The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Nicky Maynard was a pretty good player at Bristol City. Looked the next big thing but injuries seem to have curtailed him.

Hopefully with service from Stewart, Christie, McLean and Tansey he can fire in the goals again. He's capable of it for sure.

With Rooney certain to be here, Stockley likely to be here and with us bidding for Moult, I think Maynard will primarily be used as a squad player. He will hopefully do what Storey generally couldn't: stretch games for us when defences are tiring and offer an additional goal threat when we're chasing a game. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the signing given his recent history, but happy to give him an opportunity and hope he can tap into some of his earlier career form. 

Edited by DrewDon

DA723BOXcAAwHDi.jpg

DA8Ei6ZXsAAnrdY.jpg

Moult offers more of a goalscoring threat than Rooney based on last season's statistics: Moult had 13 non-penalty-goals last season compared to Rooney's nine, despite Rooney featuring in all 38 Premiership matches (25 v 22 in Moult's favour over the past two seasons). If I'm understanding the radars properly, both are contributing relatively well to good opportunities for teammates. I would expect Moult's return to increase if accompanied by superior players and being provided with more chances. There is undoubtedly a role for Rooney in our squad, but most of the indications are that Moult would currently represent an upgrade as a first XI pick. He also only turned 25 in May, so should have his best years ahead of him yet. 

If we are after Moult, I'd probably move on Stockley, unfortunately ref's are all clued into him and any aerial challenge now seems to end up with him getting a yellow, intentional or not.

I'd keep Story and see how he goes in the Europa league before deciding on his fate at the club,

I'd keep Story and see how he goes in the Europa league before deciding on his fate at the club.

Mon tae f**k, don't be like that ....lol

I think there is a player/goalscorer in there, but he needs to leave Aberdeen to do so.

I'm not for one minute slagging Aberdeen off, I just don't think he will be given a long enough run to build his confidence and get match sharp to be effective with you guys, given the strength you have/will have in your squad.

If you sign another proven striker or two the best he can hope for is a bit part coming off the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I very much hope Moult doesn't go to Aberdeen, but if he did he would score a barrel load.

With the quality of players behind him at Aberdeen, he'd get 20+ im as season easily. He's scored 18 for 'Well in each of his two seasons and they've been in pretty poor sides.

But aye, I really hope he doesn't leave for another Scottish side.

I'd take Moult over May.

May comes with serious injury baggage but probably feels like a known quantity to our management team.

I am inclined to agree with jmothecat2 though. Moults scoring stats at a glance over the last 4 years (2 in Scotland) look just as impressive as Mays time in our top league. How do they compare outside the penalty box? I can't say I can recall.