The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

Just seen Mcgeouch is over the line. Success of the signing will almost entirely hinge on how injury plagued he is in his time here. 

It's an interesting one. 

While he's undoubtedly a player we don't really have at Pittodrie....a forward looking central midfielder with an eye for a decent pass.....he doesn't really have the goalscoring abilities of say, Kenny McLean, who could reasonably be expected to stick in half a dozen a season. 

The only goal I can remember him scoring for Hibs was against us the Scottish cup semi final. In fact, Wiki suggests that he's only scored 4 goals in 150 appearances. 

I hope that the fans don't expect that he's going to be the type of midfielder to drift into the box as a 2nd striker, or pick up knock downs on the edge of the box. He isn't, and I do wonder how he'll fit into our side and the preferred McInnes formation. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's an interesting one. 

While he's undoubtedly a player we don't really have at Pittodrie....a forward looking central midfielder with an eye for a decent pass.....he doesn't really have the goalscoring abilities of say, Kenny McLean, who could reasonably be expected to stick in half a dozen a season. 

The only goal I can remember him scoring for Hibs was against us the Scottish cup semi final. In fact, Wiki suggests that he's only scored 4 goals in 150 appearances. 

I hope that the fans don't expect that he's going to be the type of midfielder to drift into the box as a 2nd striker, or pick up knock downs on the edge of the box. He isn't, and I do wonder how he'll fit into our side and the preferred McInnes formation. 

I've always seen him as someone in more of a Ryan Jack role, possibly a little more forward thinking than the rat was with us. Seemed at his best for Hibs playing that kind of role with Allan and Mcginn ahead of him. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's an interesting one. 

That stat regarding goals per appearance is wild. Possibly means we could play Ferguson further forward but I dont think thats quite his best position. Could Ferguson, Ojo and Mcgeouch all play in the same team?

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've always seen him as someone in more of a Ryan Jack role, possibly a little more forward thinking than the rat was with us. Seemed at his best for Hibs playing that kind of role with Allan and Mcginn ahead of him. 

Yeah, you're right in that analogy I think. 

He undoubtedly benefited from having more attack minded players around him at Hibs. At Pittodrie, we've generally got midfielders that get a nose-bleed going past the halfway line and I suspect that we're going to ask McGeouch to play a bit further forward than he's been used to. 

3 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

That stat regarding goals per appearance is wild. Possibly means we could play Ferguson further forward but I dont think thats quite his best position. Could Ferguson, Ojo and Mcgeouch all play in the same team?

Ferguson is miles better when he's further forward and not taking the ball off the defenders toes and attempting long balls.

22 hours ago, TheDon99 said:
22 hours ago, Jute said:
I don’t see need for player like Ojo against all bar two teams in the league. Did nothing but slow down the play against Hearts recently. Did not even win that many tackles.

If he stays fit McGeouch should be a great signing. 

Completely disagree. I believe he's our best player on the ball. Only one who has any sort of composure and is the closest we have come to filling a J*ck shaped hole in our midfield. Admittedly he was poor against Hearts but was not helped by the complete lack of any sort outlet further up the field.

He wasn’t great against Hearts admittedly but also didn’t look like he was fit.

Be interesting to see who plays further forward out of Ferguson and McGeouch. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Be interesting to see who plays further forward out of Ferguson and McGeouch. 

Ferguson has proven that he has an eye for goal, and at the moment he's wasted sitting on the edge of the centre circle in his own half. 

I'd love to see him being pushed further forward. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Ferguson has proven that he has an eye for goal, and at the moment he's wasted sitting on the edge of the centre circle in his own half. 

I'd love to see him being pushed further forward. 

Ferguson running around up top just bodying defenders while McGeouch sprays passes about left, right and centre? 

alan partridge GIF

Jake Mulraney's time at Hearts is coming to an end with MLS side Atlanta United favourites to sign the Irish winger. He and forward Craig Wighton are training with the reserves and are available for transfer

Bought by Atlanta, loaned to us until March when their season starts?

Jake Mulraney's time at Hearts is coming to an end with MLS side Atlanta United favourites to sign the Irish winger. He and forward Craig Wighton are training with the reserves and are available for transfer
Bought by Atlanta, loaned to us until March when their season starts?

Fuckin hope not, Mulraney is shiiiite

35 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Being linked with 18 yr old Ross County midfielder Mark Gallagher according to the record. Can't say I know anything about him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/mark-gallagher-set-aberdeen-transfer-21248807

Be better signing the boy Stewart from County, although I don’t know anything about this lad. Maybe he’s for the under 20s like the striker signed in the summer from Queens Park.

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Be better signing the boy Stewart from County, although I don’t know anything about this lad. Maybe he’s for the under 20s like the striker signed in the summer from Queens Park.

No doubt but would assume it would cost significantly more for Stewart. Especially as he was linked with clubs down south recently.