The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

27 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

He's a great player Moult, but I'd maybe feel he's too similar to Rooney to be spending cash on. Seeing as Rooney is likely to be sticking around, if we were to replace him with Moult in game, or vice versa, it wouldn't be a plan b, it would be "doing plan a better".

But frankly I care very little about finances so long as it all balances out, so if Derek wants him then I wouldn't complain too hard if he did come.

What sort of fee do you reckon he'd go for? Less than 400k?

It depends really. He's going into the last year of his contract so we don't have a huge amount of leverage. We've offered him a new deal that we seemed hopeful he'd sign, though the reality is he'd be doing us a favour in protecting his value by extending. It really depends on how many clubs are interested and who they are.

I think we're probably holding out for £500k-£600k. I've said it before but I'd be very surprised if we sold to another team in Scotland (same goes for the Cadden to Hearts story). If you look at the majority of our transfer business it's all cross-border. Based on the way we seem to do business there's far more chance of him going to Championship/League 1 in England than us selling to Aberdeen tbh.

Theres been a fair bit of chatter that Ben Heneghan is of interest to Hull, Sheffield Utd or Burnley depending on which clickbait link you look at. However it's quite telling that we've offered Moult & McHugh new deals but not Heneghan. It gives the impression he's the one we're anticipating selling rather than Moult.

Another point about Moult is that he's behind everyone else at the moment as he had another operation at the start of the season. So far he's not featured in any of our friendlies but has been training.

Long story short £500k+ and he's probably gone. Less than £300k and providing we move on Heneghan then I'd say there's a fair chance we'd just keep Moult and his goals and say thanks for his service at the end of the season. He only cost us £30k so we've had more than our monies worth tbh.

Edit to add: £300k+ then if you were to chuck in a player then there may be a conversation to be had. Though again, I'd think we'd fancy our chances of getting closer to the money we want from an English side.

Edited by capt_oats

If we are pulling a rabbit out of the hat today would think its probably another loan deal. Too much work goes into a permanent signing these days to keep it under wraps for the whole process

Panic on the streets of Aberdeen!

Hopefully we will sign 1 or 2 players today before the Europa League deadline, really concerned now for our European tie with the squad looking really thin. With Shinnie/Wright not playing last night friendly we will have nothing on the bench - hopefully both fit for Thursday game. If we don't sign anyone then one more injury and we will have to play a kid that has no experience of first team fitba apart from a few of them having a handful of appearances - not ideal.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Going live to pitchside at Pittodrie for a surprise new appearance

Hide contents

SPL?  Silly old c**t.

He looked a great player when he was at Bristol. Earned a couple of big money moves to West Ham and Cardiff. He's hardly hit the net since leaving Bristol though. Certainly a different type of striker to Rooney and quite similar to May in how they play I'd say...

1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

Ugh doesn't really inspire much hope. Nothing really that impressive since 2012. Bit of a hit and hope signing it looks like. 

wiki.png

To be fair, Del and Doc will know him well from his spell at Bristol, where they worked together for a while.

Ugh doesn't really inspire much hope. Nothing really that impressive since 2012. Bit of a hit and hope signing it looks like. 
wiki.png.266d5717e872e94ce1359bbae15bbb3f.png

Glad you posted that. Was about to ask who he was. Maybe my knowledge is just shite but if not recognise him if he walked in here the now

Just now, jim999 said:

Glad you posted that. Was about to ask who he was. Maybe my knowledge is just shite but if not recognise him if he walked in here the now

I recognised the name. English Championship jobber striker was my recollection. Seems I was totally right.