The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

In what way was it an embarrassment? Dave Cormack made this happen. There are plenty of photos of Sir Alex on his own with the statue. Anyone who found that to be embarrassing has an agenda.

I was at the event and the photoshoot only took about 1 minute. Watching it on RedTV it was the photographer that called Cormark up so got that wrong. 

Edited by betting competition

53 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Why are Celtic/Hibs fans all over Christian Ramirez on social media calling him a grass? What have I missed?

Originally it was because he posted a gif of Porteous hitting him in the nuts and Porteous eventually got a ban, no idea if something else has happened more recently.

56 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Originally it was because he posted a gif of Porteous hitting him in the nuts and Porteous eventually got a ban, no idea if something else has happened more recently.

Because the authorities are famously unable to take action based on highlights footage off of Sportscene. 

The actual reason is because they are fucking twats. Particularly stupid ones at that. 

On 25/02/2022 at 18:00, kingjoey said:

What Frank says. I’m in tears again...

Especially poignant for me, as it was the last time my dad was in Pittodrie with me.

Also how many supporters of other teams have woken up thinking did that really happen, and "oh,ma heid"

39 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Especially poignant for me, as it was the last time my dad was in Pittodrie with me.

Also how many supporters of other teams have woken up thinking did that really happen, and "oh,ma heid"

A great memory to have. Unfortunately my dad died the month before and wasn’t around for all the great stuff.

12 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Originally it was because he posted a gif of Porteous hitting him in the nuts and Porteous eventually got a ban, no idea if something else has happened more recently to annoy the permanently victimised.

There you go

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

A great memory to have. Unfortunately my dad died the month before and wasn’t around for all the great stuff.

Sorry to hear that.

My grandfather bought a season ticket after returning from WW I

He held that ticket for 63 consecutive seasons.

He was able to watch the ECWC Final (compos mentis) in the nursing home.

He passed 5 weeks later in his 90th year.

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

Any Dons fans know when, prior to yesterday, the last 3pm Saturday sell out was?

I would think it was the first match ever against the Rangers. 

https://www.afc.co.uk/2016/09/23/sold-out-aberdeen-v-rangers-sun-25th-sep/

Edited by betting competition

5 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I thought Kennedy looked a lot closer to the player we signed from St Johnstone than he has the past 18 months.

Derek had the wingers trying to cover a bit too much ground in the latter years. Kennedy didn't really have the pace for it.

I also think Ramirez needs be asked to chase less lost causes early in the game. He runs out of legs later in the match when there is more space.

3 hours ago, starryfish said:

Any Dons fans know when, prior to yesterday, the last 3pm Saturday sell out was?

Not sell-outs but there has certainly been two matches against Hearts that were in excess of 18,000 and played on Saturday at 3pm in recent memory

27th December 2008 Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts (Lee Miller) 18,021

30th December 2017 Aberdeen 0-0 Hearts 18,371

The attendance yesterday was officially 18,719 which certainly a lower "sell-out" capacity that we've seen previously.

49 minutes ago, Scotty Ramone said:

Sorry to hear that.

My grandfather bought a season ticket after returning from WW I

He held that ticket for 63 consecutive seasons.

He was able to watch the ECWC Final (compos mentis) in the nursing home.

He passed 5 weeks later in his 90th year.

That's lovely.

25 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Not sell-outs but there has certainly been two matches against Hearts that were in excess of 18,000 and played on Saturday at 3pm in recent memory

27th December 2008 Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts (Lee Miller) 18,021

30th December 2017 Aberdeen 0-0 Hearts 18,371

The attendance yesterday was officially 18,719 which certainly a lower "sell-out" capacity that we've seen previously.

Aye May 1995 looking the favourite then. Crazy!