The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The closer it gets, the less I want this application to be accepted. The stadium looks nice and the facilities are a huge upgrade but the transport plan is still a huge worry. 103 buses needed for the vast majority of home games is mental. Based on the quoted fee in the planning application, that's £50,000 per match on home games, who's going to pay for that? If the club foot the bill then that's approximately £1mil per season spent on buses. Would thousands of supporters be willing to spend £5+ on top of their ticket price to sit on a bus for 30 mins+ to and from each home game?

The main reason people have got on board with this is because Milne has neglected Pittodrie and the training facilities situation over a period of 20 years to the extent where moving the stadium 6 miles out of town seem like an appealing option.

That being said, the No Kingsford group can go f*ck themselves.

I hope the cooncil call his bluff, just to see him crying again.

"Aberdeen FC chairman Stewart Milne has warned the club faces playing European games in Glasgow or Edinburgh in future.

He was talking at a campaign launch to support a new stadium to replace Pittodrie, which he said will soon not meet the criteria to host Uefa games"

"Aberdeen FC chairman Stewart Milne has warned the club faces playing European games in Glasgow or Edinburgh in future.

He was talking at a campaign launch to support a new stadium to replace Pittodrie, which he said will soon not meet the criteria to host Uefa games"

See him crying?

Has someone cupped their ears at him? Maybe he'll get reported to the police.

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Could always use Tannadice or Dens, they're always free around that time of year.

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Seen the No to Kingsford folk were suggesting the Kings Links was an option. Anyone ken if that's been looked at / why we might not go there? Is it purely cash?

I read somewhere that it was looked at and the ground isn't suitable for building on.

I love how it all looks, but Westhill is fuckin miles away. It's also soulless and tediously bourgeois. I love the shininess of the stadium, the size of it and even the buses (I used a shuttlebus to go to a game in Lucerne and it was quality), but I don't understand why Pittodrie can't be renovated to look like that, with the training complex situated among the Waitrose classes. Pittodrie really is an awful stadium, but it has a perfect location in the heart of the city.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

I love how it all looks, but Westhill is fuckin miles away. It's also soulless and tediously bourgeois. I love the shininess of the stadium, the size of it and even the buses (I used a shuttlebus to go to a game in Lucerne and it was quality), but I don't understand why Pittodrie can't be renovated to look like that, with the training complex situated among the Waitrose classes. Pittodrie really is an awful stadium, but it has a perfect location in the heart of the city.

The line we're peddled is there's nae room at Pittodrie. Its a line that I agree with, if we're limited to that off-the-shelf stadium design, but a more expensive and innovative design could surely be used to squeeze 20k fans into the area. Make it dead tall and steep folk would love that. 

The key word above, however is expensive

6 hours ago, velo army said:

Pittodrie is only considered a good location because that's where it's always been. If you were to pick a spot in the city for a stadium it would be well down the list. 

Westhill miles away? Nonsense. Easy to get to and a short distance. The roads out there are good. Why worry if it is soulless if you are at a football match?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1764989853515918&id=100000147610989

Dels speech from yesterday.

38 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Am I allowed to say that I'm #NoKingsford on here? 

I was banned from the last forum I posted on for holding these views. 

No. Mods please.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Panning aside, the arse must have fallen out the price of land a bit in Aberdeen a bit, Im wondering if there might be more plots now that financially viable. 

It's not the price of land, it's the actual land itself. There's very little to choose from in the city centre and even just outside it. 

I'm not in support of this new stadium at all.

Yes Aberdeen need a new stadium but these plans are just sugar coated shite.

1. It's miles away from the city centre. Football stadiums should be at the heart of a city. Who the f**k wants to get a 30 min bus to and from the ground instead of just rolling out the boozer and making a 15 minute walk? Everyone knows the best stadiums are in town rather than next to a bypass. I feel sorry for places like the Pittodrie Bar who will suffer after the move. For away fans, football is all about visiting towns and cities, going to the pubs, maybe pop into a shop and meeting the locals. If this stadium gets the go ahead what will happen is people will just get a bus straight out of Aberdeen after arriving to the ground and lose out on sampling the local delights. Even worse, supporters buses won't even go to the city at all and just go straight to Kingswell.

2. The actual design is shite. It's a generic bowl stadium that wouldn't look out of place in the middle of England. Really poorly thought out design - no character what so ever. A cheap option. I cannot believe some Aberdeen fans are getting a wee chub over the plans. Open your eyes ffs, it's terrible.

I reckon the first few games at the new stadium would be sell outs but after the appeal has worn off Aberdeen will struggle to break 12,000. They are already struggling to get bums on seats and this is the best Aberdeen squad in years.

And isn't it true that Milne is getting some sort of deal out of this because of his housing company? Like he owns the land of something? The whole idea stinks IMO and Aberdeen FC could do far, far better.