The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

So with our lack of options up front just wondering if anyone would have taken Cummings if he'd been an option before going to Dundee?

No

Two reasons.

One he isn't very good

Two he doesn't appear to be a very nice person and seems to have a bad attitude.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Absolutely not.

I would have said the same about a month ago but the thought of Cosgrove or Main being the only two options with Anderson thrown on for the last few minutes on a rare occasion is grim beyond belief and making things seem more desperate. 

He is a fucking idiot though and would probably quickly regret signing him.

Of course if Cosgrove even comes close to his previous decent form there shouldn’t be too much of an issue but hard to see it at the moment.

Edited by Rodhull

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

So with our lack of options up front just wondering if anyone would have taken Cummings if he'd been an option before going to Dundee?

Not sure if you’re having a laugh, or if that’s a serious question.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you’re having a laugh, or if that’s a serious question.

Look I just fancied something else being discussed than the boring shite about Scott Wright and Rangers fans to be honest. 

Just now, Illgresi said:

I liked the brief glimpse we got of Virtanen the other day. Looked like he's got a bit of drive about him.

He looked solid for Arbroath against Hearts earlier in the season, despite Arbroath barely getting a touch. Doesn't look like he's going to do anything fancy.  I can't imagine that Ojo would do anything better. 

10 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Look I just fancied something else being discussed than the boring shite about Scott Wright and Rangers fans to be honest. 

My mrs keeps asking me when Ryan hedges will get a haircut and stop looking ridiculous. Any thoughts? 

Ojo probably isn't quite as bad as some of our fans are making out on Twitter and suchlike, but he is just a bit of a nothing player - not much a ball-winner, not particularly incisive or progressive with his passing, doesn't score goals or assist them either. He wasn't dynamic enough to play in a two - we could maybe just about have got away with him as the deepest of a three in a game where we were dominating possession, but that was ultimately never going to be enough. To be honest, many of the things I saw in Ojo that I didn't particularly like I also worry about in Campbell's game, but at least he is still developing and has time to grow as a player yet. 

10 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Ojo probably isn't quite as bad as some of our fans are making out on Twitter and suchlike, but he is just a bit of a nothing player - not much a ball-winner, not particularly incisive or progressive with his passing, doesn't score goals or assist them either. He wasn't dynamic enough to play in a two - we could maybe just about have got away with him as the deepest of a three in a game where we were dominating possession, but that was ultimately never going to be enough. To be honest, many of the things I saw in Ojo that I didn't particularly like I also worry about in Campbell's game, but at least he is still developing and has time to grow as a player yet. 

Your post is spot on but it did make me laugh. 

‘He’s not as bad as folk make out but he offers literally nothing’ :lol:

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Your post is spot on but it did make me laugh. 

‘He’s not as bad as folk make out but he offers literally nothing’ :lol:

Haha. I thought about that after he posted it. He offers nothing, but he's not at Dave Bus levels of shiteness, I suppose. 

39 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Haha. I thought about that after he posted it. He offers nothing, but he's not at Dave Bus levels of shiteness, I suppose. 

Dave Bus. Wow. Id forgotten him.

Im sure he played against Celtic once? He was literally all over the pitch positioning wise . Looked amateur