The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And the Kennedy fee allowed us to bring in Jamie McCart, who has turned into a vital player.

Hopefully Murray Davidson continues injuring players if this is how it all works out.

He will.

Latest Mainstandmoan post over on Aberdeen mad

Lots going on in the background. Very likely to be at least 1 signing announced this week. One of them likely to be Jackson Irvine. Maybe another as well, if we can include Kennedy in the deal. Things changing on a daily basis with agents playing hardball.

Griffiths deal officially dead.

Falkirk snooping around someone familiar to us as their new manager..............

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I'm sure his records not perfect but he has been pretty good in the past.

Interesting. Irvine's potentially a good signing but if we are looking at more centre mids i doubt we're even contemplating trying to keep Ferguson and wonder if another may be off too. 

Interesting. Irvine's potentially a good signing but if we are looking at more centre mids i doubt we're even contemplating trying to keep Ferguson and wonder if another may be off too. 

Would be sensible to plan for Ferguson being away so we aren’t left short-handed - the right offer might arrive a week from the window closing and suddenly we are scrambling for signings when most have already gone

Am I the only one who doesn’t mind Kennedy? Robbed of form and confidence and had to play the year as a wingback which hardly helped him. I still think he was a decent creative outlet and one of the few who could beat a defender occasionally

1 minute ago, SamuraiJock said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t mind Kennedy? Robbed of form and confidence and had to play the year as a wingback which hardly helped him. I still think he was a decent creative outlet and one of the few who could beat a defender occasionally

I agree to an extent - he did have a relatively poor season, but I think he can claim some mitigating circumstances. I was listening to The Terrace a couple of weeks back where they ranked and discussed attacking midfielders. They read out a heap of categories where Kennedy scored really highly compared to most other attacking midfielders in the league, which sort of surprised me. I wanted to see him get a run centrally behind the striker last season when we were really struggling for creativity, which is apparently where he did some of his best work at St Johnstone, but McInnes seemed reluctant to use him there, even when he deviated from the 3-4-3. 

I don't mind Kennedy either, he has been a bit disappointing so far obviously but I think he can do better If getting a consistent run in a team that isn't lacking confidence.

Still not sure I can see either Irvine or Boyle coming to us. Also McGrath getting a call up for Ireland today probably works agaisnt our chances too. I know Ireland are dogshit just now but still another thing that could be used to drive his price up.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

I don't mind Kennedy either, he has been a bit disappointing so far obviously but I think he can do better If getting a consistent run in a team that isn't lacking confidence.

Still not sure I can see either Irvine or Boyle coming to us. Also McGrath getting a call up for Ireland today probably works agaisnt our chances too. I know Ireland are dogshit just now but still another thing that could be used to drive his price up.

Another £1 million onto his fee I hear.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Another £1 million onto his fee I hear.:rolleyes:

That wasn't a criticism by the way. St Mirren should be doing that as much as they can. I'm sure the hope is to get clubs down south who'll pay far more than we will involved. Him potentially being involved in International games would no doubt attract more interest.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

That wasn't a criticism by the way. St Mirren should be doing that as much as they can. I'm sure the hope is to get clubs down south who'll pay far more than we will involved. Him potentially being involved in International games would no doubt attract more interest.

IIRC Goodwin had spoken to Kennedy before he signed his PCA with Aberdeen. Factor in that we're probably going to lose Durmus and Connolly, we're definitely on the look out for a creative wide player.

Having said that, like yourselves with Ferguson, we will be looking for an exorbitant amount of money for McGrath. As you say, his involvement with Ireland and a potential international debut, will raise his profile.

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Still not sure I can see either Irvine or Boyle coming to us.

I am not sure you would want Irvine - arrived understandably short of match fitness, and after gaining it hasnt really done enough to impress. Who knows, maybe with a good pre season? He will also cost a bundle in salary.

Boyle got that contract clause inserted in case a club comes in and offers him life changing money - he is really happy here (so is his wife) and I just dont see him uprooting for similar money in a sideways career move to Aberdeen when he would in all probability get a truckload more money down south.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I am not sure you would want Irvine - arrived understandably short of match fitness, and after gaining it hasnt really done enough to impress. Who knows, maybe with a good pre season? He will also cost a bundle in salary.

Boyle got that contract clause inserted in case a club comes in and offers him life changing money - he is really happy here (so is his wife) and I just dont see him uprooting for similar money in a sideways career move to Aberdeen when he would in all probability get a truckload more money down south.

Don't disagree regarding Boyle. Unlikely any deal offered by us would have that much of an improvement in wages especially after paying a fee on top of it and as much as it could be a sentimental move to be closer to home for him and his wife at his age I'm sure he's looking for a 3-4 year deal down south to set him up towards the end of his career.

Irvine - it's hard to get your head round why we'd be interested. We already had too many centre mids and we have Brown and Ojo added to that already. So we can ship out a couple centre mids and still not need one.

Kennedy - Did well at St Johnstone so I wouldn't be surprised if other clubs are happy to take a punt on him for free (or even probably subsidised)