The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Scott Burns reporting we are in advanced talks with a few players and Hendrick will likely choose an English Championship side over us if presented the opportunity.

He also said of Allan Campbell that "will not be Happening".

Also forget about Mattie Pollock signing as he "is not an active option".

Glad the Mattie Pollock one has been settled. Would have liked to see him back but the constant posts on twitter about him getting boring. If he was keen it would happened before. 

18 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Campbell might not be happening but there seems to be a good chance that Baccus is.

Headline almost writes itself if it goes through.

Something, something...St. Mirren in double hit from Aberdeen in one week.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

3-5-2 has to go. Served a purpose but it's killing us now.

You know its fucked when youre forcing wingers to be wing backs and refusing to allow CMs freedom to attack just to play the shape.

Davidson-esque set up, and stubbornness over the shape, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You know its fucked when youre forcing wingers to be wing backs and refusing to allow CMs freedom to attack just to play the shape.

Davidson-esque set up, and stubbornness over the shape, I'm afraid.

Wing backs having to cover too much ground so either defence or attack are isolated.

1 minute ago, DukDukGoose said:

Wing backs having to cover too much ground so either defence or attack are isolated.

Aye.

Did Hacken play the 3 up front in the first leg too? It was kind of obvious pretty early that Morris was struggling to defend and they were sitting folk high to exploit that. Unsure why it never changed at any point for Aberdeen.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye.

Did Hacken play the 3 up front in the first leg too? It was kind of obvious pretty early that Morris was struggling to defend and they were sitting folk high to exploit that. Unsure why it never changed at any point for Aberdeen.

They did. Was a bit more end to end than tonight then they shat themselves after we scored.

You could play that Same starting line up we had tonight in a 4-3-3 easily.

Aye. Absolutely wedded to 3-5-2. We have zero in game tactical nous to tweak the formation or system - we only rotate players and hope for a reaction. 

Playing 3 on 3 at the back leaves so little margin for error and is asking a hellavah lot from your wing backs…… especially when one of them is Morris. At the other end of the pitch, you just can’t miss sitters like that repeatedly to succeed at this level. 

Clutching for some positives tonight…. I thought we played some nice stuff in spells and overall I thought Jensen looked decent. McGarry was great first half but tired. 

Edited by bpdon

49 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Also our opponents know how what we will do each week in terms of planning their tactics/formation. I hope we are preparing other options in training.

37 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

100%.

2 wins in 11. We went for the cheap option with Robson. 

CBA with the Hibs match this weekend.

We went with the option that turned around our absolute embarrassment of a season to mean that we could even compete in this tie - and have the fallback of group stage Conference League football - rather than spend another season in the Betfred Cup group stages. 

8 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Clutching for some positives tonight…. I thought we played some nice stuff in spells and overall I thought Jensen looked decent. McGarry was great first half but tired. 

I agree.

I think both Jensen and especially McGarry looked good tonight. I just think the tactics are leaving the defence vulnerable. I think going forward we should keep it simple and play 4 at the back. 

40 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

100%.

2 wins in 11. We went for the cheap option with Robson. 

CBA with the Hibs match this weekend.

11 games, including 2 games vs Celtic and trips to Ibrox and Tynecastle, a double header against the Swedish champions, 2x trips to Livi and St Mirren where we have horrendous records etc.

Convenient that you chose to stop before  our win against Rangers too. Could easily spin it as 9 wins out of 18.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

3-5-2 has to go. Served a purpose but it's killing us now.

Certainly doesn’t work with Morris. He needs binned pronto. Zero defensive awareness and no final product. He gets us up the park because he can beat a man but he’s costing us goals.

Any time he gets in a crossing position I hope the defender puts it out for a corner because it sure as hell isn’t reaching a Dons player.