The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

The article makes clear that even if a deal is agreed getting a work permit could be difficult and likely would need to go through an appeal.

It also makes it sound like the loan of RB Jack Gurr from Atlanta is definitely happening.

Scott Burns is some boy with all the inside info.

5 strikers on the shortlist... interesting

and yes seems like Gurr is a done deal.

Poor effort from Scott this time though being beat to the exclusive by @Dad

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

The article makes clear that even if a deal is agreed getting a work permit could be difficult and likely would need to go through an appeal.

It also makes it sound like the loan of RB Jack Gurr from Atlanta is definitely happening.

Would think his wages would be an issue as well as list published by MLS has them being USD 775,000 before bonuses. 

3 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I know it’s early days. But are alarm bells of “this could easily descend into a farce” ringing to anyone else? 

Not really yet no. Maybe once a few more players are in I might be a bit more optimistic or pessimistic but very much still in the wait and see stage.

4 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

I know it’s early days. But are alarm bells of “this could easily descend into a farce” ringing to anyone else? 

Already? 

ghjghj.gif.d787a1315104586eb9a69075b253f649.gif

So far we have:

Confirmed

1. International Midfielder/coach 
  2. International defender
  3. back up striker

Rumours (love Fleetwood Mac btw)

1. A youngish right back on loan 
  2. An international striker.
  3. A  youngish soon to be international midfielder .
  4. L1/ Championship defender

What are you expecting at this stage realistically Monkman? 

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Saw that but even a 50% cut would still be sitting above what we pay normally. 

I'm not sure what constitutes a "major hit" or have a clue about what we pay "normally" and I also know SFA about his current financial situation but I do know Mr Burns is (as stated earlier) rarely far off the mark, which to me is the most surprising thing considering the rag he works for.😉

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

So we are trading a 17 International cap full back for a 25 year old geordie who has played one professional game. Fucking wow.

I don't get this Hernandez hype. Is it based solely on the fee (Atlanta's money anyway imo), his caps or his outstanding performance's in a red shirt?

7 hours ago, ScottishZizou said:

Since the moment Scott Brown was announced. Plus a defender who's been jailed for assault, a coach who's been done for a drink driving incident, the way Shay Logan left, the Ferguson transfer request... I don't have the feeling that we're going to be hiring the right people for team harmony and chemistry. Whatever else you think about McInnes, he generally built a team of good guys who worked well together and seemed proud to be here doing well (and that I was quite proud to have represent us) . In contrast to McGhee's era where I thought a lot of the players were arseholes, or the shambles of Brown making Foster captain. I can't think of a time I was embarrassed for our club in the whole McInnes era, and that's changing already. 

I can see us looking down the barrel of some messy banter years tbh. I hope I'm wrong though. 

5 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Already? 

ghjghj.gif.d787a1315104586eb9a69075b253f649.gif

So far we have:

Confirmed

1. International Midfielder/coach 
  2. International defender
  3. back up striker

Rumours (love Fleetwood Mac btw)

1. A youngish right back on loan 
  2. An international striker.
  3. A  youngish soon to be international midfielder .
  4. L1/ Championship defender

What are you expecting at this stage realistically Monkman? 

I'm not sure what constitutes a "major hit" or have a clue about what we pay "normally" and I also know SFA about his current financial situation but I do know Mr Burns is (as stated earlier) rarely far off the mark, which to me is the most surprising thing considering the rag he works for.😉

I don't get this Hernandez hype. Is it based solely on the fee (Atlanta's money anyway imo), his caps or his outstanding performance's in a red shirt?

It’s probably unfair to say this early when I can’t even articulate it. 
I think primarily it’s because I can see us becoming one of those squads where they have some reasonably high profile names but they are over the hill in their 30’s, possibly supplemented with young guys and we are missing a lot of guys in their “peak” years. Our best squads of recent times have had guys in the best years of their career (Shinnie, considine, mcginn, Hayes, Rooney etc). But I should wait to judge when we can see what we are actually dealing with. It just feels a little Football Manager which is maybe just due to the high player turnover, I really hope I’m wrong and I can’t put my finger on it exactly.
I don’t buy the we are filling the club with wrong’uns argument, I’m sure a front three of peak Ronaldo, Suarez and Maradona would do just fine but they are all alleged of horrible misdemeanours. 

edit to add: Also just no idea as to what’s happening with the MLS connection? Are we going to organically turn into a sort of testing ground for players over there? A league where guys are famously over paid for the mediocre quality, it just doesn’t seem a sensible market to be operating in and the lack of clarity is concerning. 

Edited by ScottishZizou

2 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

Since the moment Scott Brown was announced. Plus a defender who's been jailed for assault, a coach who's been done for a drink driving incident, the way Shay Logan left, the Ferguson transfer request... I don't have the feeling that we're going to be hiring the right people for team harmony and chemistry. Whatever else you think about McInnes, he generally built a team of good guys who worked well together and seemed proud to be here doing well (and that I was quite proud to have represent us) . In contrast to McGhee's era where I thought a lot of the players were arseholes, or the shambles of Brown making Foster captain. I can't think of a time I was embarrassed for our club in the whole McInnes era, and that's changing already. 

I can see us looking down the barrel of some messy banter years tbh. I hope I'm wrong though. 

What was wrong with the way Shay Logan left?!

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

What was wrong with the way Shay Logan left?!

In isolation, not much, just a feeling I get when it all adds up. A good, long term player, who obviously loved his time here and is held in good regard by the fans, getting shunted off on loan without a farewell. We then play a teenager or a forward in his position for the remainder of the season. Plus combined with the Celtic/Brown history, it just felt like we weren't looking after our own any more. 

Maybe not rational, just didn't sit right. There are red flags in how we're doing business lately

2 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

In isolation, not much, just a feeling I get when it all adds up. A good, long term player, who obviously loved his time here and is held in good regard by the fans, getting shunted off on loan without a farewell. We then play a teenager or a forward in his position for the remainder of the season. Plus combined with the Celtic/Brown history, it just felt like we weren't looking after our own any more. 

Maybe not rational, just didn't sit right. There are red flags in how we're doing business lately

He had an extension that would be automatically triggered if he played an amount of games and was long past his best. Was very lucky to get his contract extended a couple of years ago.

He's also been allowed to miss at least a days training every week to visit his kids down south. The club have done very well by Shay.