The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye. Jack is a p***k but I don't think anyone is surprised he'd have a wee pop.

With Wright I think he just needs to be careful, his focus should 100% trying to carve out a career for himself there, not trolling fans of his old club over a title he's not been part of. 

In fairness to Jack, he kept his head down after signing for them. Wasn't a constant social media presence. Let's be honest, he's came on leaps and bounds whilst playing for them too. I say that as someone who rated him at Aberdeen and felt Derek was making him do less than he was capable of.

I'd be amazed if Wright goes on to make 50 appearances.

Jack was signed to be their Scott Brown, and is fulfilling his role on and off the pitch. Interesting to see if he makes the same mistake and stays too long, or if he gives the EPL a go at some point. Fact he's almost 30 means he's probably missed that window though, if he doesn't move this Summer.

Wright just seems like a lost wee laddie who's desperately trying to fit in because he knows he's miles out his depth.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack was signed to be their Scott Brown, and is fulfilling his role on and off the pitch. Interesting to see if he makes the same mistake and stays too long, or if he gives the EPL a go at some point. Fact he's almost 30 means he's probably missed that window though, if he doesn't move this Summer.

Wright just seems like a lost wee laddie who's desperately trying to fit in because he knows he's miles out his depth.

Aye. Rangers fans I knew were claiming Jack was going to be their 'Kante' which couldn't be further from the truth. I don't think he's got the athleticism to play EPL but I could be wrong. Could potentially fill the role he does for Scotland down their. At Rangers he's utilised further up the field. I think he'll retire at the ****. Can only see him leaving if the next manager doesn't take to him.

Aye, doesn't seem likely he'd be in any rush to leave Rangers and at his age the Premier league probably isn't an option for too much longer. Would imagine he'll most likely retire at Rangers as you say or at the very least stay there for the long term.

Don't see him wanting to come back to Aberdeen at any point anyway and who could blame him. 😂

Edited by Rodhull

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. Rangers fans I knew were claiming Jack was going to be their 'Kante' which couldn't be further from the truth. I don't think he's got the athleticism to play EPL but I could be wrong. Could potentially fill the role he does for Scotland down their. At Rangers he's utilised further up the field. I think he'll retire at the ****. Can only see him leaving if the next manager doesn't take to him.

I think a future manager might struggle to appreciate what he brings. Removing the last ten years a central midfielder at rangers would  normally score and assist more

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Ryan Jack has had full Pittodries booing his every touch and been given a lot of grief since joining Rangers. I genuinely couldn't care less if he gives a bit back when he scores or Rangers win a trophy.

And rightly so after his hatchet job on Stevie May

On 13/03/2021 at 19:22, DrewDon said:

I usually give that podcast a wide berth but gave it a listen for 20 minutes or so there before turning off. You would genuinely think he worked for Derek McInnes rather than Aberdeen FC.

Here's McDermid at the last DNA Premium Q&A night (been a lack of them this season).  HWG and The Northern Goal are much better podcasts.

image.png.978f266fd66afff7d2502e0f777fabd7.png

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jack was a brilliant player for us, massively underrated. Anyone suggesting we wouldn't miss him at the time was trying far too hard.

Agree with this.

He was particularly good around 2014/15 time - recall the Sociedad game and him looking the only player that could fit into the La Liga side's style, and didn't just look like an SPL player trying their hardest.

Everton, Roma and Napoli were reported to be sniffing around at the time - and from his point of view, that would have been a much better career move than flat-track bullying his way around Sevco's midfield in a middle-ranking league like ours.

Russell Anderson and Eoin Jess wanted the club to get some return on them. Jack was made club captain, but chose to let his contract run down and leave for nothing. It was a big two-fingers up at his home city - and it also seems to be a strangely prevalent pastime of north-east born supporters of Glasgow-based clubs to do this.........

Edited by tarapoa

18 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Agree with this.

From his point of view, he was particularly good around 2014/15 time - recall the Sociedad game and him looking the only player that could fit into the La Liga side's style, and didn't just look like an SPL player trying their hardest.

Everton, Roma and Napoli were reported to be sniffing around at the time - and from his point of view, that would have been a much better career move than flat-track bullying his way around Sevco's midfield in a middle-ranking league like ours.

Russell Anderson and Eoin Jess wanted the club to get some return on them. Jack was made club captain, but chose to let his contract run down and leave for nothing. It was a big two-fingers up at his home city - and it also seems to be a strangely prevalent pastime of north-east born supporters of Glasgow-based clubs to do this.........

McInnes and Milne were part of the problem with deliberately letting players run down contracts rather than marketing them. That will change under Cormack and it should see us grow as a club. We should be following the Celtic model on a smaller scale and aiming to shift a player around about one per season.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Jack was a brilliant player for us, massively underrated. Anyone suggesting we wouldn't miss him at the time was trying far too hard.

I remember that after the three European rounds in the summer of 2015, I was quaking it that Jack would get picked up by someone bigger before the end of that transfer window. He was magnificent in our away games, and in particular at Rijeka, if I remember correctly.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I rated him when we had him, but i was always frustrated how passive he seemed to be. He wasn't a fighter or a combustive sort at all for us and often seemed meekly quiet and efficient in games. Don't remember him instigating or winning any battles against Scott Brown or other similar players. As soon as he went to Rangers he seemed to get an attitude/chip on his shoulder and grew into a much more effective midfielder.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Don't see what the problem Aberdeen fans have with Jack.

He has always been a The Rangers fan, since they formed.

Scott Wright on the other hand....

A bit weird that. Choosing to support a newly formed team whilst you're already a professional footballer.

On 13/03/2021 at 17:53, Merkland Red said:

Was listening to the radio this afternoon and they had clips of whatever podcast it is the RedTV guys do on a Friday night. Thought Andrew Shinie was making several comments which could come back to bite his arse, especially if we hire Glass. The type of comments that you think are fair and balanced until you remember he's been an absolute cheerleader for the club, even more so when we'd been total shite under Derek at the end.

I was fairly critical of Dave Cormack's hiring of Rob McLean last summer when the club were complaining of financial difficulties. However, after listening to this podcast, I now realise that I was wrong.

Shine & Macdermid sounded like Smashie & Nicey after their show was cancelled which itself was a send up of the Dave Lee Travis outburst as he resigned from Radio 1 before he was sacked. These two don't rock the boat. As described above, they're cheerleaders, unquestioning and snuggled up nice and tight to the club as they suck the AFC teat for all they're worth. However, in this podcast we hear pangs of bitterness at the way Derek McInnes left the club. Very unusual or is it?

These pair of parasites have done very nicely during the Derek McInnes/Stewart Milne era. For example, a regular three jaunts away in Europe at the club's expense each summer, travelling up and down the country at the club's expense, and best seats in the house to watch games at Pittodrie. However, suddenly last summer the club decides that the RedTV should have a more professional sheen to the amateurish musings of these pair of sycophants.

Now Smashie & Nicey start to see their cosy little number getting broken up so their noses are already out of joint by the time Cormack puts the heads of Messrs McInnes & Docherty on the chopping block. Consequently, we start to hear a bit of rebellion from Smashie & Nicey, with the now real threat that they will be cut loose from the club completely. So now it's all what do the supporters expect? and we've had it so good that we better be careful for what we wish for...Semi-finals, the odd cup final, a trophy every 10-15 years, European football until mid-August when the competition starts for real, 3rd or 4th place league positions, that's what McInnes delivered and that's Aberdeen at it's absolute peak. Nobody can come in and do any better.

Indeed Smashie (Shinie) said that if Celtic hadn't been in the competitions we would have won cups galore and we'd be building a statue to McInnes not sacking him. Perhaps somebody should have told him that it wasn't just Celtic that was turfing as out of the Cups. Nor, do I know of a statue in existence for a man that led us to three league titles, three Scottish Cups on the bounce and another a year after, two European trophies and a League Cup.

These two couldn't care a jot about Aberdeen.  In my opinion, they're just a pair of self-serving parasites who are perfectly happy at the status quo as long as they reap their benefits and get to call the players by their first name. 

Dave Cormack would do well to get rid of these two. The club should be about striving to be better and there's no reason why the club and the fans shouldn't aim high. All  Smashie & Nicey did was trot out the West Coast themes of know your place and accept that The Gruesome Twosome win all the trophies. For me, that's a sackable offence (if indeed they are employed by the club which I don't know if they are?)..

The only person to speak with any degree of positivity in this podcast was Lee Mair. I won't even start on Darren Young or my blood pressure will be sky high.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

11 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I was fairly critical of Dave Cormack's hiring of Rob McLean last summer when the club were complaining of financial difficulties. However, after listening to this podcast, I now realise that I was wrong.

Shine & Macdermid sounded like Smashie & Nicey after their show was cancelled which itself was a send up of the Dave Lee Travis outburst as he resigned from Radio 1 before he was sacked. These two don't rock the boat. As described above, they're cheerleaders, unquestioning and snuggled up nice and tight to the club as they suck the AFC teat for all they're worth. However, in this podcast we hear pangs of bitterness at the way Derek McInnes left the club. Very unusual or is it?

These pair of parasites have done very nicely during the Derek McInnes/Stewart Milne era. For example, a regular three jaunts away in Europe at the club's expense each summer, travelling up and down the country at the club's expense, and best seats in the house to watch games at Pittodrie. However, suddenly last summer the club decides that the RedTV should have a more professional sheen to the amateurish musings of these pair of sycophants.

Now Smashie & Nicey start to see their cosy little number getting broken up so their noses are already out of joint by the time Cormack puts the heads of Messrs McInnes & Docherty on the chopping block. Consequently, we start to hear a bit of rebellion from Smashie & Nicey, with the now real threat that they will be cut loose from the club completely. So now it's all what do the supporters expect? and we've had it so good that we better be careful for what we wish for...Semi-finals, the odd cup final, a trophy every 10-15 years, European football until mid-August when the competition starts for real, 3rd or 4th place league positions, that's what McInnes delivered and that's Aberdeen at it's absolute peak. Nobody can come in and do any better.

Indeed Smashie (Shinie) said that if Celtic hadn't been in the competitions we would have won cups galore and we'd be building a statue to McInnes not sacking him. Perhaps somebody should have told him that it wasn't just Celtic that was turfing as out of the Cups. Nor, do I know of a statue in existence for a man that led us to three league titles, three Scottish Cups on the bounce and another a year after, two European trophies and a League Cup.

These two couldn't care a jot about Aberdeen.  In my opinion, they're just a pair of self-serving parasites who are perfectly happy at the status quo as long as they reap their benefits and get to call the players by their first name. 

Dave Cormack would do well to get rid of these two. The club should be about striving to be better and there's no reason why the club and the fans shouldn't aim high. All  Smashie & Nicey did was trot out the West Coast themes of know your place and accept that The Gruesome Twosome win all the trophies. For me, that's a sackable offence (if indeed they are employed by the club which I don't know if they are?)..

The only person to speak with any degree of positivity in this podcast was Lee Mair. I won't even start on Darren Young or my blood pressure will be sky high.

Not much I disagree with but probably a bit harsh 🤣

It annoys me when they have Shinie there as an analyst. Why is he there giving his opinion on football? He's a fan like the rest of us. Probably another example of them keeping themselves in a job.

Agreed. Rob MacLean has certainly brought an air of professionalism to the RedTV coverage, and those two drag it back down. I for one cannot stand the cringeworthy bias, and sycophantic nonsense. When on occasion you get the opposition's commentary, they are almost always much more professional.

This is where I find Cormack quite hard to fathom. He seems quite switched on in terms of improving the fan experience & has high expectations for the club. If the rumours are true about bringing in a largely untested Glass, then it seems strange that he would bypass a rigorous application process for the managers post.