The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I'd also add that 'please the fans' is not my words and as ive got no idea who the main target is (of course main target this week.... in reality target number 20 odd) I cant verify that it would be how I would describe the signing.

the guy has played at high level so if we end up with someone from L1,L2 or conference then weve missed out on who we had in mind

Mcinnes' comments at his press conference don't make it sound like a striker will be in before Dundee.

Derek - A striker has been our main priority for some time and remains so, there’s still a couple of weeks of the window to go.

I noticed that McInnes said in his press conference that we have had offers made "abroad" that have been rejected. If so, hopefully a sign that the penny has dropped and that we are no longer essentially confining ourselves to the hugely inflated, low-value English market. 

9 hours ago, d31 said:

we are still expecting to get the striker who Richard Gordon referred to as a signing that would please the fans during the Burnley commentry

Fingers crossed for this week.....

That is not what Richard Gordon said.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That is not what Richard Gordon said.

Was it not something along lines of there might be a striker signing tomorrow that would cheer up the fans?

On the Sunday he said we'd missed out on a striker late on Friday with a bid rejected.

Moot point now as it doesn't look like we have anyone imminent. Start to get feeling we are hanging in for Moult

Bed wetters, bed wetters bed wetters bed wetters bed wettersbed wetters bed wettersbed wetters bed wettersbed wetters bed wettersbed wetters bed wettersbed wetters bed wettersbed wetters bed wetters

Is this favourite and annoying saying just for us or do other teams fans use it to?

Was it not something along lines of there might be a striker signing tomorrow that would cheer up the fans?
On the Sunday he said we'd missed out on a striker late on Friday with a bid rejected.

Moot point now as it doesn't look like we have anyone imminent. Start to get feeling we are hanging in for Moult

Never thought Moult was that great. Ok, but not great.

On 09/08/2018 at 23:55, RussellAnderson said:

Oi d31 can you just grow a pair and let us know this rumour?! I'd like to make a snap early judgement before pen's been put to paper.

hoping it might be the story in the Sun tomorrow

Dons and Hibs battling it out for Zach Clough.
Hopefully not our main striker target as he doesnt fit the bill to start 35 matches this season which is what we need

Played under Lennon before. Somewhat impressed by Hibs signings, feels like they have managed to get in players I would have liked to see at the Dons. Not sure what it is they are doing right that we perhaps aren't this summer. Or maybe I'm getting carried away with all the 'bed wetter' stuff.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Played under Lennon before. Somewhat impressed by Hibs signings, feels like they have managed to get in players I would have liked to see at the Dons. Not sure what it is they are doing right that we perhaps aren't this summer. Or maybe I'm getting carried away with all the 'bed wetter' stuff.

Hibs, on paper, look to have recruited well. They have lost McGinn and McGeough (and Allan) though so there's no guarantee that the players they've brought in will be as effective. 

I did post a couple of weeks ago that I thought we had a stronger squad overall, but the injuries of the last couple of weeks and the loss of Rooney has made me re-think that. We started off the summer well with bringing in Ferguson, Forrester Gleeson etc but then we've hit a brick wall. 

At this moment in time we're behind both the OF and Hearts and Hibs in terms of strength. 

Hibs, on paper, look to have recruited well. They have lost McGinn and McGeough (and Allan) though so there's no guarantee that the players they've brought in will be as effective. 
I did post a couple of weeks ago that I thought we had a stronger squad overall, but the injuries of the last couple of weeks and the loss of Rooney has made me re-think that. We started off the summer well with bringing in Ferguson, Forrester Gleeson etc but then we've hit a brick wall. 
At this moment in time we're behind both the OF and Hearts and Hibs in terms of strength. 

There's something to be said for the hype machine that Hibs can sometimes be. Any good player they've got is world class, any signing they are in for is automatically incredible etc.