The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Well, safe to say next weekend is a massive game. For pride more than anything given we can't actually get the good European spot anymore.

Edit: Next Wednesday rather.

2nd?

3rd is still there. A massive ask though.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

2nd?

I think 3rd will be shite for you regardless, as the winners of the Scottish Cup get the best remaining European spot.

In terms of Europe you'll, effectively, be finishing 4th this season regardless.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

2nd?

When I said good European spot, I wasn't referring to the Champions League spot. I was referring to the (essentially) direct entry to the Europa Conference League group stages, that goes to the cup winners, unless the cup is won by either of the top two; neither of whom are still in the competition obviously.

8 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Amazing what happens with McGeouch finally starting in that position. He was excellent today.

Was he? Thought he was ok.

I thought Livi deserved a draw over the 90 mins. Hard place to win though.

Thomas again a handful upfront.

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Was he? Thought he was ok.

I thought Livi deserved a draw over the 90 mins. Hard place to win though.

Thomas again a handful upfront.

I thought McGeouch was very good defensively but at times even more negative than Campbell on the ball.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think 3rd will be shite for you regardless, as the winners of the Scottish Cup get the best remaining European spot.

In terms of Europe you'll, effectively, be finishing 4th this season regardless.

I'm nor so fussed about the european spot as I am finishing as highly up the table as possible.

22 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

When I said good European spot, I wasn't referring to the Champions League spot. I was referring to the (essentially) direct entry to the Europa Conference League group stages, that goes to the cup winners, unless the cup is won by either of the top two; neither of whom are still in the competition obviously.

Is there much more money in the ECP then the Europa?

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

3rd obviously won’t be shite, don’t know why you would say that. 3rd would prove that we are the third best team in the country, and get us more prize money than finishing fourth.  It’s extremely unlikely that we will be third, given that we would have to get at least a point at Ibrox, and other results go our way, but it is a remote possibility.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm nor so fussed about the european spot as I am finishing as highly up the table as possible.

It's more that it'll be guaranteed ECL group football (still with the chance of EL groups).

It'll be significantly more money than getting to the 3rd qualifying round of the EL, that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've seen figures quoted of potentially 3 million for the conference group stages.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

I've seen figures quoted of potentially 3 million for the conference group stages.

That's a shame to miss out on then. Europa has a fair dip from the UCL. Expected to see the same from this.

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It's more that it'll be guaranteed ECL group football (still with the chance of EL groups).

It'll be significantly more money than getting to the 3rd qualifying round of the EL, that's for sure.

Yeah true.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's a shame to miss out on then. Europa has a fair dip from the UCL. Expected to see the same from this.

Yeah true.

Of course there's still the chance we can get into said ECL groups. We'll have to win three qualifying rounds. The playoff has the potential to be the calibre of team that usually knocks us out of the Europa League qualifiers.

Absolute nonsense that the Cup winners get that spot, but we knew that going into this season, and bottled it last week regardless.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

3rd obviously won’t be shite, don’t know why you would say that. 3rd would prove that we are the third best team in the country, and get us more prize money than finishing fourth.  It’s extremely unlikely that we will be third, given that we would have to get at least a point at Ibrox, and other results go our way, but it is a remote possibility.

Yeah, I made a point of saying it was in reference to Europe m8.

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

Of course there's still the chance we can get into said ECL groups. We'll have to win three qualifying rounds. The playoff has the potential to be the calibre of team that usually knocks us out of the Europa League qualifiers.

Absolute nonsense that the Cup winners get that spot, but we knew that going into this season, and bottled it last week regardless.

I hadn't realised the cup thing when I replied to you btw. You had me checking the league tables totally confused 🤣

21 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

So Dave Cormack lives next door to Davie MacCormark? I suppose Dave McCormack stays across the road.

Cormack Davidson bides roon' the corner.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I hadn't realised the cup thing when I replied to you btw. You had me checking the league tables totally confused 🤣

Yeh, it's not at all obvious, mainly because the cup is so frequently won by Celtic, the spot naturally falls to 3rd.