The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Nobody's saying it's not the right decision. Clearly Deek has taken you as far as he ever will, and it's now very repetitive and boring/frustrating. But the fact is that he gets you into Europe every season, and his record against non-OF teams speaks for itself. I wonder if Hearts for example would swap their volatility with a similar budget for that kind of stability. I just think that stability should be appreciated more, though the clear staleness and lack of improvement makes it a fair decision to make. Will be interesting if Aberdeen start struggling for top 6 in the coming years, or if they'll do better than where they are now.

If the next person struggles with the budget and facilities we have then they should be moved on too.

Every single player in our squad is a Derek McInnes signing. Whether he has extended their contract, signed them to the club for a second time or they were a new signing altogether. He's been here almost 8 years. It's clear things aren't going to get any better. As harsh as it sounds. He was the right man at the right time but that time has now passed. Some would argue it was time a couple of years ago. That's too harsh IMO.

There's a bipolar attitude towards McInnes from rival supporters on P&B. Lose to the OF and it's "you've shit the bed. McInnes is shite" etc. Talk of him leaving is always responded to with "be careful what you wish for. Remember McGhee etc".

10 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I said "pretty good" and I stick by it, with your edit you've probably seen the light and now agree with me.

He still had a fair overhaul in the first few years. He has to be given credit for that.

The first man with the balls to bin Clangers too.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He still had a fair overhaul in the first few years. He has to be given credit for that.

He also successfully replaced key players over and over without dropping placings in the league etc (until recently)

10 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

He also successfully replaced key players over and over without dropping placings in the league etc (until recently)

I think that's fair.

He should have been a bit more creative with his signings once it got to the stage where he couldn't replace some of them. Rather than going like for like try and evolve your style or change your philosophy. Unfortunately that's how you end up with your Curtis Mains and Craig Brysons.

16 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

McGhee and Brown both tried their best to replace him but neither succeeded. It does seem as if Leighton was an issue in that situation

In all seriousness.

In a season were Celtic have blown 10 in a row are playing as bad as they have in 10 years, have a manager who has lost the plot and have shat the bed like it's never been shat before Aberdeen should be finishing 2nd.  instead they'll be releived that Livingston got beat today. And they aren't (yet) staring down the barrel of finishing 5th (yet).

McInnes should be doing better.

The man has had 8yrs of press arselicking. 

They are happy with his "3rd is good enough" defeatist negative attitude, it keeps those two in the top positions. 

He speils his shite that they absolutely lap up, now that English has broken ranks they are now starting to question him,  yet two weeks ago wouldnt, 

What has changed, by Richard Gordon and English statements suggests that they have been tipped off

12 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

The man has had 8yrs of press arselicking. 

They are happy with his "3rd is good enough" defeatist negative attitude, it keeps those two in the top positions. 

Always find this take a bit wild, tbh.

If Aberdeen fans aren't going to be happy until they're challenging for the title every single season, then I guess they'll have a miserable existence. 

You've got decades of catching up to do.

15 minutes ago, Romeo said:

In all seriousness.

In a season were Celtic have blown 10 in a row are playing as bad as they have in 10 years, have a manager who has lost the plot and have shat the bed like it's never been shat before Aberdeen should be finishing 2nd.  instead they'll be releived that Livingston got beat today. And they aren't (yet) staring down the barrel of finishing 5th (yet).

I see I’ve reached the ‘nodding sagely and agreeing with Romeo’ stage of the pandemic 

Take me, COVID 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always find this take a bit wild, tbh.

If Aberdeen fans aren't going to be happy until they're challenging for the title every single season, then I guess they'll have a miserable existence. 

You've got decades of catching up to do.

No the diela celtic and lennon side this year were up for taking on  but mcinnes did his usual and shat it. 

Look he is pissed off now at rightly being held to account,  he's not slow at giving the press what they want to hear when it suits him, 

He can't have it both ways, 

I really hope the final nail has been hammered in his coffin 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Can we all just take a moment here, step back, think about things for a moment then can I have someone please explain how in the fucking name of christ Derek McInnes is earning £17k a week?! 

Not sure if that's the true figure but he's on a mental salary.

He kept the fans off of Stewart Milne's back.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Can we all just take a moment here, step back, think about things for a moment then can I have someone please explain how in the fucking name of christ Derek McInnes is earning £17k a week?! 

A board member told me that we had to match Sunderland's offer to get him to stay with us, and that offer was £17.5K pw. The only reason he didn't become Rangers manager is because they refused to match that wage. 

In all seriousness.
I see I’ve reached the ‘nodding sagely and agreeing with Romeo’ stage of the pandemic 
Take me, COVID 
I've agreed with both Romeo and Ewan Murray in one day. These truly are extraordinary times.

Guest Bob Mahelp

There's no doubt that McInnes has been pretty cursed all season.....the 3 players that made us play, Watkins, Hedges and Wright....have had season ending injuries or we've had to sell them .

It seems that for the last month, there isn't a game gone by where we haven't had a player injured in the first 10 minutes and we've had to change things up. 

But, that's the way it goes. The longer a manager is at a club, the more difficult it is to keep on re-inventing the wheel, and the shorter the tolerance of the supporters. 

Eventually, it all becomes an ever-decreasing circle and there's no way out. Other than a change of manager. 

That's where we are just now, sadly. We may limp into 4th place still, but the die has been cast. We just have to use the next few months to see who will be interested in the job. 

As awful as the attacking play has been to watch, i'm almost more surprised at all the sloppy goals we've given away. McInnes's teams have always had great focus and rarely offered gifts so were always very consistent and hard to beat. This run of games has seen as throwing daft goals away nearly every game. No idea what changed mid season, but where the back 3 once looked solid as a rock, it now looks more like the awful 3 at the back experiments of many pre-Mcinnes years

If Aberdeen had won even one Scottish Cup under McInnes then I doubt the pressure would be as much as it is.

But they didn't. They were unlucky in the 2017 final but aside from that shat it when they got to the semi finals.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Aberdeen had won even one Scottish Cup under McInnes then I doubt the pressure would be as much as it is.

But they didn't. They were unlucky in the 2017 final but aside from that shat it when they got to the semi finals.

Winning a Scottish Cup isn't easy ya p***k. I'm calling you a p***k for Dundee FC related reasons.