games - so maybe this signing is to keep him on his toes. 

Anyway now Christie has signed up lets hope he produces the form he had when he went on loan to Caley especially against us when that day he was outstanding with him and Storey (who!) scored against us in 2-1 win for Inverness CT. 

24 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Just popped by to have a wee gander on anything about Cammy Smith as we allegedly are interested in him. But noticed the comments on McLean. Teale moved McLean from a defensive/middle midfielder to someone playing far further forward just behind the main striker and for those few months McLean was playing the best football of his career activating his transfer. For me that is by far McLean's best position if you want the best out of him. He is wasted playing deep in my opinion.

I think every Aberdeen fan would agree with you on that.

Have you signed Cammy Smith on loan as his previous loan wasn't working at Dundee Utd.

How well did Storie play against Dundee? 

Just now, Milners said:

I think every Aberdeen fan would agree with you on that.

Have you signed Cammy Smith on loan as his previous loan wasn't working at Dundee Utd.

How well did Storie play against Dundee? 

Was working so did not make it to Dundee but apparently was a standout for us. We have severely lacked a defensive midfielder since Goody left and apparently Storie did a fine job allowing our young attacking midfielders more space to roam forward.

Allegedly signing Smith today as cover wide right for McAllister who is being sold to Derby (but other clubs may also bid before he signs on the dotted line).

1 hour ago, Milners said:

I think with Hearts problems at the moment we should really finish 3rd in the league so that means we qualify for european football again so is this signing necessary that it could hinder the kids like Wright and Ross coming through? 

If it means we finish above the sevconian filth, then yes 

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Was working so did not make it to Dundee but apparently was a standout for us. We have severely lacked a defensive midfielder since Goody left and apparently Storie did a fine job allowing our young attacking midfielders more space to roam forward.

Allegedly signing Smith today as cover wide right for McAllister who is being sold to Derby (but other clubs may also bid before he signs on the dotted line).

I think Smith position is just in behind the striker although can play out wide as well. Can't see Smith making the grade at Aberdeen and expect him to be released at end of season so maybe a good chance for you to look at him and him to look at your club. Anyway what a wonder goal this is from him:

8 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

In regards to Christie, would people rather he went to another Premiership team and helped them take points off us? 

I can't see him going to Rangers or Hearts on loan so it would be a club that is not a threat to us in the league so a possibility of taking points off teams around us. 

I think Aberdeen priority is the Scottish cup and if we have to face Celtic then we will be weaker. 

Edited by Milners