The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I have been very sceptical about that account in the past because it is usually either fairly non-committal stuff that would be difficult to fully disprove, or something Scott Burns reported ten minutes previously. 

37 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I have been very sceptical about that account in the past because it is usually either fairly non-committal stuff that would be difficult to fully disprove, or something Scott Burns reported ten minutes previously. 

That's what I thought too but I'm sure JJ Bull said on the herewego podcast that he spoke to someone at the club and they didn't know who the person running the account was and they were actively trying to find out.

On 01/05/2021 at 12:16, Merkland Red said:

I think folk from outwith Aberdeen wildly over estimate how many of the population are from here.

Also how many aberdonians leave the city. I think only one of my school pals still lives there, the rest in glasgow or edinburgh. 

I was initially tempted by a ST and I could afford the ticket alone, but I dont drive and so cant justify the travel and time out my weekends. 

4 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I was initially tempted by a ST and I could afford the ticket alone, but I dont drive and so cant justify the travel and time out my weekends. 

This pretty much describes me, but must admit that my interest in all things dandy has fallen off a cliff this season.

9 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Scott Burns now reporting that the Declan Gallagher deal is as good as done.

Mixed feelings about this one, to be honest. 

Me too. Given the reported interest from down South I really hope we haven't stretched ourselves too far (if true).

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Me too. Given the reported interest from down South I really hope we haven't stretched ourselves too far (if true).

Pretty sure I heard on here he had already bought a house in Dundee where he's from a while back so it might so it might just be a case of settling down rather than cash. Aberdeen seem to have upgraded on signing players who were decent up here 4 years ago to just the one so progression imo.

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'd imagine you'll be offering a very competitive package but he's just had another kid so if he's decided he doesn't want to relocate it means he can commute from Dundee, get a decent pay bump compared to what he's on just now (but less than his dream move to Celtic) and while he's a confident guy I'd imagine he'll feel he'll be a guaranteed first name on the team sheet at Aberdeen, which may not be the case if he moved South to a Cardiff or whatever.

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Pretty sure I heard on here he had already bought a house in Dundee where he's from a while back so it might so it might just be a case of settling down rather than cash. Aberdeen seem to have upgraded on signing players who were decent up here 4 years ago to just the one so progression imo.

Hopefully you're right but flipside of that is at his age it's probably his last chance to get a high earning contract. It's a decent signing if we're paying him a reasonable amount.

He is at the stage in his career where family and security are probably on a par.  If he was early 20’s I am sure he would take his chances to move south and further his career. 

imho opinion this would be a good move for both parties. Dec is a damn good central defender. Probably as good as Aberdeen could get for the package. He has international experience and may get more.

I would prefer him heading south but understand why he would choose a more local option. 

Underwhelmed a couple of fans say !

Q Aberdeen fans now expecting to be competing with Euro superpowers for players. It is what they do....get ahead of themselves. 

I'm not hugely surprised that Dons supporters would be whelmed about this TBH - Gallagher has been hugely underwhelming this season compared to last. If he recaptures his form from 19/20, they've got a great signing - if they get the 20/21 model, they've got a jobber Premiership centre half.

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Underwhelmed a couple of fans say !

Q Aberdeen fans now expecting to be competing with Euro superpowers for players. It is what they do....get ahead of themselves. 

Almost every Motherwell fan is on your page saying they couldn't care less if he leaves for Aberdeen. What is there to be excited about?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Totally on point.

About to sign an established Scotland International defender and you and A N other said you were underwhelmed. When Motherwell signed Dec we were all very pleased. He has since gone on to get deserved International recognition. 

Capiche ? 
Do You Understand Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Totally on point.

About to sign an established Scotland International defender and you and A N other said you were underwhelmed. When Motherwell signed Dec we were all very pleased. He has since gone on to get deserved International recognition. 

Capiche ? 
Do You Understand Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

If you can point out where me and A N other said 'underwhelmed'' literally on this very page then...

the bit of your post I quoted is still drivel.