The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

That would be true if you have indeed paid them off however if they are effectively on "garden leave" and being paid monthly then Aberdeen's cost remain the same until a new management team/structure is put in place.

If McInnes and Docherty then take up a new position then Aberdeen stop paying them.

That would probably suit both as an amicable parting rather than "I resign or your punted"

Cormack may indeed be playing a game and may indeed be a wealthy man but the bottom line will be how much he is willing to invest on an ongoing basis.  

Time alone will tell.

Between him and his mates hes brought in investment of between 10-15 million so far i believe. Certainly not held back cash so far!

4 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Between him and his mates hes brought in investment of between 10-15 million so far i believe. Certainly not held back cash so far!

Precisely. However, understandably (and absolutely critical imo) the vision is of a sustainable club. We don't need ongoing investment from the chairman, we need very specific investment which will get us to a point where we're truly sustainable.

13 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Is that definitely the case? My understanding was a severance package was agreed.

No but just the kind of scenario that is usual in mutual agreement situation.

Only guys involved will know the full story and what has actually happened.

34 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Might finally be a sign that things aren't being leaked out (as they have been over the last while) and the red tops are just stuck making up drivel like the Scott Brown nonsense.

Scott Burns is now reporting it...

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm 99% certain that this is utter bollox.

But big Dave has woken up this morning with a glint in his eye and mental thoughts going through his head. 

He likes.

6 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

If Glass is the choice then I guess he can pick whoever he likes as assistants, and Brown seems like he’d be a quality bad cop to scare the youngsters with if nothing else.

If we had had players with Brown's leadership and nasty streak already at the club perhaps we might not be currently searching for a new manager.

I think we have some really good players but their will to get dirty and win at all costs is fundamentally lacking