The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Fyvie would be a half decent back up midfielder imo.

Agree with this.

McInnes would hopefully get the best out of him but if Fyvie doesn't respond then the gaffer will Gregg Wylde him.

I expect if he signs before Maloney and/or May then it'll go down like a lead balloon.

Taylor, for all his many flaws, is definitely good enough for a team that finished 16th in League One last season. 

Fyvie rumour appears to have originated on Chat, so I wouldn't be reading too much into it. Hopefully it's just unsubstantiated forum talk - we have Shinnie, Tansey, O'Connor and McLean all capable of playing in his position, and Fyvie is not as good as any of them - I don't rate him at all, but I know some people do. Even as a last resort, I'd probably still be against it. I doubt any of our supporters would even be talking about him if he hadn't started his career with us. 

Fyvie is garbage. We should avoid like the plague. He's a nothing midfielder, like Gary McDonald.

Taylor will be fine down there. He's a very good clogger, and that league is full of them. Diamond did alright down there and he's twice the player he was.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'll remember him fondly. Always gave his best.

1 hour ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Heard that Fyvie has been offered a deal by United, but he's put the United deal on hold as he's holding out for a offer from Aberdeen.

So basically the same as what he did with Hibs deal, and that didn't end well for him.

Sounds like he's being poorly advised tbh

Wouldn't mind Fyvie as a back up but it's not the type of signing fans are hoping for before the European games 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can see Europe coming too early for us this season in terms of recruitment.

Not confident at all unfortunately.

I feel the same way.

We will really need to win by a few clear goals in the first leg next week. 

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Taylor, for all his many flaws, is definitely good enough for a team that finished 16th in League One last season. 

Fyvie rumour appears to have originated on Chat, so I wouldn't be reading too much into it. Hopefully it's just unsubstantiated forum talk - we have Shinnie, Tansey, O'Connor and McLean all capable of playing in his position, and Fyvie is not as good as any of them - I don't rate him at all, but I know some people do. Even as a last resort, I'd probably still be against it. I doubt any of our supporters would even be talking about him if he hadn't started his career with us. 

I think the Fyvie rumour has been made-up as a joke but if not then I wouldn't want him back at the club. First the way he walked out of the club after the amount of time we did training him up to be the player he was then he left chasing the pound sign. Every youth player that has done that with us resulted in their career going downhill. I also think he isn't the same player since the Alloa injury and I didn't rate him at Hibs and think this would be a backwards step for our club. 

Edited by Milners

1 hour ago, Reidzer 1314 said:

I feel the same way.

We will really need to win by a few clear goals in the first leg next week. 

I don't think we need to win by 2 clear goals - we have got through with 0-0 against FC Groningen and Dnipro. I think the most impotant thing to do next Thursday is don't concede a goal.

Fyvie? No thanks. Not the player we need to improve the squad. At all.

Similar concerns that the Europa League games are coming too soon for us this year.

Not sure what to expect with either Ordabasy or Siroki Brijeg but you do feel we need a couple of goals head start, particularly if it ends up being Kazakhstan.

It shows just how gash we were in those days that a centre half who strolled around our midfield for nine months is considered a cult hero. But here we are! I love the guy and would welcome him back. An experienced international, and someone who would bring that composure to our defence that we never had with big Ash. A partnership of Arnason and Reynolds is something I could see being very effective.