The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You're not giving up, are you? So after they sell only 400 of the 1700 tickets that we give them for the South Stand, in the few days before the game you propose that all these South Stand tickets are magically transferred to the Main Stand?

Well, hypothetically, you could keep the south stand away section and the main stand away section free of season ticket holders and utilise the two options based on expected numbers.

Of course it's a moot point until we get our attendances up to where they should be.

10 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Well, hypothetically, you could keep the south stand away section and the main stand away section free of season ticket holders and utilise the two options based on expected numbers.

Of course it's a moot point until we get our attendances up to where they should be.

Can we stop now?

I haven't  bothered too much with this discussion, although I might've sparked it by asking how many points were required for a ticket.

However, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, if Dave Cormack builds his 16,000 stadium then we will also be allocating a very low amount of tickets to the away support.

I'm sure no Aberdeen fan would complain under those circumstances.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

53 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I haven't  bothered too much with this discussion, although I might've sparked it by asking how many points were required for a ticket.

However, I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, if Dave Cormack builds his 16,000 stadium then we will also be allocating a very low amount of tickets to the away support.

I'm sure no Aberdeen fan would complain under those circumstances.

16,000 is an idiotic limit.

We’ve had a good few attendances over that this season, with another one next weekend. 

18,000 feels about right.

That said, I’m sick of hearing about the saga of a new stadium. 

I agree, the new stadium talk under Milne was just used as tool so he didn't have to do any improvements (or general maintenance even) to Pittodrie.

The amount of money Cormack is talking about, we'd be as well just slowly starting to develop Pittodrie into a stadium fit for the modern day so it didn't have to hoover up cash every year.

If we were to spend £60 million or whatever the price tag is on a stadium, we'd probably end up relegated because I don't think we could build a stadium for that kind of money AND have a competitive team on the pitch without bankrupting the club.

It's time for Cormack to accept it won't (or it's not feasible) happen and start slowly improving our stadium so the fans can be proud of Pittodrie once again.

When I first started going in the 1980s, it was a great stadium with a great atmosphere when full. The building of the Dick Donald and the arrival of Milne started the decline.

And a new redeveloped Pittodrie doesn't need to be as big as the old one (I mean the 1980s 24,000 capacity) but could be 18,000 to 19,000.

If Cormack was able to transform Pittodrie once again then that would be a fantastic leagcy to leave to the city.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

The new stadium will never happen 

Correct. About time the club stopped wasting money on pie in the sky new stadium ideas and just redeveloped Pittodrie one stand at a time. 

I'll be in Glasgow (to see the Osees 😎) when Hearts play Aberdeen and I'm heading out to the Albion Rovers match but does anyone know if The Rock is still run by an Aberdeen fan and if they are likely to be showing the Hearts match?

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'll be in Glasgow (to see the Osees 😎) when Hearts play Aberdeen and I'm heading out to the Albion Rovers match but does anyone know if The Rock is still run by an Aberdeen fan and if they are likely to be showing the Hearts match?

I was in the Rock before a Sevco game last season (the 2-2 game) and it was very busy with dandies 

Fairly certain it’s still the go to for Weegie Reds 

Not sure if they have access to the dodgy channels that will facilitate the game that day though 

I know it's the Dons and we're quite capable of messing this up, but I'd rather be 5 points ahead of Hearts with 4 games to go and hoping we don't do anything silly, as 5 points behind Hearts with 4 games to go and praying for a miracle.

Especially as they were going to have third wrapped up before the end of March...

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I know it's the Dons and we're quite capable of messing this up, but I'd rather be 5 points ahead of Hearts with 4 games to go and hoping we don't do anything silly, as 5 points behind Hearts with 4 games to go and praying for a miracle.

This is profound stuff 

25 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Especially as they were going to have third wrapped up before the end of March...

Jeez, old guy!