The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, big al said:

Just from reading statements/ quotes. No inside info bud and may be wrong but  hope not!

Hope you are not wrong too. What's our mid season record like though? From memory only Christie stands out. Or was maclean January too? 

Edited by coprolite
Just thought Ferguson might have been mid-season too, but more exception than rule

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

I disagree. We have plenty creativity but it is no good on the bench. Personally think that Mcginn and Wilson should start but hedges and mclennan are "luxury players" who can be replaced by runners (Gallagher, Main) for the two opponents we need to worry about. Not to play utter dross. 

I agree that we are reliant on Cosgrove and Mcginn but I don't think it's much of a criticism, in our position, to rely on your best players. 

Easy for me to say though 

We desperately need a number 10. Effectively someone who can offer something between the midfield and the striker. 

If we had a Maddison style loan in this team, we'd create far more. 

I think I read that we've had 5 shots on target in our last 3 games. Simply not enough. To be fair, we've been extremely clinical. It wouldn't surprise me if we had the lowest of shots in the league this season.

3 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

We desperately need a number 10. Effectively someone who can offer something between the midfield and the striker. 

If we had a Maddison style loan in this team, we'd create far more. 

I think I read that we've had 5 shots on target in our last 3 games. Simply not enough. To be fair, we've been extremely clinical. It wouldn't surprise me if we had the lowest of shots in the league this season.

It’s actually six on target. And the game before these three we had 5 on target. Just to clarify.

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Hope you are not wrong too. What's our mid season record like though? From memory only Christie stands out. Or was maclean January too? 

Well he has said on a couple of occasions that the squad is definitely light on numbers with Leigh and Bryson injured and they would need to bring in at least 2 during the window.

Pretty sure Cormack also said there was scope to bring in.

Dont think they can say this and not follow through so fairly certain.

And Gleeson been told free to go aswell.

Add Vyner into it now aswell, possibly out for the season.

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, big al said:

Well he has said on a couple of occasions that the squad is definitely light on numbers with Leigh and Bryson injured and they would need to bring in at least 2 during the window.

Pretty sure Cormack also said there was scope to bring in.

Dont think they can say this and not follow through so fairly certain.

And Gleeson been told free to go aswell.

Add Vyner into it now aswell, possibly out for the season.

If Vyners needing surgery that’ll be him away. Can’t say I’ve been overly impressed but probably a decent enough squad player.

Matty Kennedy and Stephen O’Donnell seem to be the two rumours atm. Not convinced Kennedy is someone we need, but I suspect that one is just paper talk. I’d like O’Donnell though.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

If Vyners needing surgery that’ll be him away. Can’t say I’ve been overly impressed but probably a decent enough squad player.

Matty Kennedy and Stephen O’Donnell seem to be the two rumours atm. Not convinced Kennedy is someone we need, but I suspect that one is just paper talk. I’d like O’Donnell though.

Are they not both pre contract? Which would mean not until the summer.

Alan Nixon of the Sun saying Aberdeen are looking at centre Half's. Guessing this must be due to expecting McKenna to go as Vyner rarely plays there for us.

Seen a few people saying Liam Lindsay is one being looked at but would be a surprising one of Stoke let him go even on loan as he seems to be in their matchday squad pretty much every week.

Edited by Rodhull

Guest Bob Mahelp
12 hours ago, coprolite said:

Rooney and Logan both came to the club in January 2014. I think McLean was a pre-contract ?

After that, it goes downhill pretty sharpish. 

Alan Nixon of the Sun saying Aberdeen are looking at centre Half's. Guessing this must be due to expecting McKenna to go as Vyner rarely plays there for us.
Seen a few people saying Liam Lindsay is one being looked at but would be a surprising one of Stoke let him go even on loan as he seems to be in their matchday squad pretty much every week.
Were Stoke not one of the clubs who were linked with McKenna?

1 minute ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
22 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Were Stoke not one of the clubs who were linked with McKenna?

Yeah. Not recently though I think but you never know. Lindsay's being linked with Hearts too and he played for Stendel at Barnsley but maybe Stoke signing McKenna and sending us Lindsay to the end of the season is a possibility.

7 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Cosgrove type fee possibly to get them now

Theres zero chance we'd let Kennedy go for £20k in January, even if he signed elsewhere. Hes our best winger and the difference in position is worth £100k+, while relegation could cost over a million, we wont harm our own chances for a nominal fee.

FWIW you've not actually approached him, simply told his agent to keep you in the loop about what's happening. 

I think McKenna will be away in Jan although I don’t think we should be dropping our asking price significantly.

SOD and Kennedy would be excellent signings.

We need to be persevering with Hedges, maybe even as a 10.

Not keen on more loans and therefore wouldn’t be keen on Liam Lindsay.

Main is here to stay, no way mcinnes would punt him out on loan despite it being obvious he is nowhere near good enough to replace Cosgrove when he likely goes in the summer.

I’m not sure there are many other decent potential signings in Scotland right now.