The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

55 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That is where questions need to be asked. GMS was available and seem the obvious choice to come back and then went to a championship team. Looked like Mcinnes wasn't allowed to sign and only after Cosgrove went we was allowed to sign loan players 

Given the current financial situation, not one thing you have mentioned is a surprise. 

We are still in the running for 3rd, it is defo possible, but only if the club can address the cause of our woeful form.

Obvs our form is shite, but that is the challenge for Cormack and McIness. 

There is too much riding on it for all concerned! 

Re DM longer term, well lets see where we get to at the end of this season. If the shit performances and results continue he should go, but lets see. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

I can't think off the top of my head which manager out there would be a natural fit for Aberdeen.  Scarily, the only one that comes to mind....young, succesful in his career so far, ambitious, good at getting the best out of his players....is Jim Goodwin. I'm not sure at this point in time if he's ready for Aberdeen though.

It gives me the fear that this is all some kind of grand plan from Cormack to bring in the Atlanta youth/woman's coach or whatever. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I can't think off the top of my head which manager out there would be a natural fit for Aberdeen.  Scarily, the only one that comes to mind....young, succesful in his career so far, ambitious, good at getting the best out of his players....is Jim Goodwin. I'm not sure at this point in time if he's ready for Aberdeen though.

It gives me the fear that this is all some kind of grand plan from Cormack to bring in the Atlanta youth/woman's coach or whatever. 

I think the Americans involvement in the club is an issue. It wouldn't surprise me if it's them pushing for a change.

3 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I think the Americans involvement in the club is an issue. It wouldn't surprise me if it's them pushing for a change.

I think that you’ll find it’s the keyboard warriors that are pushing for a change.

30 minutes ago, Highloon said:

We are still in the running for 3rd, it is defo possible, but only if the club can address the cause of our woeful form.

Obvs our form is shite, but that is the challenge for Cormack and McIness. 

There is too much riding on it for all concerned! 

Re DM longer term, well lets see where we get to at the end of this season. If the shit performances and results continue he should go, but lets see. 

The cause of our woeful form is McInnes. He’s eight years into his tenure, there is no point trying to cast blame elsewhere. You can use injuries as a mitigating circumstance for certain results now and again, you can’t blame injuries for 5 goals in 10 games or the largely turgid football since 2017.

I agree third isn’t completely gone given we have a game in hand and are still to play Hibs again. But if we don’t finish third, that’s the third season in a row we won’t have with fairly comfortably the third largest budget in the league which would make the decision for the board fairly straightforward you’d imagine.

If crowds are back in substantial numbers next season, then financially I don’t think we can afford to keep him beyond the summer.

2 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

The cause of our woeful form is McInnes. He’s eight years into his tenure, there is no point trying to cast blame elsewhere. You can use injuries as a mitigating circumstance for certain results now and again, you can’t blame injuries for 5 goals in 10 games or the largely turgid football since 2017.

I agree third isn’t completely gone given we have a game in hand and are still to play Hibs again. But if we don’t finish third, that’s the third season in a row we won’t have with fairly comfortably the third largest budget in the league which would make the decision for the board fairly straightforward you’d imagine.

If crowds are back in substantial numbers next season, then financially I don’t think we can afford to keep him beyond the summer.

Largely a myth. Hibs and Hearts budgets are never that far away.

Also Aberdeen/Hearts or anyone else with the 3rd biggest budget in the league at different stages in the last 20 years hasnt as consistently achieved what they "should" with it as Mcinnes has. Or even overachieved (2 seasons above the Sevco franchise who were spending a lot more than him)

If Dave Cormack makes the wrong decision in the next few weeks, you just know that we’re going to end up with Stephen Robinson and back to being a top/bottom six yo yo club.

I think King Joey used the name Stephen. It all feels a bit development for Steven Glass which would scare the living daylights out of me tbh

@AngusTheBull

Yes, I understand the DM is the problem line, it is loud and clear on the forum, and i understand the frustration, but life is not black and white. The senior people in the club need to put their big trousers on, as do the players and address the issue and take responsibility in order to get 3rd place. 

Also, we have no given right to expect 3rd, especially given the calibre of players and manager at Hibs. Good to have some competition, as long as we end up in 3rd 😉

I'd like a foreign influence in the next management team somewhere, and not necessarily the manager. Assistant, director of football even.

Doing better in europe is my main target so we need possibly more expertise at that level

11 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Got to agree, Frank. I've been saying he should leave since the League Cup QF defeat to Motherwell, 3-0 on the night, that was further compounded by a Scottish Cup SF defeat to the same side later on that season, with the same score.  

In that 38-game league season we finished ahead of Sevco (still paying five times our budget) and saw off Lennon's Hibs who were also challenging.

Yet you would have sacked him on the strength of a couple of cup ties, the second of which we went into with three of our best players suspended, and another two not fit enough to start the game?

Just feel like more examples of this strange inflated sense of entitlement some of our support have.