The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

how much is the asking price for Moult?

Given his circumstances and the general stance the club seem to be taking as @thisGRAEME says I'd think £500k would definitely start a conversation.

As I said in my post earlier this morning I'd be surprised if he ended up going to another club in Scotland. Practically all our transfer business out these days is cross-border and our entire model in recruitment is based on selling players the idea that we'll give them a platform to come up here and play then sell them back down south to a more monied league.

It's obvious what happened here. 

Derek McInnes has been planning to sign Stevie May. He said to his assistant, forgetting the long haired striker's first name for a brief moment:

"Go and get me Nicky May" and then stroked on his salt n pepper beard. The problem here is that whenever he strokes aforementioned facial hair, he lets out a little "nyar" noise. 

That's my theory. 

Really think he will be a decent signing for Aberdeen, West Ham signed him from Bristol City (when McInnes was in charge) to help on the promotion push. 

Thought he was a very good little player, a lot of pace and worked like f**k. Scored two absolute beauties for us as well. Unfortunately found himself behind Carlton Cole and Vaz Te who were bang in form.

Took a bad injury in the pre-season before the return to Premiership, and then broke his leg. 

Allardyce commented on numerous occasions that he thought he had the potential to crack the Premiership, only the timing of his injuries stopping him get a chance. 

I'm feeling fairly positive about Maynard, someone McInnes knows and that gives me confidence. I know I'm in a small minority here but I thought May was a risk when we were linked with him so I'm not too displeased with that one seemingly being dead.

Oh come on we have got to give the guy a chance, and if he turns out mince it's only for one season .

If he turns out to be a hit it's only for one season.

Knew DM would sign a player i would have to google.

Same could be said about Rooney. 
Church put himself about a bit, and he did alright. A 6/10 signing IMO.

I liked him.

But to be honest I always watched him thinking 'this guys shit'. And then he'd pop up with another goal and all was rosy.

I hope Maynard is more than that. In terms of striking options I don't think we need just another Rooney.

Saying that, I am totally oblivious to his abilities.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I liked him.

But to be honest I always watched him thinking 'this guys shit'. And then he'd pop up with another goal and all was rosy.

I hope Maynard is more than that. In terms of striking options I don't think we need just another Rooney.

Saying that, I am totally oblivious to his abilities.

There's a very nice compilation doing the rounds of him banging in screamers for Bristol City. Its about 7 years old but its nice to dream eh. In particular a worldie v QPR where he does a few keepie uppies on the edge of the box and bangs it in with a bicycle. 

1 hour ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Mate of mine just saw Chris Maguire at the airport

This is likely to be unrelated to any signing activity IMO 

he's got a bairn in aberdeen. he is without a club though