The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

We need someone to come in that will not fear the arse cheeks and play as if we're beaten from the start.

You might also need someone who can work on a more limited budget than DM has been used to, certainly for a couple of seasons anyway. 

Aberdeen lost some potent striking options due to a combo of transfers and bad luck, were forced into last minute loans and it showed yesterday - which is hardly the managers fault.

If I had a criticism of DM yesterday it was in trying to crowbar the Ferguson/Mcrorie/McGeough formation in, the only one that looked recognisable was Ferguson. Mcgeogh was dragged to his left far too often to influence the match and - one shot aside - Mcrorie was ineffective.

DM is suffering what Ross was a few weeks ago - working out his best formation. It took JR a few weeks and a few new players to sort it.

I dont see Cormack removing him before the end of the season, not least because any new manager would still only be able to pish with the cock he was left by DM................

Shouts for Wright, Robinson, Goodwin and the likes just make me laugh.
If we're gong to change then for fuvk sake let's think outside the box please.
We need someone to come in that will not fear the arse cheeks and play as if we're beaten from the start.
Who fits the bill ?
No idea to be honest but then that is the job of the board not the fans 
Goodwin is the only manager to have beaten both cheeks of the old firm this season [emoji13].

He'll go onto much bigger and better things than us but he is still very much learning on the job. I agree that he is not ready for the Dons, yet.

24 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Shouts for Wright, Robinson, Goodwin and the likes just make me laugh.

If we're gong to change then for fuvk sake let's think outside the box please.

Who fits the bill ?

No idea to be honest but then that is the job of the board not the fans 

:lol:

“We need someone who doesn’t have an existing reputation who will come in and regularly beat teams that are better than us. Who is that man? That’s not my fucking job!” 

Since the 3-3 Celtic game where things all started to fall apart for one reason or another the league results have been;

P16, W5, L5, D6

We've failed to score in seven of those games. It's mid table form which is exactly where we're heading.

In this season of all seasons it was so important to get 3rd. Hibs have invested heavily in their squad and should really be under greater scrutiny if they don't finish there.

The reason we have such high (recent) expectations is because of McInnes himself, that shouldn't be forgotten. I just feel fresh ideas are now needed. The longer it goes on, the uglier it's going to get, unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Willie adie said:

No the diela celtic and lennon side this year were up for taking on  but mcinnes did his usual and shat it. 

Wild.

Desperate to punt off your most successful manager in decades because you're absolutely obsessed with the Old Firm.

Absolute NAP this time next year you're still not near them (hint: it's probably because their ability to spend is about 40x times higher than Aberdeen. Livingston are closer to you in terms of spending than you are to either of them), and you'll be greeting about how much of a "shitebag club" Aberdeen are.

14 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

In this season of all seasons it was so important to get 3rd. Hibs have invested heavily in their squad and should really be under greater scrutiny if they don't finish there.

I am sure we are looking for third, but our budget is still smaller than Aberdeen, despite having signed Cadden etc.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild.

Desperate to punt off your most successful manager in decades because you're absolutely obsessed with the Old Firm.

Absolute NAP this time next year you're still not near them (hint: it's probably because their ability to spend is about 40x times higher than Aberdeen. Livingston are closer to you in terms of spending than you are to either of them), and you'll be greeting about how much of a "shitebag club" Aberdeen are.

If it’s time for him to go then is because he’s beginning to take us on a downward trend, not because it’s time to reach the next level. 

Anyone thinking that if we just employ a ‘good’ manager well suddenly ascend to a new level of greatness is kidding themselves.

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am sure we are looking for third, but our budget is still smaller than Aberdeen, despite having signed Cadden etc.

Maybe at the beginning of the season but I'd be very surprised if it was the case now.

Hibs basically have two good players for every position and the CM options, in particular, would get into most teams in the league. Only two main strikers though and it's been fortunate I suppose that they've both been fit for the most part

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol:

“We need someone who doesn’t have an existing reputation who will come in and regularly beat teams that are better than us. Who is that man? That’s not my fucking job!” 

Problem mate ?

You need to re read what I wrote.

Edited by Sheep62

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

So is it your job 🤔

It should be. I’d employ Giovanni perlotti. Manager of sassuolo under 18’s and ready for a big job. His style is described as a hybrid of guardiola and klopp and they have the best xG in Italian football. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It should be. I’d employ Giovanni perlotti. Manager of sassuolo under 18’s and ready for a big job. His style is described as a hybrid of guardiola and klopp and they have the best xG in Italian football. 

How on earth did I not think of him 😂

An obvious choice in your mind 

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He's a busy man. He owns our local chip shop as well.

When the inevitable does happen one thing i am buzzing for is the I told you so's coming from either side depending on how it all works out. Cant wait
Older members of the Tartan Army loved playing the "told you so" about binning Gordon Strachan until November 12th 2020. Suddenly they went very quiet.

It will be interesting to see what names come forward if the job becomes available. There's no obvious front runner at all.

Our group chat had a rattle round of names last night that included Tommy Wright, Shaun Maloney, Jim Goodwin, Stephen Robinson, Micky Flynn, Darren Moore, Paul Cook, Danny Cowley then it got a bit more wild as the boundaries got pushed to more left field names like Steve Kean and Nigel Adkins.

That's a few names without even going into the continental market. Might float some people's boats. Others like@kingjoey would baulk at the names and prefer to stick with DM.

All opinions are fair enough provided they are well thought out and balanced.

16 minutes ago, Dandiest Don said:

When the inevitable does happen one thing i am buzzing for is the I told you so's coming from either side depending on how it all works out. Cant wait

I’m not looking forward to the less than classy response from a sizeable portion of our fanbase

This isn’t something to be celebrated, I’m pretty gutted it’s finishing like this for Derek 

Not the way anyone thought it would