The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

That Ross Co v victim game looked a cracker though. The long looping header for the equaliser. The meg from the right for Celtic's second. The outrageous dive for county's pen. Broony's diplomatic immunity being officially sanctioned. 

Celtic fans have done a huge amount in the last week to prove that they want nothing more than to be favoured as much as the other cheek. Neil Lennon, aye, that Neil Lennon, favours sending off players if somebody nearby could have been seriously hurt.  Heads gone,  meltdown etc. Greenhun

Edited by coprolite

Is Vyner on loan for the full season or just until January? Either way, the club needs to bring in two full backs with Leigh out injured until spring.

Gleeson will be leaving in January, not that he made a difference. But they either need to trust Campbell to be a regular starter or bring in another midfielder, preferably one without a recent injury history.

Could Main be loaned out to a team lower down the league? Not sure the point of having four first team strikers with how the team is normally setup.

41 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Is Vyner on loan for the full season or just until January? Either way, the club needs to bring in two full backs with Leigh out injured until spring.

Gleeson will be leaving in January, not that he made a difference. But they either need to trust Campbell to be a regular starter or bring in another midfielder, preferably one without a recent injury history.

Could Main be loaned out to a team lower down the league? Not sure the point of having four first team strikers with how the team is normally setup.

Think Anderson is more likely to go out again as McInnes loves the big useless lump option up front in Main.

In fairness I’d rather Anderson was out playing every week on loan at someone like St Mirren than getting 5 minutes every 3rd game for us. Think he’d be more likely to go back on loan to the championship again though. I’d like to see what he could do at someone like Dundee.

Edited by AngusTheBull

42 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Full season.

Has it been said how long Considine is out for? If he’s back fairly soon I can’t see them bringing in another left back.

I’m really confused at the moment about the true meaning of the word “embarrassing”. 

Is it “embarrassing” for a player to clearly feign injury in an attempt to get a fellow professional sent off?

Is it “embarrassing” for a club official to point out this fact?

Is it “embarrassing” for said player’s manager to claim that it’s “embarrassing” for the club official to point of the truth, and claim that club official is telling lies about something that’s true.

Is it “embarrassing” that another player from the same club gets pushed in the middle of his chest and falls to the ground holding his face in the very next match his club plays?

is it “embarrassing” that I’ve nothing better to do?

i await the witty replies.

If Vyner is potentially out for the rest of the season then I can definitely see McInnes ringing the Hoban bell soon. And his season will  probably be over by march.

Only going by what I've seen on twitter regarding Vyner doing his shoulder again.

We have no creativity

Signed a lot of players who have injury problems. I see Vyner might be ruled out for the rest of the season.

No continuity in starting XI's

We rely on two players, one of which might be sold within the next calendar year. The other is in his 30's and probably has his best times behind him. If we didn't have Cosgrove and McGinn, we'd be fucked.

We can't stop conceding goals either.

On 27/12/2019 at 12:27, AngusTheBull said:

Think Anderson is more likely to go out again as McInnes loves the big useless lump option up front in Main.

In fairness I’d rather Anderson was out playing every week on loan at someone like St Mirren than getting 5 minutes every 3rd game for us. Think he’d be more likely to go back on loan to the championship again though. I’d like to see what he could do at someone like Dundee.

Anderson has been asking to go on loan and has been told no. Unless a new striker comes in then I can't see him getting his wish.

4 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Cormack seems pretty ruthless and if rumours are to be believed that he's not a big fan of McInnes then changes could be made. Probably not before the end of the season though.

Who would people like instead?

Could Maloney perhaps be managerial material and worth contacting?

Maloney ?......which one are you on about ?........Kellie or Frank?

6 hours ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

We have no creativity

Signed a lot of players who have injury problems. I see Vyner might be ruled out for the rest of the season.

No continuity in starting XI's

We rely on two players, one of which might be sold within the next calendar year. The other is in his 30's and probably has his best times behind him. If we didn't have Cosgrove and McGinn, we'd be fucked.

We can't stop conceding goals either.

I disagree. We have plenty creativity but it is no good on the bench. Personally think that Mcginn and Wilson should start but hedges and mclennan are "luxury players" who can be replaced by runners (Gallagher, Main) for the two opponents we need to worry about. Not to play utter dross. 

I agree that we are reliant on Cosgrove and Mcginn but I don't think it's much of a criticism, in our position, to rely on your best players. 

Easy for me to say though 

14 minutes ago, big al said:

Pretty sure the minimum that will happen in January is 2 in. 
1 has to be a midfielder and another probably a left back. 
After that it depends who leaves.

Are you "pretty sure" because of some inside info or just because you're a fan and think we need to be less shit in those areas?