The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

59 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

St Johnstone fans won't be happy.

Surely not a position we need.

If he’s a Kenny McLean type , then that’s exactly the sort of player we’ve needed since McLean left. More than any other position.

1 minute ago, A96 said:

If he’s a Kenny McLean type , then that’s exactly the sort of player we’ve needed since McLean left. More than any other position.

I would agree but there's already several too many for the centre of the park.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Let's be honest if it was a straight choice between double winners St Johnstone and downward spiralling Aberdeen then there's only going to be one winner.

We even feed you our 4th choice strikers on loan ffs.

Maybe his agent told him you refer to yourselves as ‘the saintees’. 

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Let's be honest if it was a straight choice between double winners St Johnstone and downward spiralling Aberdeen then there's only going to be one winner.

We even feed you our 4th choice strikers on loan ffs.

I remember how excited you boys were to sign ours 😊

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I remember how excited you boys were to sign ours 😊

Tbf he's scored more goals in the past 12 months than any Aberdeen striker...

Saw that the next Union Berlin kit has apparently leaked and given their current kit is 99% the same as our current one there's a reasonable chance this could be ours as well.

Would be pretty happy if so as it's a big improvement on this year's home top.

That's assuming we're still with Adidas etc.

union-berlin-21-22-kit-2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Saw that the next Union Berlin kit has apparently leaked and given their current kit is 99% the same as our current one there's a reasonable chance this could be ours as well.

I don't think there has been anything to say we are not with Adidas.

I'd be happy enough with that.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think there has been anything to say we are not with Adidas.

I'd be happy enough with that.

Yeah I remember they released that interview at the start of the season where Wicks was going on about how amazing Adidas were as a partner and they were close to signing a new deal so I just assumed it was a matter of time before it'd be announced.

They've been fairly vague with shirt and sponsorship deals announcements in recent years so wouldn't be surprised if a 'multi-year' deal is mentioned when the new strip is revealed in the next couple of weeks or so. I'm assuming the shirt sponsorship deal isn't up for renewal as well but hard to tell with the aforesaid vagueness.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah I remember they released that interview at the start of the season where Wicks was going on about how amazing Adidas were as a partner and they were close to signing a new deal so I just assumed it was a matter of time before it'd be announced.

They've been fairly vague with shirt and sponsorship deals announcements in recent years so wouldn't be surprised if a 'multi-year' deal is mentioned when the new strip is revealed in the next couple of weeks or so. I'm assuming the shirt sponsorship deal isn't up for renewal as well but hard to tell with the aforesaid vagueness.

Yeah. It will be mentioned somewhere in the new strip reveal but ignored as everyone has a meltdown about the away strip.

19 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That's sexy as f**k. Hopefully if that is it they don't do anything daft with the away strip. Inverse of the above with black shorts and white socks please.

17 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

That's sexy as f**k. Hopefully if that is it they don't do anything daft with the away strip. Inverse of the above with black shorts and white socks please.

Yeah feels like a long time since we've done that with our away top. Nearly always seems to be another,more bland template for the away kits.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. It will be mentioned somewhere in the new strip reveal but ignored as everyone has a meltdown about the away strip.

True. Thought last season's away top wasn't too bad even with the stupid band across the middle after a few duds in a row. Quite a few of them looked decent enough in the reveal but when you saw them in use they looked a lot worse.