The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Wright is 24 in August, my understanding is we won't be due any compensation at that point.

Edit: a quick Google suggests that there's no compensation after a player turns 23 (think the English FA have an U24 rule)

Edited by HunterAFC

2 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Wright is 24 in August, my understanding is we won't be due any compensation at that point.

I think you are correct. but will he be happy to wait until January window to sign for a club? 

It's likely someone will pay a small fee in the summer.

37 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Well hopefully. Sounds better than it being a swap for Greg Stewart that some rangers fans are suggesting at least.

You're surely due compensation for Wright, while Stewart is available for nothing in the Summer, so accepting a straight swap would be a horrendous bit of business surely?

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're surely due compensation for Wright, while Stewart is available for nothing in the Summer, so accepting a straight swap would be a horrendous bit of business surely?

You would hope so. Even some kind of reduced cash and Stewart on loan for the rest of the season type deal would likely not be to Aberdeen’s favour.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

One could argue that we're finally set up to.play football that he could actually thrive in 😂

Possibly, far more than the 4-2-3-1 did but I’m sure we’d still find a way to f**k that up. Or he’d injure himself in the first game and out for the next 4 months.

Edited by Rodhull

41 minutes ago, HunterAFC said:

Edit: a quick Google suggests that there's no compensation after a player turns 23 (think the English FA have an U24 rule)

41 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He'll be joining his next club before then.

"Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23." 

I think this means he has to be registered at his next club before the end of this season for us to be due compensation. 

The development contribution is only payable where registered before the 23rd birthday, so that ship sailed. 

On schedule, the season ends in May when the last league game is played. Possible hilarity if he signs a 1 june pre contract and the season gets extended. 

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

"Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23." 

I think this means he has to be registered at his next club before the end of this season for us to be due compensation. 

The development contribution is only payable where registered before the 23rd birthday, so that ship sailed. 

On schedule, the season ends in May when the last league game is played. Possible hilarity if he signs a 1 june pre contract and the season gets extended. 

What a nonsense rule!

30 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's impossible for a player to be registered at a different club before the season ends, as the registration window doesn't open up until after it.

If Wright turned 23 this season, and you've offered him a deal before he reaches the final 6 months equal to, or better, than his current deal, then you're due compensation, I believe. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think it is very harsh the abuse Campbell is taking,  the kid is still only 19 and we was a midfielder down due to playing two up top. Aberdeen fans do have a history of giving local lads a hard time. 

I've probably been his biggest advocate on here. He was poor yesterday though and has been on most of his outings this season.

Given the news on the Scottish Cup, it's probably worth rearranging our long-since postponed game at Parkheid to Sat 30 Jan - rather than playing in a midweek in Feb (which now may be needed for the cup) 

Edited by tarapoa