The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If the few bits of news that have crept out lately are true then this is exactly how the club should be working. 

Wright leaves - replaced by highly thought of youth player.

Cosgrove sold for £2m profit, replace with similar player for free (no youth team option at present).

Positive news. I've liked the look of Ross in the reserve games I've been able to see and the Raith fans seemed to think a lot of him.

Just now, coprolite said:

Assuming Cosgrove is sold for real money and we can replace him, who do people think we'll be looking at?

We could  potentially afford the £1/2m that Hughes quoted for Stewart, but would we want to pay a fee at all? 

If we agree a pre-contract with Ross Stewart then County are probably a bit easier to deal with. If not then we'd be looking at the loan market, I presume.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Assuming Cosgrove is sold for real money and we can replace him, who do people think we'll be looking at?

We could  potentially afford the £1/2m that Hughes quoted for Stewart, but would we want to pay a fee at all? 

I'd think the right thing to do is pocket the fee and work with loans.

I'd like to see Ross Stewart brought in as one of four strikers in the summer

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

No way we should or will be paying £500k for anyone with five months left on their contract.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I was thinking about potential loanees. We've had a few from Bristol City so i had a look at their first team squad on their website. There's a very notable (from our point of view) omission that i might be reading too much into. 

Is Jamie McAllister not getting on a bit nowadays ?

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I was thinking about potential loanees. We've had a few from Bristol City so i had a look at their first team squad on their website. There's a very notable (from our point of view) omission that i might be reading too much into. 

If it's Watkins is he not injured for another month at least?

Nicky Maynard

Maybe reading too much … he doesn't have a squad number, like their other loaned out players, and none of them are listed on that page. Don't think it signifies any new developments, although I would be happy if we got him

1 minute ago, Wool_Tang_Clan said:

Maybe reading too much … he doesn't have a squad number, like their other loaned out players, and none of them are listed on that page. Don't think it signifies any new developments, although I would be happy if we got him

I see

I wouldn't be paying £500,000 for Ross Stewart if he'd signed a Jim McLean contract, let alone with 6 months left when we can get him for free in the summer. Should not even be entertaining that sort of outlay, regardless of whether we get £2m for Cosgrove.

19 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:
1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I wouldn't be paying £500,000 for Ross Stewart if he'd signed a Jim McLean contract, let alone with 6 months left when we can get him for free in the summer. Should not even be entertaining that sort of outlay, regardless of whether we get £2m for Cosgrove.

Is Cosgrove 4 times the player Ross Stewart is?

This £500k is just Shree Hughes opening his cake hole and letting his belly rumble. 
Even if it was £50k, every penny is a prisoner (to us) so the player won’t be coming here in Jan, if at all.

Exorct to see a Josh Parker, Wes Burns, Jeffrey Monikana type player arrive on Monday.