The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If Wright is so good then surely the board would trust him with a decent budget.

It's not a case of trust, it's a case of only spending the money we have.

Carlisle fans seem completely split on the subject, some distraught at the thought, some happy enough for him to go

I'd never heard of him until 10 minutes ago 

Carlisle fans seem completely split on the subject, some distraught at the thought, some happy enough for him to go
I'd never heard of him until 10 minutes ago 

Obv nothing to do with managerial ability but...

DM is such a great communicator. Brilliant with the media and very inspirational to the supporters. Not been anyone like him in years. One of the reasons I love the guy. It's obvious to see the players must have felt the same way.

Keith Curle comes across as a dumb, illiterate, run of the mill, cliche ridden idiot. He has been in difficulty at Carlisle until this season. His man management skills have been very poor. Some of his comments about players to the press have been unacceptable.

For god sake he got sacked from Notts Co after only a few months if I recall correctly.

Fingers crossed this is shite.

Stewart Milne and Derek Adams sharing a bottle of red wine over some curry at Shri Bheema's tonight. Impeccable source. 

Edit: Just remembered that Adams is tee-total and, as a result, this is unlikely to be printed in the Daily Record. Should have thought that one through. 

Edited by DrewDon

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't see what their underachievement has to do with anything? Worth noting Lomas apparently had a larger budget than Wright had last season.

You virtually jizz yourself with excitement whenever I post in a Dundee thread, telling me how obsessed I am with Dundee (have you not claimed multiple times to have me on ignore as well?). Yet you're in an Aberdeen thread, in a conversation about the St Johnstone manager, scanning my posts for grammatical errors?

Very interesting.

What the budget aspect has to do with it, is the number of people implying that the only reason that McInnes has managed to get Aberdeen to second place finishes and cup finals is because of his budget and nothing to do with his ability as a manager. If that was the case, why were Brown, McGhee, Calderwood etc, not able to do the same thing. It's because McInnes is an excellent manager. 

Obv nothing to do with managerial ability but...

DM is such a great communicator. Brilliant with the media and very inspirational to the supporters. Not been anyone like him in years. One of the reasons I love the guy. It's obvious to see the players must have felt the same way.

Keith Curle comes across as a dumb, illiterate, run of the mill, cliche ridden idiot. He has been in difficulty at Carlisle until this season. His man management skills have been very poor. Some of his comments about players to the press have been unacceptable.

For god sake he got sacked from Notts Co after only a few months if I recall correctly.

Fingers crossed this is shite.

There seems no logical reason for Milne and the board to look at Keith Curle - both in terms of his record, our previous appointments and our likely fresh investment.

It better be shite.

3 hours ago, anotherchance said:

If McInnes provides an opinion as to his successor (as is the done thing for some reason) then he'll probably recommend Archibald or McIntyre since he's pally with them.

I think any chairman worth his salt would politely listen and then go back to identifying the best candidate for the job.

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

Seems the Journo who's Twitter I linked up has started the rumour. Who knows if any truth, certainly a random one!

Local media here report Club have no comment to make, and don't believe any approach has been made to date.

The bloke splits our support. Some love him, some are unsure and some can't stand him. 

Comes as a unit with his backroom team, Lee Dykes, Colin West and Simon Tracey. They're thick as thieves. 

Can't see it happening, but the way Carlisle United operate you just never know.

I don't get the snobbishness that's coming from some Aberdeen fans about Wright.

It's not as though McInnes in the early years had us playing like 1982 Brazil.

Don't get me wrong, I love McInnes and will forever be grateful for what he's done for Aberdeen.  I saw us through the glory years, but probably the most emotional I have ever been at a game was BEFORE THE KICK-OFF at ParkRed!  At the age of 46 I almost blubbed, I was just so happy!  

I think many Aberdeen fans have forgotten that for large parts of his tenure, he too has been ahem 'conservative' and shored up rather than going for the kill.  It's only really been this season that the shackles have been taken off (but even then there have been occasions where we've gone conservative (Hibs semi-final was almost a fvcktastrophe after the introduction of O'Conner and IMHO this was replicated in the substitution of a McGinn for O'Conner in the final).

I see Wright and McInnes as very similar managers with a similar philosophy about what is required to win matches.  Yes, Wright's teams have been stuffy against Aberdeen, but when they've put 3 to 5 past us I've found it hard to console myself with the thought 'we sometimes play better football than them'.

I'd love to keep McInnes, but if it's Wright then he gets my backing and I'll consider ourselves lucky to have him.

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep