The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

46 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They are too similar. One of them needed to be making a dart forward but they were both happy to sit back.

I'm a big fan of Campbell. there's a real talent there but he'll be playing Championship football in January if he doesn't step up.

Both way too deep, which is especially problematic if you're already playing with three centre-backs and they're practically sitting on top of them. Neither really willing to engage in a battle further up the park, like Ferguson and McCrorie would do. I suppose they are squad players for a reason, but you also need your squad players to be able to step in and step up on weeks like this, and both have unfortunately been found wanting (along with others). 

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

McInnes is clueless at trying to change tactics during a game, or even before when he can’t have his preferred 11.

Not the sign of a good manager IMHO

I think McInnes has done a good job with Aberdeen qualifying every season for Europe. I wished he could have won another trophy but Celtic had a monopoly on that recently. Aberdeen can't afford to sack him but I think he will leave once his contact is up

31 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Joey, I know you’re President of the McInnes fan club but the 18 months prior to that have been pathetic

Anyone could see that a mile off today, so predictable and shite 

Dozen of awful signings over the last couple of years, so much money wasted and we have nothing to show for it 

I’m not a seething, relentless anti-McInnes bore but he’s been here almost 8 years 

We need a fresh pair of eyes 

Defending him to the death no matter what is genuinely bewildering to me 

What do you make of the football until last week?

4 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think McInnes has done a good job with Aberdeen qualifying every season for Europe. I wished he could have won another trophy but Celtic had a monopoly on that recently. Aberdeen can't afford to sack him but I think he will leave once his contact is up

That some way away though. We'll have had the resurgence by then.

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

What do you make of the football until last week?

Pretty decent in most games, the minimum what I would expect 

We’ve been bang average to poor in a number of games this season though, it’s hardly been swash buckling stuff 

How many games have we been brilliant for the 90 minutes?

I can’t think of any this season tbh, maybe County away 

6 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Pretty decent in most games, the minimum what I would expect 

We’ve been bang average to poor in a number of games this season though, it’s hardly been swash buckling stuff 

How many games have we been brilliant for the 90 minutes?

I can’t think of any this season tbh, maybe County away 

I think we hae been good to watch until the last 3 games but we have 3 centre midfield players out we was always going to struggle in these 3 games but the players still should have done better

Honestly think the mcinnes era is drawing to a close,The inevatable duopoly is back with Rangers and Celtic dominating.So best he can achieve is more or less what he has done already up to this point, and continue to try and keep us there.However i believe the strain is starting to show and i can sense it in his interviews,gone is the feel good factor the relaxed smile and instead he has become defensive .

Will always be grateful to him and Doc but honestly feel the time is right for someone to come in and breath new hope and ambition and get back that carefree feelgood factor that Derek himself gave us when he took over.

If occurs the new Manager will inherit a club in far better shape than Derek inherited ,another reason to be grateful but as said i honestly think the time is right for that change and i would certainly be talking to Derek and Doc about my thoughts if i were chairman to see if there was an affordable way out for all parties.

far to much knicker wetting going on tbf,what team wouldn't struggle with the amount of injurys-covid lay offs we have,you can't expect these players to come in and be excellent,maybe bringing in 1 or 2 to cover the odd injury but the way things are just now is nuts,let's c what happens next week when we get a few 1st teamers back.

11 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

far to much knicker wetting going on tbf,what team wouldn't struggle with the amount of injurys-covid lay offs we have,you can't expect these players to come in and be excellent,maybe bringing in 1 or 2 to cover the odd injury but the way things are just now is nuts,let's c what happens next week when we get a few 1st teamers back.

Weren't Hamilton down to the bare bones on Wednesday? It's just we assume they're so bad we don't know who their first choice are, let alone the second?

48 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think we hae been good to watch until the last 3 games but we have 3 centre midfield players out we was always going to struggle in these 3 games but the players still should have done better

Clinical with 2 finishes against Hibs, the 2 nd from a comical hibs error, then definitely not good to watch for the remainder of the game. 
A decent result for sure, but good to watch is pushing it.

36 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

Behave, you’re cover players are well above the wage bracket provincial clubs can afford 

I didn't say they were not did I you baw bag,im only saying so many changes in one go for any team is gonna be a huge struggle,im certain we will be back up and running within the next fortnight,when do we have killie again

Behave, you’re cover players are well above the wage bracket provincial clubs can afford 

27 minutes ago, big al said:

Clinical with 2 finishes against Hibs, the 2 nd from a comical hibs error, then definitely not good to watch for the remainder of the game. 
A decent result for sure, but good to watch is pushing it.

At Easter road we dominated the game, the other game up 2-0 after 12 mins game is nearly over

24 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

This.

Saints played Motherwell today so short on numbers we had Shaun Rooney playing CB with Michael O'Halloran as a right back, combined with 35yo Liam Craig playing 2 games in 4 days.

We still won and played entertaining football.

You should never be afraid to sack your manager and take the jump if you genuinely feel like their time is up. Fresh ideas can rejuvenate players in the most surprising of ways.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

Saints played Motherwell today so short on numbers we had Shaun Rooney playing CB with Michael O'Halloran as a right back, combined with 35yo Liam Craig playing 2 games in 4 days.

You should never be afraid to sack your manager and take the jump if you genuinely feel like their time is up. Fresh ideas can rejuvenate players in the most surprising of ways.

Do you think it was right time for Tommy Wright to leave St Johnstone?

Just now, betting competition said:

Do you think it was right time for Tommy Wright to leave St Johnstone?

Yes.

I'm not claiming Davidson is a better manager, or will even be a success for us, but the football under TW had become an absolute slog to watch, and it often felt like the whole idea was simply to counter our opponents plans. Under Davidson we've got a style, got a set up, and we're genuinely good to watch.

One of those things where you're so afraid to move away from a long term, successful, manager you'll just accept the guff they're serving up, as you're half under the impression its either guff and success, or failure, when that's not necessarily the case.

31 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

I didn't say they were not did I you baw bag,im only saying so many changes in one go for any team is gonna be a huge struggle,im certain we will be back up and running within the next fortnight,when do we have killie again

Sorry you big mental hard man 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Joey, I know you’re President of the McInnes fan club but the 18 months prior to that have been pathetic

Anyone could see that a mile off today, so predictable and shite 

Dozen of awful signings over the last couple of years, so much money wasted and we have nothing to show for it 

I’m not a seething, relentless anti-McInnes bore but he’s been here almost 8 years 

We need a fresh pair of eyes 

Defending him to the death no matter what is genuinely bewildering to me 

A bit harsh.

Every single club in Scotland, and I include the OF here, would love to have Ferguson and McCrorie.....a player McInnes laughably snatched from der *** and who will make us millions in a few years.....in central midfield. 

He also brought Watkins from nowhere and based our attacking game on his movement and link up play, which was working well until a series of unfortunate events meant that our legs were kicked from under us. 

We've stepped up a gear this season, and it's been some of the best football we've seen in the last 5 or 6 years. He deserves credit for that.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

This isvwhy St Johnston are so far above us in the table. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

A bit harsh.

Every single club in Scotland, and I include the OF here, would love to have Ferguson and McCrorie.....a player McInnes laughably snatched from der *** and who will make us millions in a few years.....in central midfield. 

He also brought Watkins from nowhere and based our attacking game on his movement and link up play, which was working well until a series of unfortunate events meant that our legs were kicked from under us. 

We've stepped up a gear this season, and it's been some of the best football we've seen in the last 5 or 6 years. He deserves credit for that.

When we've played well this season we've been a joy to watch. It was actually painful to watch tonight. Our second string should at least be competetive against St Mirren but we only managed about four decent attacking moves. 

I do remember the stick or twist dilemma with JC though. We're on about 16 now. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This isvwhy St Johnston are so far above us in the table. 

Thats not what I'm saying, at all.

You can be crippled by fear and continuously back McInnes and his inability to turn you into a genuine 3rd force, believing that sacking him can only make you worse, or you can roll the dice.