The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Didn't look interested at all when he was warming up pre match yesterday with Reynolds and GMS. Def in a mood.

Can't blame him given the shambles our back four has been the last two Saturdays. Something not right between him and McInnes but what that is I have no idea.

I would probably give O'Connor and Considine a run at centre-back (provided we don't miss Shinnie's influence too much in midfield, which I fear we might), but we could maybe do with one more defensive addition. I didn't actually think they did too badly together yesterday - first two goals they couldn't really do anything about, maybe question marks over the organisation at the third; outwith that, Thistle didn't ask too many questions of them. 

Maybe I'm being too relaxed about it, but I think that defence would be fine with a run of games together. It's still very early in the season, after all. 

I agree with others that Arnason won't get up to speed if he isn't given game-time, but I think McInnes has done enough to earn our trust in his judgment of players by now - if he isn't playing, it's likely because McInnes isn't seeing enough in training to suggest that he is a better option than the other three at the moment. 

I would probably give O'Connor and Considine a run at centre-back (provided we don't miss Shinnie's influence too much in midfield, which I fear we might), but we could maybe do with one more defensive addition. I didn't actually think they did too badly together yesterday - first two goals they couldn't really do anything about, maybe question marks over the organisation at the third; outwith that, Thistle didn't ask too many questions of them. 
Maybe I'm being too relaxed about it, but I think that defence would be fine with a run of games together. It's still very early in the season, after all. 
I agree with others that Arnason won't get up to speed if he isn't given game-time, but I think McInnes has done enough to earn our trust in his judgment of players by now - if he isn't playing, it's likely because McInnes isn't seeing enough in training to suggest that he is a better option than the other three at the moment. 

I think we would miss Shinnie too much in midfield. However perhaps it would be a chance to give Daniel Harvie a run at left back particularly with an experienced Considine beside him.

Didn't look interested at all when he was warming up pre match yesterday with Reynolds and GMS. Def in a mood.

Been annoyed he's hardly featured. He has to be our best centre back and if he's not fit then what's he been doing the last month?

Hope to see him soon, he's a class player and we are in dire need of a calming and commanding figure at the back. He fits that bill perfectly.

29 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I think we would miss Shinnie too much in midfield. However perhaps it would be a chance to give Daniel Harvie a run at left back particularly with an experienced Considine beside him.

I agree that Shinnie would be missed in midfield, especially against the 'better teams'; on the other hand, Considine's limitations at left-back are usually most evident when playing against stronger opposition. McInnes seems to rate Harvie highly, so hopefully he will get some opportunities to make an impression this season. 

If we are going to have Shinnie, Tansey and McLean all starting in the 4-2-3-1, that requires either Shinnie at full-back or McLean in the number 10 (and Christie being pushed wide, where he is much less effective). Perhaps a couple of tricky selection decisions coming up for McInnes after the break. 

McInnes likes a right and left footed centre half pairing, I think AOC has actually done better than expected so far which may explain it?

Saying that, I'd have liked Arnason in the middle of the park to shore things up a bit when we went 4-3 up. Tansey seems like too much of a box to box type and we lack control in there.

12 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Can't blame him given the shambles our back four has been the last two Saturdays. Something not right between him and McInnes but what that is I have no idea.

The one thing our manager won't stand for is players that don't train to the levels he expects as we know with other players he never played them if they had a bad attitude. He was so bad against Hamilton and hasn't been seen since - not sure if he is called up for Iceland squad but if not then I hope the manager plays him in the Under 20s against Inverness to give him game time.

I think one of the problems we have at the moment is we are missing a defensive midfield player like Jack to protecting the defence.  

Edited by betting competition

The one thing our manager won't stand for is players that don't train to the levels he expects as we know with other players he never played them if they had a bad attitude. He was so bad against Hamilton and hasn't been seen since - not sure if he is called up for Iceland squad but if not then I hope the manager plays him in the Under 20s against Inverness to give him game time.
I think one of the problems we have at the moment is we are missing a defensive midfield player like Jack to protecting the defence.  

You wrote my post for me. Spot on sir

You've got 2 weeks to come up with a song for this. Get to work.

Springsteen's The River perhaps?

'I come from up near Dounreay....'

When all is said and done I hope the poor bugger hasn't tried to top himself. That would be very bad shit indeed.