The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rubbish.

That’s your opinion. 

In mine signing a player who was released from from a team who finished in 15th in the English 4th division who made numerous mistakes  in his last stint with us is a massive step backwards.

That’s your opinion. 
In mine signing a player who was released from from a team who finished in 15th in the English 4th division who made numerous mistakes  in his last stint with us is a massive step backwards.

If he plays like he did in his last game for us then I'll be happy.
Nae the worst signing McInnes has made

Guest Bob Mahelp

There is an argument to be made that Taylor was part of the best side we've had under Mcinnes.....that of 2014/15 and 2015/16.

I'm not necessarily making that argument, I'm just floating it out there.

That’s your opinion. 

That’s a different argument to bombscare every time he played well.

I’ve no idea how he’s progressed/regressed since leaving but if Taylor from last time he was with us returns then he’s an absolutely fine squad player and decent signing who can contribute goals too.

That’s your opinion. 

Not sure what happened last season.

In 2018 he won POTY and Players POTY.
Fans raved about him.

We know what we’re getting. If it’s to boost the squad and replace Reynolds I’m very happy. If it’s a replacement for McKenna...time to worry.

FFS he's signed and i can't contain my disappointment.Sorry just being honest, he was a bomb scare back then that couldn't weight a pass if his life depended on it.I am not looking forward to seeing same mince again.Oh no hard feelings Min grudging welcome back gASH.grrr

Guest Bob Mahelp

Ooooh oh oh

His name is Ashton Taylor

Ooooh oh oh

He's a Dons defender

Ooooh oh oh

Never gives the ball away

Hoof hoof hoof

Ooooh oh oh

One of the least inspiring signings that McInnes has and could have made.  He was a bombscare in his first spell, made several mistakes that cost us goals and clearly unsettled the team when he played.

He left us thinking he was a level above us and went on to be relegated from League One then nearly getting relegated from League two before having his contract cancelled due to form and attitude. 88% of surveyed Northampton fans said it was the right decision to terminate his contract. This post on a Northampton forum speaks volumes.

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=18417.0

The deal was finished a couple weeks back and they've obviously tried to lessen the blowback by announcing Hedges on the same day, but if this is the level of ambition we're going to show then we'd be as well call it a day.  Really hope it doesn't have an affect on season ticket sales, there is a £600k difference between finishing second and fourth so we can't really afford to lose any fans. If McInnes doesn't get a few more bodies in before the Europa qualifiers, he/we could be in serious trouble before the season even starts. 

It is correct to say that Taylor was a regular in probably the best team(s) we have had under McInnes, but not without acknowledging the degree of protection offered to the defence by the midfield and the set-up at that time - Jack was especially important in this, also often removing ball-playing pressure away from the centre-backs. I suspect if Taylor had been in our team last season, with Jack (and McLean, although to a lesser extent) gone and that protection significantly eroded, he would have really struggled. 

He's not as good as McKenna or Considine, and not as good as pre-injury Devlin. If he is just used as squad cover, it might not be too bad a signing in the grand scheme of things, even if it is very lazy; if he is used as a regular, and especially if McKenna goes, I fear it will. 

Reaction   from most fans i ken seem to think Taylor  is decent back up and will be than capable stepping in if we get injury . i agree.

his last season with us   was his best apart fae his comical Pirlo attempt  passes and  his amazing cross field bullets.

Cup final he had a  great game  .  If  Fraser get sold then i think Mckenna is def staying   another year which is massive,   the Taylor signing is  only a downer if its to replace Mckenna.

Same guy told me Hedges was signing has said we  have more less agreed deal with quality midfileder .  so like last time we wait and see.  middle of the park is where we need 

the strong  signings..  so far  im  well  happy with  the  players extending contracts and the signings so far .   5   weeks  on thursday  first european game so expect some deals before then . season ticket  renewed bring it on.

Read on the Dundee forum that you lot are willing to let Scott Wright go for nothing, but would insist on a massive sell on %. I'd happily accept that. Do you guys think that's something that's a possibility?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Read on the Dundee forum that you lot are willing to let Scott Wright go for nothing, but would insist on a massive sell on %. I'd happily accept that. Do you guys think that's something that's a possibility?

Wouldn't rule it out, I think we're almost decided he's not going to make it with us.

However, it depends on how the transfer window plays out, particularly in the next few weeks he may be required for the European games if we can't get bodies in.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cant see us letting him go for nothing  but could be good chance  a  loan for a season  would be the deal that could happen.

Regards Wright how was his performances ?   if there was something in this maybe GMS  is staying ..  or we have an attacking midfielder ready come in.

with Frank and Ethan Ross  stepping up then maybe Wright is on his way .. still got couple years on contract i think

1 minute ago, logie skid boys said:

Cant see us letting him go for nothing  but could be good chance  a  loan for a season  would be the deal that could happen.

Regards Wright how was his performances ?   if there was something in this maybe GMS  is staying ..  or we have an attacking midfielder ready come in.

with Frank and Ethan Ross  stepping up then maybe Wright is on his way .. still got couple years on contract i think

He can be very, very good. Other times he can just go hiding. Far too inconsistent, but that could be down to a lack of games.