The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I stayed to the bitter end of the 6-0 and went to the defeat at Easter Road earlier this season, but elected not to go today. That’s what I deserve.

Just watching on Sportscene now. I’m not going full Polvarasexual just yet, but that’s a lovely finish and it’s nice to see him beginning to use his physicality a bit more.

Boyd looked like he just couldn’t believe what had happened, although maybe he was just dazed at full-time as a result of Duk trying out his wrestling moves in the celebration. 

Met John McMaster today. Was at a Highland Games in Gourock and knew he was the Chieftain. Tried to hunt him down but to no avail. Anyway, stopped at Morrisons in Greenock on the way out and here he was in full kilt regalia away in to do his shopping. Was more than happy to stop for a blether about the Dons and the fact they pumped the Hibees today. Some boy.  🏆 

IMG_9301.jpeg

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Met John McMaster today. Was at a Highland Games in Gourock and knew he was the Chieftain. Tried to hunt him down but to no avail. Anyway, stopped at Morrisons in Greenock on the way out and here he was in full kilt regalia away in to do his shopping. Was more than happy to stop for a blether about the Dons and the fact they pumped the Hibees today. Some boy.  🏆 

IMG_9301.jpeg

Nice T-shirt min.  Have the same one.

So in recent years ive met McMaster at Morrison's, Gordon Strachan in M&S (Dundee), im sure I saw WIllie Miller in Asda carpark a few months back.

Wonder who will be next.  Simmie in Sainsbury's? Hewitt in Home Bargains? Black and Mcghee in B&M?

Exciting times. 

Posted (edited)

New strip incoming by the look of it. Assume we’re still with Adidas and Texo as the main sponsors for a few seasons yet.

edit - Adidas are tagged in the tweet so definitely still with them.

Edited by Rodhull

I thought that the silver / (granite) grey in the collar might be repeated in the shorts and socks - but they're just plain red, not even 3 stripes anywhere on them.

The mad thing is, if the badge was just the simple AFC 'goalpost' on the exact same shirt, I'd probably love it.

I'm fickle that way.

Posted (edited)

Quite like it but £68 is pretty steep. I am past the age for football tops now anyway. I got caught up in the hype for last season’s away top but when I tried it on and looked in the mirror I had no business being in that thing. 

Edited by STFU_Donny

Posted (edited)

It feels like all our kits would all be improved tenfold (in my eyes, at least) with this crest. 2014/15 home kit was great IMO, but would have been bang average with the contemporary crest. 

Aberdeen FC unveil new kit for 2014/15 season

Edited by DrewDon