The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I can understand the attraction to him of moving there. It’s a league he knows, a team that dominates possession more often than not, and he has the ability to establish himself as a starter more or less as soon as he joins.

I hope it doesn’t happen and he either heads abroad or down south, but he would improve them unfortunately.

Top player even if I’m going to bitterly pretend otherwise if he ends up at Ibrox.

37 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I can understand the attraction to him of moving there. It’s a league he knows, a team that dominates possession more often than not, and he has the ability to establish himself as a starter more or less as soon as he joins.

I hope it doesn’t happen and he either heads abroad or down south, but he would improve them unfortunately.

Top player even if I’m going to bitterly pretend otherwise if he ends up at Ibrox.

Hmm.

I'm not sure how he copes with the pressure. Could see it going more along the lines of the Scott Wright career progression rather than Ryan Jack.

20 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Hmm.

I'm not sure how he copes with the pressure. Could see it going more along the lines of the Scott Wright career progression rather than Ryan Jack.

Thats ‘on the scrap heap of clubless/unemployed football jobbies Ryan jack’ you mean 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thats ‘on the scrap heap of clubless/unemployed football jobbies Ryan jack’ you mean 

That’ll be Ryan Jack incoming then as his replacement, or will he be off to Tannadeechee?

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Hmm.

In fairness, Jack made a determined effort to endear himself to the fanbase and ease the pressure by acting hard and getting about twenty red cards in his first season. I would recommend Barron take the same approach if the move does happen. 

Edited by DrewDon

20 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

LOL.

Celtic will be delighted if that’s the level of player in The Rangers team next year 

Not that big a loss for the Dons I don’t think.

Hmm I dunno. He's a tidy player, has the potential to reach Callum McGregor levels and is very much a player in the same vein. 

It's been a strange situation with him as he's not had consistent game time. I don't think Ibrox is a smart move for him tho tbh if he does go there, he'd be much better served following Fergusons/hickeys path.

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

In fairness, Jack made a determined effort to endear himself to the fanbase and ease the pressure by acting hard and getting about twenty red cards in his first season. I would recommend Barron take the same approach if the move does happen. 

Yeah I Iiked Jack as a player, when he's fit and on form he's a great player. Agree with the above tho, acting hard and trying to wind up Aberdeen fans to get the zombies onboard. Wright did it too, a weak fart would knock him over too. 

Regardless, we'll need to strengthen in the middle of the park. Still haven't replaced Ramadan I and we can't rely on Shinnie playing 40 games a season.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

LOL.

Celtic will be delighted if that’s the level of player in The Rangers team next year 

Not that big a loss for the Dons I don’t think.

Agreed, if Barron is their level then it suggests they really are skint. I hope he goes.

Just another wee local rat if he lands up there...if he has the opportunity to go to Italy and decides Snake Mountain is the place for him then he deserves all the failure he's going get.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

On 12/06/2024 at 07:30, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ok, so London is very accessible from Coatbridge on various methods of travel ie. Car/Train/Plane and I’m sure he regularly pays for his friends and family to visit him given he’ll be a very rich young man. London is also a very cosmopolitan city which will 100% cater for the English speaking.

You however are suggesting KT would not be any more homesick if he lived in Pakistan which is c.4000 miles from Coatbridge ?

I 100% disagree.

You can move from Dundee to Aberdeen and be homesick. Not something to make light of.

It's hard to tell if Barron is rated or not going off the comments on this thread. On one hand you've got some saying he wouldn't be good enough for Rangers, and others saying he should follow the career pathway of Ferguson and Hickey, who are undoubtedly too good for us.

I've not seen much of him, but if it were to happen, it would be a rather low risk signing from our perspective I think - getting a young Scottish player with some apparent potential which is a market we need to do better in anyway. I'm not sure how much any development fee would be but expect it would be affordable.

I'm not sure the transfer will happen though.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's hard to tell if Barron is rated or not going off the comments on this thread. On one hand you've got some saying he wouldn't be good enough for Rangers, and others saying he should follow the career pathway of Ferguson and Hickey, who are undoubtedly too good for us.

I've not seen much of him, but if it were to happen, it would be a rather low risk signing from our perspective I think - getting a young Scottish player with some apparent potential which is a market we need to do better in anyway. I'm not sure how much any development fee would be but expect it would be affordable.

I'm not sure the transfer will happen though.

Is any fee affordable to Rangers?

I like Barron but he's not as good as Ferguson was when he left Aberdeen, and he's not going to be as good as Lennon Miller either.

IMO Rangers is probably about right for him at this stage, then it's open about whether he develops well enough or not to go any further. I genuinely don't know.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I like Barron but he's not as good as Ferguson was when he left Aberdeen, and he's not going to be as good as Lennon Miller either.

IMO Rangers is probably about right for him at this stage, then it's open about whether he develops well enough or not to go any further. I genuinely don't know.

I hear what you’re saying but it’s not a certainty that he plays every week for Sevco. That would be his biggest mistake, he doesn’t have a full season of that under his belt and he needs it to develop. 
For me he should stay put and play every week for another year, maybe 2 if it takes that then get the right move. That’s not going to happen though so good luck to him unless he goes to Glasgow then Fuk um. 

Horrible when that lot are sniffing about your players. Surely the dons will be due a hefty development fee which may put them off.

No doubt they'll be waving a PCA at Danny Armstrong come January too. They'll do anything but pay money* to scottish clubs.

*they don't have any 

14 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I hear what you’re saying but it’s not a certainty that he plays every week for Sevco. That would be his biggest mistake, he doesn’t have a full season of that under his belt and he needs it to develop. 
For me he should stay put and play every week for another year, maybe 2 if it takes that then get the right move. That’s not going to happen though so good luck to him unless he goes to Glasgow then Fuk um. 

That’s pretty much how I see it, particularly with the Ferguson comparisons. Ferguson had a couple of years starting with us and really got to grips with how to impose himself on a game. I think Barron’s probably got a higher potential ceiling but doesn’t have the same maturity.

Even if he does start every week for The the Rangers, he’s unlikely to have the same pressure or opportunity to be the main man.