The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

BUTTERIES!!!!!!

I've not had one of those in ages.  Years ago I was seeing a bird from Bervie, and I can report that calling them rowies seemed to be the norm in that neck if the woods.  That and coach loads of drunken old firm arseholes when they were playing your mob.  Lovely, cultured gentlemen.  

41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aiberdeen rolls, loons.

It's a rowie for me. Butteries always sounded affa posh like. Aberdeen Rolls sounded like something that someone from ootwith the NE would come up with.

Just the butter for me please. Just to add a warm moist tasty fatty topping. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  And tea.

Abody's heart still working fine?

2 minutes ago, House Bartender said:

It's a rowie for me. Butteries always sounded affa posh like. Aberdeen Rolls sounded like something that someone from ootwith the NE would come up with.

Just the butter for me please. Just to add a warm moist tasty fatty topping. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  And tea.

Abody's heart still working fine?

That was the point.

AFAIR, my dad always called them rowies. However, I might have that wrong, and he maybe called them butteries. No matter, I still miss them.

Cormack came across really well in the Q and A. I'm feeling very positive about the clubs future under his guidance.

Another fantastic addition in Allan Russell. Thats one hell of a coup for the club. Given his highly regarded reputation, I'm really surprised he's joined us and is not already part of the coaching staff at an EPL side.

I wonder if Glass is considering loaning one of Mo Adams, Anton Walkes and/or Jake Mulraney. All British players playing for Atlanta. 

Three other players that might be of interest are Tony Gallagher, Johnny Russel and Danny Wilson who are playing their trade in the MLS. 

Most likely rubbish however someone on JKB is suggesting Charlie Mulgrew is joining us.

It's the most excited I've been about Aberdeen in the last few years.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Batteries or Rowies for me. Butteries is maybe a bit posher, however not pronouncing the T is acceptable.

Rolls is just wrong. I mind when I started working at the local shop, some posh boy asked for rolls and went off his nut when furnished with some softies. 

Calling them crispy morning rolls is even worse, mark of a real Tory.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Batteries or Rowies for me. Butteries is maybe a bit posher, however not pronouncing the T is acceptable.

Rolls is just wrong. I mind when I started working at the local shop, some posh boy asked for rolls and went off his nut when furnished with some softies. 

Calling them crispy morning rolls is even worse, mark of a real Tory.

It’s ages since I’ve heard them called softies. Growing up in Kinker, every Saturday morning I’d go with my mum to Middleton’s Bakers and get 6 butteries and 6 softies. 

Fair play to Dave Cormack he has a plan and has had the guts to go for it. If we are going for youth and player development we are likely to have more up and down periods though. I would take mid table years if we then have more competitive ones every few years and can win things again. As always a good start will keep fans onside, but I suspect it will take time to bed in which may test his resolve.

I quite like the idea of Rowies being sold on match day. I honestly believe it would be a popular food item for a lot of folk while watching Scott Brown and co dismantle The Rangers at Pittodrie. You could even buy the 'Cormack Rowie' which has Bacon in the middle. I'm all for it!

@Don exotic Cormack wants Aberdeen winning trophies every season and finishing as high up the league as possible. He isn't content with just third spot. Glass' Aberdeen side are going to shock a lot of doubters next season. A player like Scott Brown or a coach like Allan Russell doesn't sign on unless there are plans for something big and reassurance of backing etc. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I quite like the idea of Rowies being sold on match day. I honestly believe it would be a popular food item for a lot of folk while watching Scott Brown and co dismantle The Rangers at Pittodrie. You could even buy the 'Cormack Rowie' which has Bacon in the middle. I'm all for it!

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen given that butteries can be as hot as the sun's interior when just out the toaster.