The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Dylan McGeouch to Aberdeen would be a great deal for all concerned.  He's a quality player that has proven he can play at this level while McGeouch can escape a basket case of a club and Sunderland can offload a player that the current manager doesn't want.

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Dylan McGeouch to Aberdeen would be a great deal for all concerned.  He's a quality player that has proven he can play at this level while McGeouch can escape a basket case of a club and Sunderland can offload a player that the current manager doesn't want.

Apart from Aberdeen shelling out a hefty wage for another midfielder to sit camped in the physio room?

Dread to think how much him and Bryson would earn combined.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Twitter pretty certain that McGeouch has signed and will likely be flying out to Dubai with the boys.

It’s a great signing, but the concerns over injuries are certainly valid, given that’s primarily the reason we’re getting him in. He was magic for Hibs in his last season and is still only 25, hopefully it’s a decent length of contract.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

McGeouch seems to have been around for fucking years, I thought he'd have been touching 30.

Wikipedia says 26, 27 next week. 

That's how old I tell my kids I am. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

McGeouch seems to have been around for fucking years, I thought he'd have been touching 30.

You could have googled it in the time it took you to write that you spangle jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Guest Bob Mahelp

A fit McGeouch would be a useful addition to a midfield lacking invention.

The perma-injured McGeough, fighting with Bryson for a spot on the physio's couch, not so much. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

The perma-injured McGeough, fighting with Bryson for a spot on the physio's couch, not so much. 

I wonder which one it will be.

I really do.

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I wonder which one it will be.

I really do.

My money's on the second option...

22 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Was brilliant in spells for us, one of my fave players. 

McInnes has always been a fan so not a surprise hes ended up at you. Might be a slight concern that he wasnt playing in a - very shite - Sunderland team that also seemed to lack invention.

The chat was that his chronic injury was behind him - the only reason he left us was Lennon.

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I always thought McGeouch was a bit overrated at Hibs, but does this mean Funso isn't cutting it?

He's barely played as he's just come back from 3 months out and still doesn't look fit yet.

Cant help but think this is going to be a cracking signing for Aberdeen. Yeah he's faded away quickly at Sunderland but they were an absolute basket case of a club. Will be good for Aberdeen when looking to control games.

Edited by gannonball

I quite liked McGeouch at Hibs, but Bryson has made me cautious about getting prematurely carried away with any signing. If he does sign and he can stay fit, he will hopefully inject some control and composure to the middle of the park and get us playing some better football. I'm probably more concerned about him being surplus to requirements at a bobbins Sunderland than I am about his patchy injury record, to be honest.