The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think it's alright, but anything was likely to be a downgrade from last season's effort. 

I don't see much wrong with it, but I won't be looking at it every week.

46 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Boskalis> Texo

A decent pic of a real person wearing one that fits make a difference tbf.

That being said as unoffensive as I find it I'm with @tarapoa on this.

Screenshot_20230711-114312_Twitter.thumb.jpg.5618f7dac7e0924aa09674b8b9dfaf4a.jpg

Looks much better with the smaller letters of the Boskalis logo. 

Half decent strip but would have been happier if they announced it was for two years - like some other clubs have done this year.

Dons home tops have been pretty boring for a while now. I was talking to a mate there about your 1995 Northsound effort which is your best strip of the last 20 years. I'd love it if there were risks taken (as with your away top) but you're never going to get that with Adidas. It's the same safe dull top each time.

This seasons home and Away. I honestly think they are both really neat looking. I'd argue last seasons home top was the best we've had in many many years. The blue away top under Glass was also smart. With us being in Europe will we see a third top?

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 9.32.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 9.31.29 AM.png

Edited by HarleyQuinn

39 minutes ago, velo army said:

Dons home tops have been pretty boring for a while now. I was talking to a mate there about your 1995 Northsound effort which is your best strip of the last 20 years. I'd love it if there were risks taken (as with your away top) but you're never going to get that with Adidas. It's the same safe dull top each time.

In the last four years we’ve had huge white collar/sleeves, blue round the neck, pinstripes and now gold trim, all pretty varied imo. The later McInnes year kits were quite similar though.

I’d rather have a fairly safe home kit and wacky away kit personally.

39 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

This seasons home and Away. I honestly think they are both really neat looking. I'd argue last seasons home top was the best we've had in many many years. The blue away top under Glass was also smart. With us being in Europe will we see a third top?

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 9.32.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 9.31.29 AM.png

Third top is last seasons away. That's why they are always alternating colours each year.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Surely you’re not including last seasons home top? Was a beauty 

It's a no from me, can only hope we're playing a team in red in the Europa League final so it's the away strip that will go down in history. 

Would be more than happy with something resembling this sexy number every year, personally. A thing of beauty! (The strip isn't bad either)

New-Aberdeen-Strip-2016-17.jpg

Edited by Iminavest

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Not sure I'd agree with that. We've had some really dull years but last year's home, the previous pin stripe effort posted above and the dark blue and black away kits we've had in the last ten years or so have been pretty good for me.

Also not trying to depress you or anything but 1995 was 28 years ago so it's not the best anything of the last 20 years. :)

36 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

It's a no from me, can only hope we're playing a team in red in the Europa League final so it's the away strip that will go down in history. 

Would be more than happy with something resembling this sexy number every year, personally. A thing of beauty! (The strip isn't bad either)

New-Aberdeen-Strip-2016-17.jpg

If we’d worn that against Celtic in the Cup Final instead of switching to the next season’s kit then we would’ve taken the trophy home.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

If we’d worn that against Celtic in the Cup Final instead of switching to the next season’s kit then we would’ve taken the trophy home.

Yes. So many good memories of pinstripe kit some great games. The one we wore for the final was the start of the downfall and change in the team. 

39 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Yes. So many good memories of pinstripe kit some great games. The one we wore for the final was the start of the downfall and change in the team. 

What a team we had then. Quality, balanced midfield three, front three racking up the goals and assists, solid defenders like Considine, Reynolds and Logan with Lewis behind them, Maddison and then Christie coming in with a bit of flair.

Scored 4 in a game 3 times, 5 once, 6 once and 7 twice. 31/47 wins domestically. Only undone by an unstoppable Celtic team under Rodgers.

We still did pretty well in the next two seasons, particularly putting the tribute act in their place, but we never hit those heights.