The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I could well be. I had it in my head Samson only came in on the day of the game. Seem to remember finding out on the way to for park. 

Just a bit of joshing. Same as you, I found out when I was actually in the ground, but pretty sure he actually signed on the Friday.

33 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Because no success was good enough for the most delusional fanbase in the history of the game. Anyone would tire of delivering consistent success that your employer hadn't seen for decades and still being a hate figure to a bunch of fannies.

Well you are an angry man. 

Try a few episodes of Only Fools and Horses, you will be smiling again. 

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm with @HalfCutNinja on this one. Deek was a gem. I remember the Aberdeen fans had had enough of the man and I asked at the time who could they possibly get in who would do as good a job as he had done? Sadly Aberdeen's fans delusions of grandeur resulted in him being pushed out rather than sticking by him during a tricky period. You could perhaps be forgiven if Cormack had made a statement managerial signing, a big name that shows Aberdeen mean business. Instead you went with rookie Stephen Glass and then replaced him with Jim Goodwin FFS. It's laughable.

Hell mend you all.

It was time for McInnes to go regardless of who we were bringing in. He was a fantastic manager for us but results, performances and recruitment were regressing significantly. We’re still bearing the brunt of the horrendous signings made in recent years and the structure of the club had to change. McInnes was given a clean slate to run the whole football operation by Milne and it wasn’t a healthy situation to be in.

Its a fairly similar situation to Tommy Wright at your own club. Did a great job but time for a change, even though both clubs’ league records suffered following their respective departures.

That’s not to mention the fact that we’d scored just once in the nine games prior to his departure.

2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

And spent millions to go backwards then at best stand still. All to placate a delusional fanbase that hated the guy, despite him doing a wonderful job, purely because he's a 'Rangers man' (so is Alex Ferguson btw you teuchter wallopers) despite him literally turning Rangers down to stay at Aberdeen.

My concern is Scottish football btw. I don't hate Aberdeen. I think Scottish football needs a strong Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts. And for the first time in decades McInnes had delivered that. Only for it to be ruined by a fanbase of delusional spoilt brats.

shut up. man-destroys-pc-harold-slikk-new.gif

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Deek was a gem. 

Ah interesting you used the past tense there.

When did he cease his gem like status in your eyes?

Was it when his most attractive job offer after us was in the Championship with Killie?

He was a gem for us but he stopped being a gem around the late summer of 2017 and started becoming a very lacklustre, uber-defensive, extremely well compensated and unambitious coach who liked to sign Greg Stewart and Dom Ball periodically.

So  that drunken ninja and you can stop your Chick Young/BBC Radio Weeg guff about 'delusions of grandeur'...we just want a winning team on the park like fans of every other club but in Scotland only Tweedledee and Tweedledum are allowed success.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Jim Goodwin will come good. 

Needs to change the formation. His record playing 352 was garbage - the moment he switched from that, we went on a decent run and Aberdeen appointed him.

13 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

No it's not it's the perfect example because even the greatest had similar runs of form. So to hound a manager who's proven to be successful out of the door because of such a run of form is idiotic.

What do you mean 'numerous trophies '? See what I mean you're fucking delusional. You've won one trophy in 30 years and guess who won that? So success for Aberdeen is not winning numerous trophies it's exactly what McInnes was delivering. You'll never understand cause you're delusional.

You are still pushing this point. Ferguson even pre Man Utd had proven himself at Aberdeen. Comparing any other manager to the best ever to try and justify why any amount of shit football and results is tolerable is really really stupid.

I brought up the numerous trophies because if you can use Ferguson as a ridiculous pointless comparison with Mcinnes so can I!

We haven't only won 1 trophy in 30 years as it happens. You do enjoy being wrong!

Delusional? That's a pretty strong word to use when you are just choosing to ignore all the facts people are giving against you in terms of Mcinnes.

By your logic no team who ever had a good run under a manager should ever sack him. Why is Ivan Golac not still Dundee Utd manager? You delusional UTD fans thinking you could do better than a man who won a trophy Jim McLean couldn't 😁

14 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Come on folks, we really don’t need to do the mcinnes dance again, do we? 

It was very topical discussion from fans I spoke to before and after the game on Wednesday night. Few quite angry as they was McInnes supporters and hate the way the club has gone since he has left.

I don't really like to speak about McInnes but if he got the cash Goodwin got we would be a lot better off. I'm prepared to give Goodwin a bit of time to get it right, but if he doesn't qualify for Europe then we should replace him.   

Edited by betting competition

14 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aberdeen have never been as good since McInnes left despite increasing investment. Because he did a brilliant job and it still wasn't enough for the most delusional fanbase in the world.

McInnes did well but to say he did brilliant is pushing it. We had the 2nd biggest budget in the league when Rangers, Hearts and Hibernian were all languishing in the lower leagues so he didn't achieve anything above what should he have. The football in the last 18 months of his time in charge was brutal to watch.

Where we have failed is 2 poor appointments since McInnes left. 

Edited by highland_mechanic

59 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It was very topical discussion from fans I spoke to before and after the game on Wednesday night. Few quite angry as they was McInnes supporters and hate the way the club has gone since he has left.

I don't really like to speak about McInnes but if he got the cash Goodwin got we would be a lot better off. I'm prepared to give Goodwin a bit of time to get it right, but if he doesn't qualify for Europe then we should replace him.   

There’s legitimate conversations to have about him, he’s the benchmark for any modern AFC manager, so comparisons will continue until someone betters it. 

I was referring specifically to the inference that he should never have left and hell mend us everytime we lose a few games. 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

I don't really like to speak about McInnes but if he got the cash Goodwin got we would be a lot better off.  

And McInnes would've been a lot better off too because we were paying him reputedly 17k a week which, I imagine (I hope) is a lot less than Goodwin.

Goodwin isn't working out just like Glass didn't but that doesn't mean McInnes is/was the answer because he wasn't working out either by the time he left.

We're in a different Scottish football environment than we were when Delboy was at his peak as Aberdeen manager.

Fans need to stop applying what happened in the past to what happens today.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Needs to change the formation. His record playing 352 was garbage - the moment he switched from that, we went on a decent run and Aberdeen appointed him.

Jim's last season with us was all over the place. We were 11 matches without a win (from mid October until we came back from the winter break in January) and were level on points with Dundee and 2 off the bottom at the break. Like you say when he did change things in January it immediately improved us, we got 4 wins and a draw and Aberdeen hired him.

I was a bit surprised that he got the Dons job over others and posted on here at the time that he'd hardly heather alight with us and he'd need luck with the Aberdeen job. I know some Dons saw that as a Saints fan just being bitter about losing the manager, but genuinely felt that if poor runs were half as bad as Saints ones whilst remaining as stubborn on formations etc the knives would be out. 

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Jim's last season with us was all over the place. We were 11 matches without a win (from mid October until we came back from the winter break in January) and were level on points with Dundee and 2 off the bottom at the break. Like you say when he did change things in January it immediately improved us, we got 4 wins and a draw and Aberdeen hired him.

I was a bit surprised that he got the Dons job over others and posted on here at the time that he'd hardly heather alight with us and he'd need luck with the Aberdeen job. I know some Dons saw that as a Saints fan just being bitter about losing the manager, but genuinely felt that if poor runs were half as bad as Saints ones whilst remaining as stubborn on formations etc the knives would be out. 

Three wins in the first twenty league matches for Saints last season before the run of wins prior to Aberdeen coming calling.

On 29/12/2022 at 11:33, Sortmeout said:

I’m also not buying that Goodwin travels to away games separately from the players.

I saw Goodwin in Robroyston Asda the night before the St Mirren game. I am assuming he spends time with family when the Dons are down in the central belt for an away game. Potentially the team could've been staying overnight nearby but I believe he is East Dumbartonshire based 

14 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Ah interesting you used the past tense there.

When did he cease his gem like status in your eyes?

Was it when his most attractive job offer after us was in the Championship with Killie?

He was a gem for us but he stopped being a gem around the late summer of 2017 and started becoming a very lacklustre, uber-defensive, extremely well compensated and unambitious coach who liked to sign Greg Stewart and Dom Ball periodically.

So  that drunken ninja and you can stop your Chick Young/BBC Radio Weeg guff about 'delusions of grandeur'...we just want a winning team on the park like fans of every other club but in Scotland only Tweedledee and Tweedledum are allowed success.

Amen.

That ninja clown was just regurgitating weegie based cliched drivel